NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

Just now, Dcat said:

you should consider it.  Getting upset about not overpaying for mediocre talent is silly.  Buoye?  $14 million/season with $26 million guuaranteed???? .  He wasn't even a starter for his first 3 years until injuries forced them to start him last season.  He got a lot of change for a one year flurry at the position.  Maybe he's good, maybe it was a one-year fluke, but you don't risk a lot of guaranteed money and $14 million when the draft is loaded with prospects.  

It's all in good fun Dcat, take it easy over there

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Wow

According to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, Jacksonville is signing former Texans cornerback A.J. Bouye to a five-year, $67.5 million deal. The contract is set to pay Bouye $44 million over the first three years.

$26 million guaranteed for a guy who couldn't get into the starting lineup for 4 years until injuries forced the Texans to start him.  

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well they resigned Ijalana so they can "say" the spot is filled. Other than that. Draft

If any front office worker at any capacity says that spot is filled, even in the technical sense, they should be fired on the spot...and after they get Macc a cup of coffee. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

It just seems that every position in the NFL has become overpriced. 

lol I said this a month ago .. to get good NFL players you have to overpay .. the scrubs are making decent money these days 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

NE says different. 

NE can sell Chasing Rings very few other teams can offer that . That's why players take pay cuts to go there . That being said look what they just gave Gilmore 40 mill guaranteed 

Okay so pretty much what all this craziness is showing me is that you need to be working with at least what?  60?  65 million in cap space to have a shot to get any big name free agent.  What is up with the money being thrown at these guys?  It doesn't give teams with low to average cap space any shot in signing these guys.  On top of that, it sets a ridiculous bar as to how much these other free agents are going to be expecting to get moving forward.

Okung to the Chargers is nice to see. If the Jets must suck then I will pretend to really hope the Rivers gets his day. With Bosa they have finally found an edge rusher, already have a badass passer, and now the rest should be easy peasy. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Okung to the Chargers is nice to see. If the Jets must suck then I will pretend to really hope the Rivers gets his day. With Bosa they have finally found an edge rusher, already have a badass passer, and now the rest should be easy peasy. 

How about we send them a pick to take Wilkerson and his contract off our hands?

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL  O'Brien the Qb guru on his 12th Qb in the last 12 seasons.  I'd like to go back to last off season and weed out all the people that wanted to sign Oswiler.

That should be a firing offense for the Houston GM and or coach.

What a GREAT trade for Cleveland.  You get a QB to place hold for a year if you like, or you can just trade him/release him AND you get multiple picks?  WOW

Archived