Jump to content
C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Recommended Posts

Just now, Lupz27 said:

I also have a realistic side of my thought process thou, and the most realistic outcome is the Jets are scrambling for an answer at QB again this time next season.

It's early, but there are two prospects who project to be better than any of the QBs in the current draft, so being in this position next year, possibly with an even better pick, is actually a good thing for this team.  Perhaps not as good as Hackenberg shocking us all, but certainly more realistic.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gEYno said:

It's early, but there are two prospects who project to be better than any of the QBs in the current draft, so being in this position next year, possibly with an even better pick, is actually a good thing for this team.  Perhaps not as good as Hackenberg shocking us all, but certainly more realistic.

Everyone and their mother is on this Darnold train, but I think I prefer the Rosen bus .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tinstar said:

Everyone and their mother is on this Darnold train, but I think I prefer the Rosen bus .

Either one would be the best QB prospect we've drafted since I've been a fan.  The best thing for this franchise would be to finish bottom two next year.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Either one would be the best QB prospect we've drafted since I've been a fan.  The best thing for this franchise would be to finish bottom two next year.

 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Everyone and their mother is on this Darnold train, but I think I prefer the Rosen bus .

I'd be lying if I said I'd be perfectly fine with either, a little part of me would die if we miss Darnold by 1 pick.  Hopefully Rosen is as good as some think if that is the case thou, and I'd learn to live with missing out on Darnold if we're talking the difference between Big Ben, and Eli.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd point out that our waterboy just got rebuffed by Brian Hoyer. 

yes because Hoyer was butt hurt when Macc offered him what he was really worth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of people are waiting for the Jets to make some crazy, random, indefensible, ridiculous FA move because that's what history says should be going on... But I just don't think it's happening... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd point out that our waterboy just got rebuffed by Brian Hoyer. 

Hoyer never came form Penn state did he?  :ph34r:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL stunner: Texans trade QB Brock Osweiler AND a 2018 second-round pick to Cleveland for the Browns to take Osweiler’s $16M salary of Houston’s books, per league sources. The move clears out millions in salary-cap space for Houston to intensify efforts to sign former Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, per sources. To be exact, Houston saves $16 million in cash and $10 million against their cap this season. The Texans also will get the Browns’ fourth-round pick this year in exchange for their own 6th-round pick. So Cleveland gets Osweiler’s contract, a 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick, and Houston gets Cleveland’s 2017 fourth-round pick, saves $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash. Cleveland is not committed to keeping Osweiler and is likely to try to trade him, per sources. If so, it would turn into a basketball-like trade in which NBA teams routinely trade contracts to get them off their books; only it rarely, if ever, happens in the NFL. It’s hard to remember in the salary-cap era another team when a team traded a contract to get it off its books. But Houston was so anxious to rid itself of Osweiler and move on to its next quarterbacking chapter that it is giving Cleveland extra picks to take him and his contract. The Browns headed into this free-agent signing period with over $100 million worth of salary-cap space and would struggle to spend it all. Now they can devote some of it to Osweiler’s contract and acquiring extra draft picks from Houston. But this is one of the most, if not the most, creative trade in NFL history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Stunner: Texans trade Brock Osweiler AND 2018 2nd-rd pick to CLEV for Browns to take Osweiler contract off Houston books, sources tell ESPN.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL  O'Brien the Qb guru on his 12th Qb in the last 12 seasons.  I'd like to go back to last off season and weed out all the people that wanted to sign Oswiler.

That should be a firing offense for the Houston GM and or coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Stunner: Texans trade Brock Osweiler AND 2018 2nd-rd pick to CLEV for Browns to take Osweiler contract off Houston books, sources tell ESPN.

Nice move for the Browns. They have tons of space. Can afford to absorb some bad contracts and take picks back in return. They have no intentions of keeping Oswieler

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL Houston just paid Cleveland to take Osweiler's from them.  LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Life said:

Nice move for the Browns. They have tons of space. Can afford to absorb some bad contracts and take picks back in return. They have no intentions of keeping Oswieler

Really smart move by the Browns.

Even better if they can flip him again for an extra 3rd or so.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

Nice move for the Browns. They have tons of space. Can afford to absorb some bad contracts and take picks back in return. They have no intentions of keeping Oswieler

What are they going to do with him?  They'll just have to cut him and take the cap hit.  No team is going to want anything to do with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gEYno said:

Really smart move by the Browns.

It is. They just turned a 4th round pick into a second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gEYno said:

Really smart move by the Browns.

Even better if they can flip him again for an extra 3rd or so.

No one and I mean no one is trading for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

What are they going to do with him?  They'll just have to cut him and take the cap hit.  No team is going to want anything to do with him.

Even if they have to take the hit they have like 100M in cap and they suck anyway. They get a 2nd round pick just for having extra money. That money would have just sat there anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Life said:

Even if they have to take the hit they have like 100M in cap and they suck anyway. They get a 2nd round pick just for having extra money. That money would have just sat there anyway

Yeah, I don;t mind the move from the Browns point of view at all but they are not getting anything from a another team for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Stunner: Texans trade Brock Osweiler AND 2018 2nd-rd pick to CLEV for Browns to take Osweiler contract off Houston books, sources tell ESPN.

Man wish the Jets did this, you can cut Brock after this season with little to no cap hit, and get a free 2nd rounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

Yeah, I don;t mind the move from the Browns point of view at all but they are not getting anything from a another team for him

Yeah I agree. Cap space for a 2nd round pick move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Romo to Houston in....

 

3.....

2.....

1

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL  O'Brien the Qb guru on his 12th Qb in the last 12 seasons.  I'd like to go back to last off season and weed out all the people that wanted to sign Oswiler.

That should be a firing offense for the Houston GM and or coach.

All on the GM...that's why O'brien was threatening to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man wish the Jets did this, you can cut Brock after this season with little to no cap hit, and get a free 2nd rounder.

Yup.  But would that would require a GM who actually had some skills.  Mcc does not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man wish the Jets did this, you can cut Brock after this season with little to no cap hit, and get a free 2nd rounder.

Probably too expensive for the Jets to hold this season.  We've got like 30M to the Browns 100M right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if this is posted, but looks like DeSean Jackson to the Bucs.  Good move for them, I'd think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I think giving up a draft pick for Trevor Simian would be bad.

Agree, but giving up Sheldon AND getting  a pick back would work for me (at least 3rd or 4th rounder)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Francesa ripping the trade, saying he would rather have the money for known commodities than the picks for unknown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Jets will take "a long look" at free agent Jay Cutler if they're unable to work out a trade for Trevor Siemian.

Per Mortensen, the Jets are hoping to land Siemian in a trade with Denver but would pivot to Cutler if that proves too difficult. Cutler may still have something left in the tank, but his options will be limited, especially now that Buffalo and San Francisco are no longer pursuing starting quarterbacks.
 
Mar 9 - 2:14 PM
Trevor Siemian - QB -  Broncos

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Jets hope to trade for Broncos QB Trevor Siemian.

It will likely depend on whether the Broncos can land Tony Romo. Per Mort, free agent Jay Cutler is the Jets' backup plan if they can't get Siemian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...