NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Jets signing cutler ... 3 years ~45 per wfan 

Did those morons say "signing"?  That is basically what Cutler costs now.  If that is an acceptable deal, you trade for him.  Then you can cut him at any time.  Chicago hasn't gotten any offers, but a 5th-7th would be worth being able to cut him early

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The only way he's coming here is if Houston doesn't offer him and he's forced to take our price.

Then he might retire.  

"He's one of several veterans who are still considering whether they want to play," Rapoport continued. "It is a consideration. It's something he's confided in people." Cutler will be 34 in April and has dealt with several injuries the last couple seasons including the torn labrum he is currently rehabbing, but it would be shocking if he decided to retire. This is almost certainly a ploy to scare away any potential trading partners, forcing the Bears to release him and allowing him to pick his next destination. With so many quarterback-needy teams, Cutler should have a healthy market once he is cut.

3 minutes ago, Sully said:

Jets losing out on every FA we've been linked to

We are being saved from ourselves which is good.  I won;t mind if we only sign one or two low price fas and never get desperate for FAs unless you are close to winning.

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Losing out or not overpaying?

I'm not entirely mad at his approach I'm like a spoiled kid on Christmas when it comes to free agency, I wanted Perry but I get that big FA signings don't usually work out

Just now, Beerfish said:

We are being saved from ourselves which is good.  I won;t mind if we only sign one or two low price fas and never get desperate for FAs unless you are close to winning.

Yes this is good. Also, there doesn't appear to be much "leaked" info from our F.O. again so far. This is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This real rebuild thing seems like an absolute certainty at this point, willing to tank for Darnold if he's coming out

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I still say, and I could be wrong, were there any leaks last 2 years about any FA signings i.e. Skrine, Gilchrist, Forte, McLendon etc..?  Revis was always rumored...

This. We had the same complaints last year, and the year before, during the tampering period. No Jets activity was leaked until free agency officially opened.

Unless I'm wrong, there hasn't been any reports about Bouye being signed anywhere. Maybe he's ours....

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Been listening off and on..It's not part of their 30 minute updates. The idiot Carton has been on the Cutler bandwagon for awhile. So he was probably spewing his usual crap..To think two of the biggest Jets fans in the NY media are Begingo & Carton is embarrassing

Just now, C Mart said:

Been listening off and on..It's not part of their 30 minute updates. The idiot Carton has been on the Cutler bandwagon for awhile. So he was probably spewing his usual crap..To think two of the biggest Jets fans in the NY media are Begingo & Carton is embarrassing

No wonder Jets fans have a bad name nationwide

Just now, C Mart said:

Benigno takes stupid to a new level every day.

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

His price under contract is supposed to be around $6.4M which seems pretty fair when Hoyer is getting that much. If they were interested I would have considered a trade.  

One thing about Macc and co - they run a tight ship no leaks and they are unpredictable...which is refreshing....Idziot was unpredictable too but in a moronic kind of way.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

IN the Geno, McGloin, McCown vein. That's where we should be for this year

Petty had a chance to play in 2016 and did not to me look like a starter. This is not a guy a go with in 2017. He's on the team but not our starter. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Petty had a chance to play in 2016 and did not to me look like a starter. This is not a guy a go with in 2017. He's on the team but not our starter. 

well in fact right now he is the starting QB and he looked pretty good to me considering.  I would like to see what he does in pre season against Hack

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

well in fact right now he is the starting QB and he looked pretty good to me considering.  I would like to see what he does in pre season against Hack

He didn't look good to me. The regular season is not a try out for a Qb. We are supposed to go with a Qb who can win games. Not a development project. 

Archived