NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I don't see starting the season with Petty, and Hackenberg as your 1st and 2nd in depth chart as purposely tanking, I see it as hey we have drafted 2 QB's in the last 2 drafts, we only get 4 years to find out if they can play at an acceptable level so let's find out, and if they can't we move on next year when options both in the draft, and FA are projected to be much better.  If one of the 2 QB's shows they are the future awesome let's throw a parade, and start building this team around him ASAP!

One of the few on this board that get it. The Jets aren't going to "purposely" tank, but they aren't going to bring in high priced vets in a desperate attempt to be competitive this year. Anyone they bring in will be young and expected to contribute for another 4 or 5 years at a reasonable contract. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lupz27 said:

I don't see starting the season with Petty, and Hackenberg as your 1st and 2nd in depth chart as purposely tanking, I see it as hey we have drafted 2 QB's in the last 2 drafts, we only get 4 years to find out if they can play at an acceptable level so let's find out, and if they can't we move on next year when options both in the draft, and FA are projected to be much better.  If one of the 2 QB's shows they are the future awesome let's throw a parade, and start building this team around him ASAP!

100% with you.  If the Jets can't pull off a trade for Cousins, I'm all in on Hackenberg vs Petty.  I wasn't thrilled with Pettys arm honestly after seeing him last year.  Yes he can throw a deep ball, but from what I saw it looks like he has to get a lot of air under the ball and it seems to take too long to get where its going.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

One of the few on this board that get it. The Jets aren't going to "purposely" tank, but they aren't going to bring in high priced vets in a desperate attempt to be competitive this year. Anyone they bring in will be young and expected to contribute for another 4 or 5 years at a reasonable contract. 

FA hasn't started yet so I wouldn't talk so confidently about what the Jets are trying to do just yet.  I mean here comes the rumors again of the Jets interest in Cutler.  Thats not a tank move at all.

I hate being a Jets victim honestly.  Here I sit already trying to spin Cutler into a positive a la Vinny resurrecting his career.  I despise Cutler (he quits too easy imo) though and it makes me sick I'm sitting here trying to find the silver lining...

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I hate being a Jets victim honestly.  Here I sit already trying to spin Cutler into a positive a la Vinny resurrecting his career.  I despise Cutler (he quits too easy imo) though and it makes me sick I'm sitting here trying to find the silver lining...

SMH...... well he had a good year with Bates once, right???? right ??? oh lord it is tough to spin.

Shefter's tweet doesn't really say they're interested.  It says we're the only team with "a potential interest."  Bascially just speculation.  We've been linked to every free agent QB out there.  Cutler is no different.

Just now, Stark said:

SMH...... well he had a good year with Bates once, right???? right ??? oh lord it is tough to spin.

I'm already dizzy and its only been 5 mins

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Unless Cutler signs for 1m a season I don't want him

I just want a veteran backup on the cheap, this is not the year/season to be banking on a QB.  Next year makes so much more sense with the FA and Draft.

Just now, sourceworx said:

Shefter's tweet doesn't really say they're interested.  It says we're the only team with "a potential interest."  Bascially just speculation.  We've been linked to every free agent QB out there.  Cutler is no different.

I've had a bad feeling all morning we are signing him.  It just feels like the stars are aligning for it.

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Silver lining, the team Cutler played for last year is picking 3rd this year in the NFL draft because Cutler 1. Stinks B. Can't stay healthy.  Hopefully next year nobody goes worse then 3-13 instead of a 1-15, and a 2-14 team like this season.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

I've had a bad feeling all morning we are signing him.  It just feels like the stars are aligning for it.

i don't know if the jets would want his pouting routines with their young qbs.  fitz was a positive influence.  i really don't see him coming here.

ugghhhh Casserly is spinning this pretty well hhahaha

Casserly was just saying career wise Cutler has more INTs then TDs and is wildly inconsistent.  EXCEPT for 2 years, one with Bates, one with Gase where he was almost 2:1 TD/INT.  Casserly believes with the right system he could be a very good QB again.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

I really hope you are right!!

if the jets are destined to suck this year, and they want a veteran, why not bring fitz back?  he's got nowhere else to go, he'd at least compete for a starting job, they could obviously get him on the cheap, and he'd continue to mentor the young qbs including any rookie they draft.  i don't see why they'd take cutler and his antics over someone like fitz, if you're hellbent on signing someone.  

Archived