Jump to content
C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Both of their DE's are 30 and older. So a chance to get younger

25 is not older than 30.  Quinn, Donald and Brockers are all 26 or younger.  What old DEs do they even have? Besides, is Richardson even a DE?  He is probably more DT than DE assuming you are moving him to a 4-3 team.  A better answer would be that the Rams seem to love adding defensive linemen, so why wouldn't they add another?  They draft them almost as often as us. They drafted D-line in the first 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, and 2014. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

25 is not older than 30.  Quinn, Donald and Brockers are all 26 or younger.  What old DEs do they even have? Besides, is Richardson even a DE?  He is probably more DT than DE assuming you are moving him to a 4-3 team.  A better answer would be that the Rams seem to love adding defensive linemen, so why wouldn't they add another?  They draft them almost as often as us. They drafted D-line in the first 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, and 2014. 

William Hayes and Eugene Sims are 31 and 30 respectively. Those are their DE. Brockers and Donald are DT. Quinn only played 9 games last year.

Edited by UnitedWhofans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Both of their starting DE's are 30 and older. So a chance to get younger

Huh?  Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Dominique Easly, Ethan Westbrooks and Micheal Brockers are all under 30. Sims and Hayes are both 30 with plenty left in the tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiF said:

Huh?  Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Dominique Easly, Ethan Westbrooks and Micheal Brockers are all under 30. Sims and Hayes are both 30 with plenty left in the tank. 

Hayes is 31. Had only 5 sacks this year. Sims is 30 with only 2.5 sacks 

I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's just the possibility is there.

Edited by UnitedWhofans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiF said:

Huh?  Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Dominique Easly, Ethan Westbrooks and Micheal Brockers are all under 30. Sims and Hayes are both 30 with plenty left in the tank. 

Maybe they're interested in playing 6 defensive lineman

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Mike Silver is saying the 49ers are likely to acquire Kirk Cousins.

 

The Redskins franchise tag can be removed any time they want. The Skins dpn't seem convinced that Cousins is the franchise QB or they would have signed him long term. Maybe they are stupid, but if they can get the number two pick in the draft and they like Trubisky, they may pull the trigger. Hard to go against the guy you know compared to the potential of someone else, but the Skins have done similar things in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

huh? Is this true? Why franchise a zone type corner? guess just to use as an asset

Jason Cole‏ @JasonColeBR

Makes sense given that CB Trumaine Johnson doesn't really fit in the scheme DC Wade Phillips runs. Johnson lacks strong man-to-man skills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trumaine Johnson for Sheldon and a pick or two makes sense since both players are available are very good players. Obviously we don't know how the Rams feel about Sheldon. He's a very good player but he comes with baggage.

Trumaine is a good player. He's not great, his tackling is pathetic. But he's definitely a huge upgrade for us as a cover corner. I wouldn't mind him at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, C Mart said:

huh? Is this true? Why franchise a zone type corner?

Jason Cole‏ @JasonColeBR

Makes sense given that CB Trumaine Johnson doesn't really fit in the scheme DC Wade Phillips runs. Johnson lacks strong man-to-man skills

Well scrap that idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as further cuts I would like to see Gilchrist and Pryor hit the streets. IMO Pryor is the worst first round pick the Jets have made since Vernon Gholston. Can't cover anyone in space and takes very bad angles when coming across the field. IDK what Rex and Idzik saw in this guy other than his nickname in school, "Louisville Slugger". With a name like that Rex probably didn't even look at the film on him, just loved the nickname.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nyjbuddy said:

 

I think the Jets are hoping Tyrod Taylor gets cut by Buffalo.

I wouldn't mind Fasano at all. He's a very good blocking tight end. Something the Jets haven't had in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ex-Rex said:

As far as further cuts I would like to see Gilchrist and Pryor hit the streets. IMO Pryor is the worst first round pick the Jets have made since Vernon Gholston. Can't cover anyone in space and takes very bad angles when coming across the field. IDK what Rex and Idzik saw in this guy other than his nickname in school, "Louisville Slugger". With a name like that Rex probably didn't even look at the film on him, just loved the nickname.

Over Dee Milliner? Kyle Wilson?

I'm not a big Pryor fan at all. But I'd take him over Milliner who couldn't get on the field due to injuries and poor play and Kyle Wilson who was atrocious for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Trumaine Johnson for Sheldon and a pick or two makes sense since both players are available are very good players. Obviously we don't know how the Rams feel about Sheldon. He's a very good player but he comes with baggage.

Trumaine is a good player. He's not great, his tackling is pathetic. But he's definitely a huge upgrade for us as a cover corner. I wouldn't mind him at all.

Who would be giving who a "pick or two?" If it's the Jets giving the Rams a pick I say no. CB is a deep position in the draft and if the Rams want Richardson they can give us Johnson and a fourth.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ex-Rex said:

Who would be giving who a "pick or two?" If it's the Jets giving the Rams a pick I say no. CB is a deep position in the draft and if the Rams want Richardson they can give us Johnson and a fourth.

It would have to be the Jets because Sheldon has strikes against him in the league. He's a risk for a full years suspension.

It's a deep draft for CB's but ideally you'd like to pair a guy you draft with a FA/Vet. Johnson would fit that bill. I think Sheldon has a lot of baggage that scares teams off. Because he's to talented a player for teams to not be interested in him. I'm talking late round picks.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

makes sense..browns have the picks and cap room

Rams open to trading CB Trumaine Johnson

The Rams and Johnson -- set to make $16.7 million under the tender -- have until July 15 to strike a multi-year deal, but a trade has always felt possible for the 27-year-old defender.

"So much of what the Rams are doing is about building and they would be able to get a significant draft-pick haul for one of the top corners in the game," Rapoport told NFL Network. "Right now they are weighing their options, trying to see what is out there for Trumaine Johnson and for the Rams."

Parting ways with Johnson could serve as the answer to a suddenly expensive relationship that feels bound to end after next season. Especially after general manager Les Snead acknowledged publicly last week that the Rams still need to find out if Johnson "fit" in the system of new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.

With former Rams play-caller Gregg Williams now in Cleveland, the Browns are a logical candidate to explore a swap for Johnson. A team like the Titans -- maybe even the Jaguars -- would also make sense. With good cornerbacks so hard to find, the list could be a long one.

It's a nice position for the rebuilding Rams to find themselves in.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791163/article/rams-open-to-trading-cb-trumaine-johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

I thought the Redskins franchises him? 

Do you not understand what 'acquire' means?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

if the jets want to get younger why sign a 32 year old TE?  to help out hack?

He's also a safe option both in the passing game and in run blocking. Without a LT he could come in handy I'm assuming.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

He's also a safe option both in the passing game and in run blocking. Without a LT he could come in handy I'm assuming.

Agreed. His ability to block is what's important. Especially for a young QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

One of the best weeks of the NFL year. Can't wait to see how each team transforms over the next few days.

are the jets going to win the off season again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Do you not understand what 'acquire' means?

Nope.  Had to use google.  Unfortunately, the dictionary I used didnt explain how a team acquires a player who's been franchised by another team. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think the Jets are hoping Tyrod Taylor gets cut by Buffalo.

I wouldn't mind Fasano at all. He's a very good blocking tight end. Something the Jets haven't had in a while.

Jets had just that type of TE in BECHT and he was vertually run out of town by fans. Guess the old saying you don't know what you have till its gone applies here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

He's also a safe option both in the passing game and in run blocking. Without a LT he could come in handy I'm assuming.

he would be a good guy to have in pass pro with hack there, especially with that LT situation unsettled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

without tanny that's tough.

We won in 2015. And now we have no cap space for big splashy moves. I still wouldn't put it past Macc to create some cap room and smoke it in a heartbeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think the Jets are hoping Tyrod Taylor gets cut by Buffalo.

I wouldn't mind Fasano at all. He's a very good blocking tight end. Something the Jets haven't had in a while.

I wanted the jets to draft fasano.  he would be a good addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nope.  Had to use google.  Unfortunately, the dictionary I used didnt explain how a team acquires a player who's been franchised by another team. 

Guffaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Jets had just that type of TE in BECHT and he was vertually run out of town by fans. Guess the old saying you don't know what you have till its gone applies here.

Agreed. Although fans hated him more because he was a 1st round pick with stone hands. I personally never hated Becht, always saw his value to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Larz said:

I wanted the jets to draft fasano.  he would be a good addition

He definitely would be. If our TE's our him and ASJ next year I'd be fine with that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are supposedly one of several teams after Raiders fourth Wr Andre Holmes.      Very good special teamer , but very limited Wr with questionable hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Jets are supposedly one of several teams after Raiders fourth Wr Andre Holmes.      Very good special teamer , but very limited Wr with questionable hands.

Don't you know that consistently catching the ball is not a requirement for Jet receivers?:D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...