C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's amazing to me that the Oakland Raiders were able to rebuild properly and the Jets are not being allowed to by everybody. Instead we have people openly wishing for people to lose their jobs and media members goading fans into reacting to rumors.

would be nice if we had a qb as good as carr

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's amazing to me that the Oakland Raiders were able to rebuild properly and the Jets are not being allowed to by everybody. Instead we have people openly wishing for people to lose their jobs and media members goading fans into reacting to rumors.

They drafted Derek Carr in the second round. We drafted Christian Hackenberg and are currently begging John Elway to trade us Trevor ******* Simien.

• Upvote 1

Russell Okung is staying in the AFC West.

Two weeks after the Broncos declined Okung's 2017 option, the veteran left tackle agreed to terms with the Chargers on a four-year, $53 million contract with $13.25 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the deal.

Best 101 free agents left (Updated)   Harrison: Romo landing spots   Debate: Alshon's best team fits   Top 16 free agents from '16   Wesseling: Jets need reality check   Free Agency: Who will spend the most?   Schein: Best 30-plus free agents   Overpriced free agents | Best Bargains   2017 Combine: Overall winners and losers
The Bolts edged out the Vikings, who were also courting Okung to join freshly signed Riley Reiff.

Okung took advantage of a weak tackle market to revive his value after a disappointing one-year Broncos stint that featured too many penalties and QB pressures. The 2010 first-round pick has started 88 of a possible 112 games in Seattle and Denver over seven NFL seasons.

Ranked No. 46 on Around The NFL's list of the Top 100 free agents, Okung figures to take over at left tackle in Los Angeles, kicking King Dunlap to the right side as D.J. Fluker's replacement.

If the offensive line stays healthy -- a huge "if" -- the Chargers have the talent to surprise as a playoff contender in their first Los Angeles season since 1960

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They drafted Derek Carr in the second round. We drafted Christian Hackenberg and are currently begging John Elway to trade us Trevor ******* Simien.

Yes that Super Star Safety we drafted looks better by the minute.  

#ThanksIdzik!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Reggie McKenzie was there for 4 years before drafting Carr.

So how was he able to stay afloat those 4 years?

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So a bunch of jet heads on this board is not allowing a hundred million dollar franchise from doing something?

hahahaha.

news flash.  No one in florham park gives a flying f$#k what us idiot jet fans think.

Get over yourself.  

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Almost every Raider fan and their beat writers were calling for Reggie Mckenize to be fired at some point.     Made some very questionable decisions at Qb( trading Carson Palmer- more a salary dump , Matt Flynn, Matt Leinart , Matt Schaub ) . 

Reggie Mckenize made some free agent mistakes but always gave himself and out without taking a cap hit.( easy to get rid of players who didn't work out.

Mark Davis deserves a lot of the credit for having the patience and confidence in Reggie Mckenize to eventually turn it around.    It would have been so easy to give in to the pressure from the fans and the media. 

• Upvote 1

trevor simenniean? nope. smoking jay. nope even thought it would be hiilarious.  mccaron? Nah. watsonn? hell yea all day. if we do actually want a vet i perfer foles but i still want watson 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

trevor simenniean? nope. smoking jay. nope even thought it would be hiilarious.  mccaron? Nah. watsonn? hell yea all day. if we do actually want a vet i perfer foles but i still want watson 

I agree.  Take watson at 6 and see what hes got.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I wasn't expecting to be involved with day 1 expensive players but dang this is a still a  bummer

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I wasn't expecting to be involved with day 1 expensive players but dang this is a still a  bummer

It would've been nice to check off a need in the secondary today. We've got a huge weakness there.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

It's been Jax, Browns, Bears and Bills all making noise.

I'm not sweating it. Won't change much. That Browns OL is nice though.

• Upvote 1

It just seems that every position in the NFL has become overpriced. 

I don't think you grasp how markets work. this is the equivalent of "in my day, a movie cost a quarter".

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's been Jax, Browns, Bears and Bills all making noise.

I'm not sweating it. Won't change much. That Browns OL is nice though.

That checks off 3 of the 5 teams who sucked worse then the Jets this year, so just gotta be worse then the Rams, and 49ers, BUT Rams have Goff , and 49ers will most likely land Cousins next offseason in FA at the latest, so if one of those 2 teams are picking 1st the Jets can do what is necessary, and trade whatever it takes to get up to 1 next draft if they can't get there on their own.

2 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

OLB Josh Martin is re-signing w/ the NY Jets for 2 years $4.3M, per source.

It's great that this team is resigning it's young core that it found in free agency and not signing big ticket old band  aids anymore .  Loving it . Lesson learned .

• Upvote 3

Mike Klis (@MikeKlis)

3/9/17, 6:11 PM

Industry sources believe Chargers may have tampered with Russel Okung who was not supposed to negotiate till 2pm Thursday. #9sports

After Chiefs forfeited pick for tampering with Jeremy Maclin, would not be surprised in NFL looks into Chargers-Okung. #9sports

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

It's great that this team is resigning it's young core that it found in free agency and not signing big ticket old band  aids anymore .  Loving it . Lesson learned .

Plus it was a good underrated signing. Easily our best ST player. People often forget that phase of the game is important too

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

With the lack of free agent activity, has the team finally committed to finding out about who can and can't play?

• Upvote 3

I don't think you grasp how markets work. this is the equivalent of "in my day, a movie cost a quarter".

or, to put it another way, if "everything" is overpriced, then you need to adjust your conception of what constitutes an appropriate price level

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Mike Klis (@MikeKlis)

3/9/17, 6:11 PM

Industry sources believe Chargers may have tampered with Russel Okung who was not supposed to negotiate till 2pm Thursday. #9sports

After Chiefs forfeited pick for tampering with Jeremy Maclin, would not be surprised in NFL looks into Chargers-Okung. #9sports

They should use the Geno reasoning that it was a time zone problem.:D

• Upvote 2

The best news of the free agency period is that all of the teams above us are making big moves to try and improve. IF (big if) the quarterbacks next season are as good as they are said to be, we haven't invested a dime in QB and may be in a prime position to get one if Hackenberg cannot cut it.

• Upvote 1

so any good o lineman or secondary still available ? looking at all these contracts im ok with not spending on a lot of these guys. maybe macc is playing the long game here. 

8 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

so any good o lineman or secondary still available ? looking at all these contracts im ok with not spending on a lot of these guys. maybe macc is playing the long game here. 

I don't think there were many good OTs available, matt kalil for 55M no thanks

3 hours ago, Colgateman said:

The smart thing for the Jets to do would be sit, wait, and build through the draft with YOUNG and CHEAP players.

gettyimages-619140078.jpg?quality=65&str

The way things are shaping up I would love to draft this guy and see what he can do. I doubt he will be there though but I can hope. For some reason the more I see of him the more I like him.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Somebody in the Chargers organization knows how to draft big nasty players, but other than that they can be most dysfunctional than the Jets.

37 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The way things are shaping up I would love to draft this guy and see what he can do. I doubt he will be there though but I can hope. For some reason the more I see of him the more I like him.

Either him or Trubisky (or both) will be there at #6. I doubt the Browns take a QB #1 overall, and the Bears are almost certainly not taking a QB now. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Either him or Trubisky (or both) will be there at #6. I doubt the Browns take a QB #1 overall, and the Bears are almost certainly not taking a QB now. 

I'm in "Suck for Sam" mode, but I wouldn't complain if we took a QB like Watson or Trubisky in the first round or a Mahomes in the 2nd. I don't think any of those guys are 1st round worthy, but you have to find a franchise QB at some point. Maybe we get lucky. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The problem with the Jets drafting one of these guys is that there are no day one starters.  Trubisky is a one year starter at NC.  Not necessarily a juggernaut football powerhouse.  Nor their schedule.  Watson may be better but with have to adjust to the NFL game.  Neither of these players should be anywhere near the field in year one.  Let alone on a team where your current starting tackles are Ijalana and Shell.

A team with plans to draft one of these guys should already have a starter in place.  A veteran that can mentor and educate.  Someone like the complete opposite of Jay Cutler.

Everyone has any opinion on whether or not to tank.  IMO, with all the players the Jets were "linked" to, I don't think the Front Office and HC want any part of that.  But, as circumstances would dictate, we will be in the running for the top pick whether we want to or not.  

If we don't sign a LT that could "compete" with Ijilana, I'd have to assume that we are targeting a first round OT. 

Its not a great class, but we're in position to take the best of what's available.

#properrebuild