NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

mmm.. yeah if you trade for Siemian that's like trading for petty.  He has a year of experience but wasn't good enough to win the front office or fans for the job.

Would force Bowles to play Petty/Hack though.. but hard to get excited for.
not-settled-yet.gif?w=620&h=290&crop=1

He became expendable because there is a 1st round pick waiting in the wings...I'm not a fan would prefer us take a QB this year....watson or Peterman in later rounds...Let them fight it out.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Simean is only 25 years old and looked pretty decent for the broncos. He would be worth giving up a 5th for after all the other qb needy teams sign their free agents. He has a bit of experience and could join petty and hack in an open competition and if any of the three panned out we could have a qb for a long time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Siemian will be selling cars, or working for a advertising company in about two years.  He is another QB drafted by a team that HOPES like hell they rubbed the Genie lamp enough to get themselves the next Tom Brady in the 6th-7th round.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I will wholeheartedly agree with this.

I try to be realistic when it comes to the Jets, with a touch of hopeless optimism. 

If the Jets sign Perry, I imagine it won't work out extraordinarily well. But I do think it's as worthwhile a gamble as they can make in FA.

Plus it kind of reminds me of the fact that Maccagnan was low key all over Olivier Vernon last year. This is similar (young, physical edge rusher). So it's kind of nice that there seems to be something resembling a plan of sorts, I guess. I'm not convinced it's a good plan, but I like to hope for the best. And while I can almost always twist what the Jets do into somehow making sense, this wouldn't take a whole lot of mental gymnastics to be logical.

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This leaves the following options:

• Jay Cutler
  • AJ McCarron (needs to be traded)
  • Nick Foles (I believe the Chiefs are not bringing him back)
  • Luke McCown (my personal dark horse, haven't heard his name mentioned by anyone)
  • Chase Daniel (Philly clearly wants to trade him)
  • Matt Barkley (FA)
  • Sanchez (FA)
  • Trevor Semian (trade-able if Denver gets Romo)
  • Romo (not coming to Jets, obviously)
  • Kaep 
  • Fitz
  • Geno

I cannot think of, and haven't heard buzz, anyone else at the moment. 

That list made me really really sad.

49 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Siemian will be selling cars, or working for a advertising company in about two years.  He is another QB drafted by a team that HOPES like hell they rubbed the Genie lamp enough to get themselves the next Tom Brady in the 6th-7th round.

I mean he did look pretty good last season. he is a better option than bringing in an old fart like hoyer or something...if we are trying to rebuild might as well take a shot on a young qb and since there are none really worth drafting at 6 we might be better going the free agency route. 

Perry is the Save Bowles' Job signing.  He needs to show defensive competence.  This helps that a lot.  

Ravens signing Jefferson shows good taste, but he was udfa.  Max needs to draft his own.  Johnson from BC.  

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I mean he did look pretty good last season. he is a better option than bringing in an old fart like hoyer or something...if we are trying to rebuild might as well take a shot on a young qb and since there are none really worth drafting at 6 we might be better going the free agency route. 

Siemian only looked 10x better than any qb on our roster last season

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Perry is the Save Bowles' Job signing.  He needs to show defensive competence.  This helps that a lot.  

Ravens signing Jefferson shows good taste, but he was udfa.  Max needs to draft his own.  Johnson from BC.  

Unless perry can play qb he ain't saving nobody's job next year

And I support going after Perry

Sources: If Texans miss out on Tony Romo they'll turn their attention to Jay Cutler. Jets are also in the mix for Cutler.

Cutler's going to Houston. No question about it.

Trading Sheldon Richardson to the with AJ McCarron coming back in a certain package to the has some legs to it.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Sources: If Texans miss out on Tony Romo they'll turn their attention to Jay Cutler. Jets are also in the mix for Cutler.

Cutler's going to Houston. No question about it.

Trading Sheldon Richardson to the with AJ McCarron coming back in a certain package to the has some legs to it.

would anyone do Sheldon for McCarron straight up?

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

would anyone do Sheldon for McCarron straight up?

geez, no.  One is a 1st round draft pick/talent with a documented very bad behavioral history and attitude and the other is a scrub QB with an alleged bad attitude.  If Mac makes such a trade, I would view that as a fireable offense.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

geez, no.  One is a 1st round draft pick/talent with a documented very bad behavioral history and attitude and the other is a scrub QB with an alleged bad attitude.  If Mac makes such a trade, I would view that as a fireable offense.

i mean, the guys going to get canned after this season anyway, might as well try and get a QB that the league seems to view as talented.

10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Simean is only 25 years old and looked pretty decent for the broncos. He would be worth giving up a 5th for after all the other qb needy teams sign their free agents. He has a bit of experience and could join petty and hack in an open competition and if any of the three panned out we could have a qb for a long time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Simean looked like crap last year in the same offense that got Osweiler paid.  Trading anything for him would be pure desperation and end up being another big fail for this front office.  

At this point, we can't even draft our starter because we have no one to mentor the kid.  My guess is that Geno comes back for a one year, vet minimum deal.  And the fan base can start preparing for the 2018 draft.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Hearing Packers have a long-term agreement with Nick Perry. Huge win Green Bay. Keep the pass rushing LB. Should be announced today

Now we will see the fanbase's patience. La Canfora says a 5 year deal

Tough miss but he stayed home not much you can say there..  

would of been our best pass Rushing olb in years .

damn perry would of been good. i understand not breaking the bank for him though.  hopefully we get at least one quality o lineman and a quality cb/safety in free agency.  macc better approach this draft like his job depends on it. he needs to hit on i think 3 picks that can immediately contribute

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Hearing Packers have a long-term agreement with Nick Perry. Huge win Green Bay. Keep the pass rushing LB. Should be announced today

Now we will see the fanbase's patience. La Canfora says a 5 year deal

I am happy to hear this .  This team needs to be patient and spend the money at home and on 2nd or 3rd tier free agents  getting 2nd and 3rd tier money .

Archived