NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Interesting that they only offered backup money. Maybe they aren't as low on Hack and Petty as we all think.

Jet fans think Hackenberg is awful because he wasn't put into a game . I wonder why after seeing what Lynch had to offer and what Goff had to offer if they teams, not their fan bases, think about them . QBs need to be developed, not destroyed to appease a fan base. Hackenberg is 22 yrs old, and if he gets it when he turns 25 it would be worth it .  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Interesting that they only offered backup money. Maybe they aren't as low on Hack and Petty as we all think.

I don't know if that says all that.  8-10 makes sense for a guy who hasn't started a game in years.  It's a bit of a prove it deal, and the Bears bid against themselves.

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Jet fans think Hackenberg is awful because he wasn't put into a game . I wonder why after seeing what Lynch had to offer and what Goff had to offer if they teams, not their fan bases, think about them . QBs need to be developed, not destroyed to appease a fan base. Hackenberg is 22 yrs old, and if he gets it when he turns 25 it would be worth it .  

It would be amazing if he turned out to be good. The amount of crow every beat writer (and many a poster on this site) would have to eat.

Amazing. 

Just now, munchmemory said:

Please, please tell me you know Cutler and just got off the phone to confirm your comment.

One of my unnamed sources, which are just as valid as 99% of sports medias unnamed sources, has assured me that Culter is not coming to the Jets.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

CUTLER IS NOT COMING HERE AT A HIGH PRICE.

The only way he comes here is if he takes a 1 year deal

So he's going to take a cheap, 1 year deal?  lol

If he's looking for a 1 year deal, he's going to maximize his contract for it.  Typically the cost breaks comes from giving a player a long/er term deal.

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Yeah but if he gets it when he is 25 he will already have either moved on to another team because his rookie contract expired, or the Jets by some miracle saw that he would "get it at 25" before he actually "gets it".

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

the jets have ignored offense in the draft for a while.  they have a reputation of emphasizing defense.  prior regimes have failed to develop qbs.  offensive talent understandably does not want to come here.  the only way the jets are going to pull themselves out of the quicksand is for someone like mccags to have the balls and patience to draft someone like hackenberg and get guys around him to develop him.  the jets cannot fix this from the outside, from trades or FA.  they need to show some competence on offensive player development.

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Jets will be exploring numerous options for bringing in a QB. Numerous options for trading Sheldon. Smoke/Fire all over the place.

I still say, and I could be wrong, were there any leaks last 2 years about any FA signings i.e. Skrine, Gilchrist, Forte, McLendon etc..?  Revis was always rumored...

Archived