NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I said earlier that Macc should be quartered if he trades a pick for a QB at this point.  I stand by that.

it seems the broncos would only do it if they get romo, but if romo goes to the texans then i will assume the jets will begrudgingly bring in cutler so they have a body besides the two others.  

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Clearly this fanbase just expects the worst which usually means that the worst will happen.

People just want them to fail. And it pisses me off because these are, for the most part, good people. I have never seen a franchise where everybody wants them to do the wrong thing

This fanbase expects the worst because, for practically the entirety of our history, the worst does happen. And maybe, just maybe, that's the fault of the "good people" (?) making the decisions, not a bunch of guys sitting in front of their computers. 

Clearly this fanbase just expects the worst which usually means that the worst will happen.

People just want them to fail. And it pisses me off because these are, for the most part, good people. I have never seen a franchise where everybody wants them to do the wrong thing

Oh for ****s sake.  Literally everyone wants them to do exactly what you've been menstruating about them doing, and the fans allowing them to do, for the past two years.

Don't deplete draft resources on a QB that isn't the future of the team and don't sign expensive stop gap veterans.

The proper rebuild, and now, when rumors swirl, people are opposed to those rumors, and now everyone wants them to do the wrong thing?  Make up your mind.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

This fanbase expects the worst because, for practically the entirety of our history, the worst does happen. And maybe, just maybe, that's the fault of the "good people" (?) making the decisions, not a bunch of guys sitting in front of their computers. 

But they're not connected. Rich Kotite has no connection with todd Bowles.

Fans don't seem to understand that whatever happened in the 90s does not affect today

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Semian and a 4 for Sheldon. GO MAC GO MAC GO

Your trading a top 5 3-4 DE for an unwanted future journeyman backup QB, and a 4th seriously?

For me it's 2nd round pick for Sheldon, or keep him move him back to 3-4 DE let him beast, get 3rd round comp pick for him in 2018 draft.

2018 3rd round comp pick, and a year of Richardson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Semian, and 2017 late 4th rounder!

Semian's number last year playing behind a bad offensive line and rushing attack.....

18 TD - 10 INT - 84.3 QBR

That's actually not awful when you consider their bad line and bad run game. This is an option that I could see a little potential in.

I actually think cutler's a decent upgrade talent wise, but he's old, looks like he smokes at least a pack a day, and just coming off shoulder surgery. He hasn't been durable and the jets OL is a mess. 1 year guaranteed is the most I'd offer

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Oh for ****s sake.  Literally everyone wants them to do exactly what you've been menstruating about them doing, and the fans allowing them to do, for the past two years.

Don't deplete draft resources on a QB that isn't the future of the team and don't sign expensive stop gap veterans.

The proper rebuild, and now, when rumors swirl, people are opposed to those rumors, and now everyone wants them to do the wrong thing?  Make up your mind.

The media wants them to do it. 

They are goading fans into reacting. It is a horrible piece of not doing your job

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Your trading a top 5 3-4 DE for an unwanted future journeyman backup QB, and a 4th seriously?

For me it's 2nd round pick for Sheldon, or keep him move him back to 3-4 DE let him beast, get 3rd round comp pick for him in 2018 draft.

2018 3rd round comp pick, and a year of Richardson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Semian, and 2017 late 4th rounder!

Fair point. I am just of the opinion that Sheldon needs to go by any means necessary. Third round compensatory pick is fine with me.

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Semian's number last year playing behind a bad offensive line and rushing attack.....

18 TD - 10 INT - 84.3 QBR

That's actually not awful when you consider their bad line and bad run game. This is an option that I could see a little potential in.

Also paired with the best defense in the league and a coaching staff with a clue.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But they're not connected. Rich Kotite has no connection with todd Bowles.

Fans don't seem to understand that whatever happened in the 90s does not affect today

Right. Just like fans complaining has no connection with the fact that Rich Kotite and Todd Bowles are both dumbasses. So change your diaper, take a deep breath, and get back to pre-justifying every stupid ass move this regime makes.

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

How many super bowl rings do you think the Jets would have if people were less mean on the internet?

22 minutes ago, PepPep said:

How do you figure. I mean, seriously. FA is not over and the draft has yet to happen. But you automatically assume we will win no more than 4 games. How do you come up with that number? Why do people just throw out those kinds of statements. I truly do not understand. 

So you are telling me if the Jets trade for Cousins and have a great draft, sign some vets to fill holes, they will not win more than 4 games??? They will not, lets say, win 6 game??? 6 games is out of the question. 

Explain. 

Well I'd argue, but history shows every time the fan base thinks the team is on the path of a max 4 win dumpster fire season post Kotite they when 8+ games out of nowhere.

97 Jets

06 Jets

09 Jets

12 Jets

15 Jets

9 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Cutler seems to want the Jets to be interested in him since he is interested in them, how cute!

Cutler is the perfect choice.  

Cutler is a QB with a poor attitude who will not help groom our younger QBs and will through his presence alone help foster greater division on the team.

The crew that was knocking those of us looking for an upgrade will love this.....

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Right. Just like fans complaining has no connection with the fact that Rich Kotite and Todd Bowles are both dumbasses. So change your diaper, take a deep breath, and get back to pre-justifying every stupid ass move this regime makes.

If you think the regime is stupid, then WTF are you doing here? If you don't buy in, why are you here? Because you want to sit back and watch the house fall down?

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Well I'd argue, but history shows every time the fan base thinks the team is on the path of a max 4 win dumpster fire season post Kotite they when 8+ games out of nowhere.

97 Jets

06 Jets

09 Jets

12 Jets

15 Jets

Then we buy into the hype and play real NFL schedule the year after and get smacked right back to reality .

The season of "misinformation is in full swing!!!  The one thing I don't want to see from Maccagnan this

off-season is trading away ANY picks.  We need to be obtaining more not giving them away for anybody

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If you think the regime is stupid, then WTF are you doing here? If you don't buy in, why are you here? Because you want to sit back and watch the house fall down?

Sounds like you haven't changed that diaper yet. Come back when you're ready.

One could ask the same thing about the guy who sits around and criticizes Jets fans, yet is one of the most active posters on a website which solely exists for Jets fans to communicate with one another.

Archived