C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

I guess watching all of those LBs in a deep draft class put up freak numbers at the Combine really inspired the Jets to give a free agent linebacker a monster deal. Wise. Wise, Jets. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I guess it could be worse. 

No. Nope. No.

2 hours ago, derp said:

They could do a lot of worse things in FA.

I will wholeheartedly agree with this.

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Jaguars are closing in on a deal for former #Texans CB AJ Bouye, per @JamesPalmerTV and me. They are bringing it.

IDZIK

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

Jags closing in on Buoye per NFL network

IDZIK

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

Lol Idziot isnt the GM he is there water\wipping boy accountant

I'd point out that our waterboy just got rebuffed by Brian Hoyer. 

• Upvote 2

Trading anything for Trevor Simien should be a terminal offense for Maccagnan. Completely incoherent.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's amazing to me that the Oakland Raiders were able to rebuild properly and the Jets are not being allowed to by everybody. Instead we have people openly wishing for people to lose their jobs and media members goading fans into reacting to rumors.

They drafted Derek Carr in the second round. We drafted Christian Hackenberg and are currently begging John Elway to trade us Trevor ******* Simien.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Art Stapleton‏ @art_stapleton

Expectation is that former #Jets + current FA quarterback Geno Smith will visit with #Giants today, per sources.

Oooooooooh

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jacksonville is a contender w/ romo.  Couglin has rightened that ship and they have a very talented roster.

I think the belief is that Bortles is an entitled puss who needs motivation.

You know what would be excellent cover fire for this year's team? If they brought Sanchez back on a one year deal. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Or a change of scenery as a wake up call. 

That literally never works.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Oh hell yeah, the Ringling Bros circus would have a new successor. 

It'd be a dominant storyline, as opposed to weekly updates of how sh*tty Hack looks in practice.

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'll take Morris Claiborne please.

Dream big, Adoni.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If Cleveland cuts Osweiler and is paying his salary I wouldn't mind picking him up. I think he's better than Petty or Hack. He played well for Denver in the past. As for the Texans even though O'Brien is supposedly a great QB expert since arriving in Houston their choices at Qb have been poor ones. He's the one behind giving O that bad contract a year ago. 

Dream big, Rangers9.

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's amazing that there many fans on Twitter and here that don't get what's going on

L'ironie ici est fantastique!!

• Upvote 1

Hey let's give $13m per to an inside linebacker that is begging the Patriots to re-sign him even though we burned a one on an underwhelming ILB last year and gave an ILB from 1956 a huge extension the year before. And let's make sure this new, expensive ILB will be off the field 96% of the time vs the team we're outbidding because it'll be funny.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Why would the Pats pay an ILB 10m?

Because they score 32 ppg and every team tries to run the ball against them to eat clock.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So what you're suggesting is that your offense decides what defensive pieces you need? Interesting theory, but it still means that he 's a good player. So if the Pats want to pay him 10m, why can't we pay him 12m?

Because you don't put a spoiler on a Kia Soul.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

We can't sign a good QB $14 mil per but we can give that money to an ok not great ILB

Can't wait for Macagnan to get fired

Agree, but this is beyond Macc. This is what it looks like when you have no organizational philosophy. This is what it looks like, as it was with Revis, when your owner thinks he's antagonizing Bob Kraft. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's different because of the age. Hightower is 26/27 so he has 4-5 prime year left. Revis was over 30.

But I still think he stays in NE.

It wouldn't matter if Hightower was 22.

• Upvote 1

Not even exaggerating here: Rex Burkhead was signed specifically to humiliate Donta Hightower, and he will 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So if they sign Hightower does that mean Harris is going to get cut?  Or are they going to keep both and play tiny lb occasionally?

If they sign Hightower, they'll move Darron Lee "outside" and cut Maudlin, which is code for "we should have drafted Paxton Lynch."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Explain that thinking

When you combine "available evidence" with relevant elements of recorded history and sensory perception, that's called "cognition."

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

no but i suspect if they land hightower then they will quickly go after Cutler and Carr

Carr is notorious is Dallas for being the guy Eli Manning abuses in every comeback victory the Giants have had against them

49 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then why did the Panthers sign Luke Keuchly to a massive deal? I know you dont value ILB much but if the Pats are willing to pay him 10m, they obviously think he's a good player. Especially since they could easily draft Reuben Foster this year and play him at ILB.

Sometimes when you are trying to create a culture change, you need to add a great player and leader. Reggie White to the Packers comes to mind, although Hightower is not as good as White

Luke Keuchly is to Donta Hightower  as Emmitt Smith is to Rex Burkhead

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm still trying to find out when Paxton Lynch played OLB

^Got a 740 on his SAT

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Paxton Lynch?

1470 min

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

15 years

In 2002 you were still reaping the glory of Bill Parcells' Magic Touch and don't know sh*t about Jet Life. You're the British version of YoungJetsFan, who ended up having a stroke. Blow me, Nigel.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

A Venn diagram of the people bitching about cupcakes, the people bitching about not signing Hightower, and the people bitching about overpaying for Hightower consists of three circles twelve feet away from one another.

Why would you not want Neil O'Donnell/Steve Atwater/Amp Lee these guys are proven winners I mean 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Amp Lee never played for the Jets.

- UWf

Dexter Carter*

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company