Jump to content
C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Chris Mortensen‏ @mortreport

Kirk Cousins appealed personally to owner Dan Snyder for a trade but was basically told not to get his hopes up, per sources.

$25 mm not a bad consolation prize. He'll get over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Chris Mortensen‏ @mortreport

Kirk Cousins appealed personally to owner Dan Snyder for a trade but was basically told not to get his hopes up, per sources.

Next years FA class looks much better for QBs. cousins, garropolo, bradford, mccarron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Chris Mortensen‏ @mortreport

Kirk Cousins appealed personally to owner Dan Snyder for a trade but was basically told not to get his hopes up, per sources.

Snyder is a businessman to the extreme (as opposed to Woody, who is just clueless).  

I would bet that the Redskins are NOT a playoff team in 2017.  Too dysfunctional.  They are going to need to mail their draft to make up for spending that much on Cousins.

And in 2018, he is gone.  Maybe that is the Jets' plan...Not a bad one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tanking for a QB...Just don't get it. If this guy Darnold is the next coming of Joe Montana don't you think there will be several other teams with the same mindset. Although we may struggle there are teams just as bad. Say we have 3 wins mid season are you really going to tell your team to throw every game...That's great for team morale and attracting future free agents for sure. Wouldn't it be karma for him to pull an Eli and say FU I'm not playing for the Jets.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tanking for a QB...Just don't get it. If this guy Darnold is the next coming of Joe Montana don't you think there will be several other teams with the same mindset. Although we may struggle there are teams just as bad. Say we have 3 wins mid season are you really going to tell your team to throw every game...That's great for team morale and attracting future free agents for sure. Wouldn't it be karma for him to pull an Eli and say FU I'm not playing for the Jets.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app




Other teams seem like they're trying. We aren't.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KRL said:

So true, every year before a big QB is supposed to come out everyone says we should tank.  Then when 

that QB is in position to be drafted he gets picked apart.  Didn't we go through this with Watson last year?

And now we may actually have a chance to draft him and some are saying let's pass

Nobody with a decent head on their shoulders thought Watson was a can't miss prospect after last year, that was just pure Media over reaction.

Darnold on the other hand is considered in the Luck, Manning category as can't miss by actual talent evaluators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Nobody with a decent head on their shoulders thought Watson was a can't miss prospect after last year, that was just pure Media over reaction.

Darnold on the other hand is considered in the Luck, Manning category as can't miss by actual talent evaluators.

Lol same evaluators who said Hackenberg was Manning , Luck type prospect after his freshman year ..

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold is top of a group of what could be a really good, or at least better than this years', QB class.

Josh Rosen - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000679197/article/pac12-coach-josh-rosen-best-in-country-will-be-bigtime-pro
Luke Falk 
Lamar Jackson - could possibly switch to WR but a 4.34 for a QB is very intriguing, http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/03/09/lamar-jackson-runs-40-yard-dash/98930194/
Baker Mayfield - had some recent off-field problems, but has some talent
Mason Rudolph 
Jake Browning
Brett Rypien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, derp said:

Wasn't the whole Hackenberg thing called from a mile away predraft last year? That's the worst kind of thing to have leak IMO.

I don't mind if you find out they're negotiating with a guy they're already negotiating with, but if information about guys you're targeting in the draft goes public on a regular basis it's going to put you at a severe disadvantage.

Macc scouted him and a lot of others...not sure it was leaked that he would take him was just a good guess based on spying on Macc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Darnold is top of a group of what could be a really good, or at least better than this years', QB class.

Josh Rosen - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000679197/article/pac12-coach-josh-rosen-best-in-country-will-be-bigtime-pro
Luke Falk 
Lamar Jackson - could possibly switch to WR but a 4.34 for a QB is very intriguing, http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/03/09/lamar-jackson-runs-40-yard-dash/98930194/
Baker Mayfield - had some recent off-field problems, but has some talent
Mason Rudolph 
Jake Browning
Brett Rypien

I'm gonna stop U right there Jake Browning is Terrible .. arm strength is big question mark on the next level .. but there's some good talent out there just matter which one surfaces to the top 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Obviously the folks at cincyjungle have never heard of mechanics.

I think they have and know that hacks are so utterly messed up he is bust that will be passed on the depth chart the next time the Jets draft a Qb in any round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's disappointing to see the Jets missing out on players that could make us a better football team. We cannot rely solely on the draft and expect to get better any time soon. It just doesn't work that way.

If Darnold is that good, then it's fine - but right now we don't know that. Bowles is going to have to coach his ass off with these young guys to get us in a position to win a decent amount of games next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Jaguars are closing in on a deal for former #Texans CB AJ Bouye, per @JamesPalmerTV and me. They are bringing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one sad remaining list.  I went out and said it would be Chase Daniel and I am sticking to it.  Draft pick or player cost is the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Jaguars are closing in on a deal for former #Texans CB AJ Bouye, per @JamesPalmerTV and me. They are bringing it.

IDZIK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Jaguars are closing in on a deal for former #Texans CB AJ Bouye, per @JamesPalmerTV and me. They are bringing it.

Wonder how Woody feels that all these free agents want to play for Marrone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That is one sad remaining list.  I went out and said it would be Chase Daniel and I am sticking to it.  Draft pick or player cost is the issue.

Macc should be quartered if he trades a pick for a QB at this point.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Jaguars are closing in on a deal for former #Texans CB AJ Bouye, per @JamesPalmerTV and me. They are bringing it.

The idzik effect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New York Jets‏Verified account @nyjets 

We have given 2nd-round tenders to a pair of RFAs, CB Marcus Williams and C Wesley Johnson.

 

Dennis Waszak Jr.

Source confirms: No RFA tenders for TE Brandon Bostick or DT Mike Pennel. Both now UFAs. #Jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Macc should be quartered if he trades a pick for a QB at this point.

I agree but I think that is what is going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I agree but I think that is what is going to happen.

Hard to argue that you are rebuilding when you trade picks, rather than acquire them, for mediocre players.   I remember trading for the RB Zac Stacy in Macc's first draft I think.   Or trading down and instead of getting a pick back, getting a scrub WR from Houston that got cut (which amounted to a  6th round pick  I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nicg4360 said:

Tanking for a QB...Just don't get it. If this guy Darnold is the next coming of Joe Montana don't you think there will be several other teams with the same mindset. Although we may struggle there are teams just as bad. Say we have 3 wins mid season are you really going to tell your team to throw every game...That's great for team morale and attracting future free agents for sure. Wouldn't it be karma for him to pull an Eli and say FU I'm not playing for the Jets.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Nobody with a decent head on their shoulders thought Watson was a can't miss prospect after last year, that was just pure Media over reaction.

Darnold on the other hand is considered in the Luck, Manning category as can't miss by actual talent evaluators.

I'm not a fan of tanking either, I mean if it happens it happens, but deliberately doing it for something not guaranteed seems to be a waste.  I mean isn't there the possibility if the Jets tanked this year and had the #1 overall pick that Darnold could still stay in school and not declare for another year a la Peyton Manning?

Edited by JETSfaninNE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 19s20 seconds ago

Bears are releasing QB Jay Cutler, per sources. Cutler asked for and was granted his release this morning. Now a free agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, section314 said:

Wonder how Woody feels that all these free agents want to play for Marrone?

$$$$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Perry staying with the Packers :(  Happy we didn't go this higher though!  5yr/60M (18.5 gtd)

Edited by JETSfaninNE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Nick Perry staying with the Packers :(  Happy we didn't go this high though!  5yr/60M (18.5 gtd)

It's a good signing . Players have to get paid and the good ones will be overpaid it's just the nature of the business.. penny pinching shopping is how you create 2014 jets team imo 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

 

I'm not a fan of tanking either, I mean if it happens it happens, but deliberately doing it for something not guaranteed seems to be a waste.  I mean isn't there the possibility if the Jets tanked this year and had the #1 overall pick that Darnold could still stay in school and not declare for another year a la Peyton Manning?

I don't see starting the season with Petty, and Hackenberg as your 1st and 2nd in depth chart as purposely tanking, I see it as hey we have drafted 2 QB's in the last 2 drafts, we only get 4 years to find out if they can play at an acceptable level so let's find out, and if they can't we move on next year when options both in the draft, and FA are projected to be much better.  If one of the 2 QB's shows they are the future awesome let's throw a parade, and start building this team around him ASAP!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how much CAP can we carry over to next season?  At this point, let's pay the minimum to stay compliant.  Nobody of impact is coming here at this point.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scoop24 said:

It's a good signing . Players have to get paid and the good ones will be overpaid it's just the nature of the business.. bargain basement shopping is how you create 2014 jets team imo 

No doubt but that was pretty much the ceiling of what I wanted to pay him.  Bidding above that amount would have really hurt.  It is what it is and hope we can land a good pass rusher in the draft to make up for it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Nick Perry staying with the Packers :(  Happy we didn't go this higher though!  5yr/60M (18.5 gtd)

The 18.5 guaranteed is a steal, the rest of the contract numbers mean absolutely nothing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...