C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I thought the Redskins franchises him? 

I'd assume it's one of those Trade with a X time frame window to sign long term condition, probably this years 1st and another conditional pick for 2018.

This QB carousel is really starting to shape up as a perfect storm for Cutler to be a Jet, Jets have no one, Cutler has no suitors offering him a starter job, kinda like Fitz last year FML!

Why the Jets, just go get Case Keenum to keep the seat warm for next years drafted QB.

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Jet fans think Hackenberg is awful because he wasn't put into a game . I wonder why after seeing what Lynch had to offer and what Goff had to offer if they teams, not their fan bases, think about them . QBs need to be developed, not destroyed to appease a fan base. Hackenberg is 22 yrs old, and if he gets it when he turns 25 it would be worth it .  

Yeah but if he gets it when he is 25 he will already have either moved on to another team because his rookie contract expired, or the Jets by some miracle saw that he would "get it at 25" before he actually "gets it".

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

2005 was the worst team since Kotite. That team couldn't score on anyone. 

Maybe we can get Brooks Bollinger to come out of Retirement, ensure that 0-16 season 😀

• Upvote 1

The only guy I was willing to give $$$$ in FA was Perry, and maybe Bouye, depending on the guaranteed money.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

So true, every year before a big QB is supposed to come out everyone says we should tank.  Then when 

that QB is in position to be drafted he gets picked apart.  Didn't we go through this with Watson last year?

And now we may actually have a chance to draft him and some are saying let's pass

Nobody with a decent head on their shoulders thought Watson was a can't miss prospect after last year, that was just pure Media over reaction.

Darnold on the other hand is considered in the Luck, Manning category as can't miss by actual talent evaluators.

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I'm not a fan of tanking either, I mean if it happens it happens, but deliberately doing it for something not guaranteed seems to be a waste.  I mean isn't there the possibility if the Jets tanked this year and had the #1 overall pick that Darnold could still stay in school and not declare for another year a la Peyton Manning?

I don't see starting the season with Petty, and Hackenberg as your 1st and 2nd in depth chart as purposely tanking, I see it as hey we have drafted 2 QB's in the last 2 drafts, we only get 4 years to find out if they can play at an acceptable level so let's find out, and if they can't we move on next year when options both in the draft, and FA are projected to be much better.  If one of the 2 QB's shows they are the future awesome let's throw a parade, and start building this team around him ASAP!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Nick Perry staying with the Packers :(  Happy we didn't go this higher though!  5yr/60M (18.5 gtd)

The 18.5 guaranteed is a steal, the rest of the contract numbers mean absolutely nothing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I hate being a Jets victim honestly.  Here I sit already trying to spin Cutler into a positive a la Vinny resurrecting his career.  I despise Cutler (he quits too easy imo) though and it makes me sick I'm sitting here trying to find the silver lining...

Silver lining, the team Cutler played for last year is picking 3rd this year in the NFL draft because Cutler 1. Stinks B. Can't stay healthy.  Hopefully next year nobody goes worse then 3-13 instead of a 1-15, and a 2-14 team like this season.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I'd have no problem signing Cutler. It could make us competitive. He's the best available FA Qb after Romo. 

Let's take it from the sign Fitz to 18 million in 2016 fan club president!

Cutler signing would only be trumped by the Fitz signing last season as worst Jets QB FA signings!

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Semian and a 4 for Sheldon. GO MAC GO MAC GO

Your trading a top 5 3-4 DE for an unwanted future journeyman backup QB, and a 4th seriously?

For me it's 2nd round pick for Sheldon, or keep him move him back to 3-4 DE let him beast, get 3rd round comp pick for him in 2018 draft.

2018 3rd round comp pick, and a year of Richardson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Semian, and 2017 late 4th rounder!

22 minutes ago, PepPep said:

How do you figure. I mean, seriously. FA is not over and the draft has yet to happen. But you automatically assume we will win no more than 4 games. How do you come up with that number? Why do people just throw out those kinds of statements. I truly do not understand. 

So you are telling me if the Jets trade for Cousins and have a great draft, sign some vets to fill holes, they will not win more than 4 games??? They will not, lets say, win 6 game??? 6 games is out of the question. 

Explain. 

Well I'd argue, but history shows every time the fan base thinks the team is on the path of a max 4 win dumpster fire season post Kotite they when 8+ games out of nowhere.

97 Jets

06 Jets

09 Jets

12 Jets

15 Jets

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Then we buy into the hype and play real NFL schedule the year after and get smacked right back to reality .

Yup so frustrating, the carousel of this trend needs to stop.

19 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You didn't ask me, but the answer is neither.

Don't trade picks, and don't overdraft a QB.  Add a veteran insurance policy, hell, even Geno Smith.

Let Hackenberg fail or shock us all, and then address the position aggressively next year.

I'd love nothing more for my son to be proudly rocking a Christian Hackenberg jersey for the next 15 years!  I will even buy him every version the Jets make, White, Green, Pro Bowl, and any other Alternative Jersey options available.

A guy can dream.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

That's the sentiment I want t see around here > What happens,  happens, but we can show our support for drafted Jets

I also have a realistic side of my thought process thou, and the most realistic outcome is the Jets are scrambling for an answer at QB again this time next season.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Either one would be the best QB prospect we've drafted since I've been a fan.  The best thing for this franchise would be to finish bottom two next year.

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Everyone and their mother is on this Darnold train, but I think I prefer the Rosen bus .

I'd be lying if I said I'd be perfectly fine with either, a little part of me would die if we miss Darnold by 1 pick.  Hopefully Rosen is as good as some think if that is the case thou, and I'd learn to live with missing out on Darnold if we're talking the difference between Big Ben, and Eli.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Stunner: Texans trade Brock Osweiler AND 2018 2nd-rd pick to CLEV for Browns to take Osweiler contract off Houston books, sources tell ESPN.

Man wish the Jets did this, you can cut Brock after this season with little to no cap hit, and get a free 2nd rounder.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's been Jax, Browns, Bears and Bills all making noise.

I'm not sweating it. Won't change much. That Browns OL is nice though.

That checks off 3 of the 5 teams who sucked worse then the Jets this year, so just gotta be worse then the Rams, and 49ers, BUT Rams have Goff , and 49ers will most likely land Cousins next offseason in FA at the latest, so if one of those 2 teams are picking 1st the Jets can do what is necessary, and trade whatever it takes to get up to 1 next draft if they can't get there on their own.

Pryor to Redskins 1 year 8 mill per Rappaport on NFL network.

23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What has Josh McCown ever won in the NFL?

The 1st pick in the NFL draft for the Bucs the year Winston came out, hopefully he can get the Jets the 1st pick in the draft the year Darnold comes out.

44 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

EJ Manuel signed before Geno. With a playoff team.

Well EJ has 2 healthy knees, Geno does not,

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why would you pay for 2 backup QBs? Why not just draft a 3rd QB?

They probably will, and release the loser of the backup QB competition.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company