C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

21 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Both him and Carton are embarrassing and think they speak for all Jets fans. They don't!

Truer words have never been written...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

LOVE this idea. McCarron is sneaky good.

This team needs a franchise QB, not a "sneak good" QB that will lead us to mediocrity. I'd rather bring back Geno and Sanchez. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This team needs a franchise QB, not a "sneak good" QB that will lead us to mediocrity. I'd rather bring back Geno and Sanchez. 

Who said McCarron is the long term answer? We're still drafting a QB high within the next two years. This is just better than paying Jay Cutler.

I don't trade Richardson for McCarron. I keep Sheldon and don't play him out of position. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

McCarron has a weak arm...will not make good use of Anderson and Smith

Let's see Smith step on the field before we start tailoring the offense to his skills, eh?

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Let's see Smith step on the field before we start tailoring the offense to his skills, eh?

ok then just Anderson

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't trade Richardson for McCarron. I keep Sheldon and don't play him out of position. 

You can't, because two of the highest paid/best players on the team also play his position.

Even if you hate McCarron people should accept that Sheldon is gone and we're probably getting pennies on the dollar for him because he's a knucklehead.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Who said McCarron is the long term answer? We're still drafting a QB high within the next two years. This is just better than paying Jay Cutler.

But you are giving away an asset, in Richardson, when you can just sign Cutler or any other JAG QB.  

I'd rather just go with Geno, lose 14 games and increase our chances of landing a franchise QB next year.  

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Greg Cosell's Film Review: An AJ McCarron scouting report

The Cincinnati Bengals will have to move forward with quarterback AJ McCarron, and we don’t know much about McCarron as an NFL quarterback.

Before last week against the Pittsburgh Steelers, when Andy Dalton went out with a broken thumb, McCarron had four NFL passes in two years. But McCarron came into a difficult situation against the Steelers and he handled it pretty well.

We don’t know how McCarron will play the rest of this season, for however long he must play for the 10-3 Bengals in place of Dalton. But we can analyze the film of the Steelers game for some clues, and I also went back to my draft notes on McCarron (funny enough, one of my notes was: “Will McCarron be seen as an Andy Dalton type of QB?”).

Here’s a sampling of what I thought about McCarron coming out of Alabama before the 2014 draft, after breaking down eight of his game films:

- Showed functional mobility in response to pressure

- Accuracy was a plus, consistent with his ball location

- Very efficient with his reads and throws in Alabama’s tightly structured pass game

- Showed the ability to throw with anticipation. Refined sense of progression reading, showed ability to work through progressions

- A very good touch passer, nice trajectory on deeper throws

- Anticipation and overall accuracy are positives, so is pocket composure

- A highly-structured pocket QB who needs functional space and a well-orchestrated pass game. Efficiency drops dramatically with bodies around him, not quick in the pocket

- An executor with awareness and understanding, limitations physically

- Much more of a soft tosser than a drive-the-ball passer

So we have a profile of a quarterback who didn't have a power arm, and was a safe and conservative passer in Alabama’s managed offense. I had questions if a limited passer such as McCarron could be a quality starter in the NFL. Those physical limitations I talked about were why he dropped to the fifth round of the 2014 draft.

When I watched McCarron’s film from the Steelers, game, I thought his passing skill set was similar to Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins. They are both quarterbacks who need to operate with refined timing and anticipation within the structure of the pass game to be effective. And McCarron did that well last week, and he also showed nice aggressiveness and confidence throwing the ball at the intermediate levels.

McCarron showed good awareness in the pocket, made aggressive throws with anticipation and overall did some good things against the Steelers, although he had moments when his inexperience was evident. McCarron is in a challenging spot now, leading a playoff-bound Bengals team. He has the benefit of a good supporting cast around him. We'll learn a lot about McCarron as an NFL quarterback in the upcoming weeks.

See article for Greg's remaining comments

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-s-film-review--an-aj-mccarron-scouting-report-233417948.html

15 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What?

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Okay.  Which one do you play out of position?  Wilkerson or Williams? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

But you are giving away an asset, in Richardson, when you can just sign Cutler or any other JAG QB.  

I'd rather just go with Geno, lose 14 games and increase our chances of landing a franchise QB next year.  

Well I do think McCarron has upside and salary wise he's cheap. I'd much rather get him and test drive him for a year than sign Cutler.

If it's an all out tank for a top top pick then frankly we should just start Petty.

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not many franchise QBs out there and what team(s) are trading them?

IF this goes down McCarron will be in the mix competing w/Hackenberg & Petty

24 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

This is something I suggested. I hope it happens, both guys HAVE to be traded by their respective teams... just get us a draft pick to go along with McCarron.

JEts put a second round tender in Wesley Johnson. More than likely he will be the starting center next year. Which, outside of one major snafu, should be okay

Edited by UnitedWhofans
  • Upvote 2

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

JEts put a second round tender in Wesley Johnson. More than likely he will be the starting center next year

smart move

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I play all 3 of them but not on every down. 3 guys playing two positions. Not saying on a specific play a guy can't line up differently or you can't use all 3 of them at the same time. 

Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini

#Jets showing interest in #Raiders WR Andre Holmes, per source. Has Brandon Marshall-like size (6-5). Had 14 catches last year, 3 TDs.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I play all 3 of them but not on every down. 3 guys playing two positions. Not saying on a specific play a guy can't line up differently or you can't use all 3 of them at the same time. 

They command too much money to do that.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

trade wilkerson.. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So.... out of position? 

Not really enamored with McCarron but it seems a lot of guys are:

NFL execs believe AJ McCarron is best QB trade target

145 comments

AJ McCarron is a hot commodity, according to the people whose opinions actually matter: NFL decision makers.

Just now, Stark said:

trade wilkerson.. 

Hahaha.  We couldn't trade him on his rookie deal or his tender.  You are going to be able to trade him now?  What are we going to get?  Two firsts, I am sure!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Stark said:

trade wilkerson.. 

Good idea, keep the guy who is one joint away from a year long suspension and is a free agent next year and trade the guy you just re-signed and absorb the $26M in dead money.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Hahaha.  We couldn't trade him on his rookie deal or his tender.  You are going to be able to trade him now?  What are we going to get?  Two firsts, I am sure!

ha, no unfortunately no one wants him. but ideally he doesn't break his leg to end the 2015 season and we would have been able to trade him.

I still think just watching him and richardson, richardson looks more like more beastly type of player. 

Just now, nyjets782 said:

Good idea, keep the guy who is one joint away from a year long suspension and is a free agent next year and trade the guy you just re-signed and absorb the $26M in dead money.

jesus, it was a statement made as a joke... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

So.... out of position? 

Look defenses change on every play. It's not so static. Sometimes guy play way out of position. But overall I try to get the best out of Sheldon. And with injuries and fatigue during a game using two out of the three per play is something teams do. A guy sits out a specific number of plays. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stark said:

ha, no unfortunately no one wants him. but ideally he doesn't break his leg to end the 2015 season and we would have been able to trade him.

I still think just watching him and richardson, richardson looks more like more beastly type of player. 

Also more dangerous to have on roster.  Volatile dude.  Richardson is a FA after this year.  You want to tag him?  Pay him?  Let him walk after trading your best player? 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

jesus, it was a statement made as a joke... 

Sorry.  You do realize what the other guy I am talking to is saying, right?  That might explain why I don't always see sarcasm around here. 

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Not many franchise QBs out there and what team(s) are trading them?

IF this goes down McCarron will be in the mix competing w/Hackenberg & Petty

You generally don't trade for a franchise QB, you draft one the year there is a clear cut one available like there will be in next years draft. When the Colts lost Manning to an injury they didn't panic and try to trade for a guy like Mccarron, they opted to just suck the rest of the year and get Luck. You think they regret that move? 

30 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't mind this move, either. McCarron has one year left on his rookie deal, so he's cheap. Let him prove his worth next year before locking him up long term.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sorry.  You do realize what the other guy I am talking to is saying, right?  That might explain why I don't always see sarcasm around here. 

Yeah i get what is being said.. I also realized that it is not easy to see a statement as sarcasm from a lot of posts.. 

all good.