NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

7 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Jets are supposedly one of several teams after Raiders fourth Wr Andre Holmes.      Very good special teamer , but very limited Wr with questionable hands.

Did you just copy and paste this from 5 years ago and just crossed out Chaz Schilens and replaced it with Andre Holmes?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Nope.  Had to use google.  Unfortunately, the dictionary I used didnt explain how a team acquires a player who's been franchised by another team. 

You figure this mystery out yet, Corky?

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Over Dee Milliner? Kyle Wilson?

I'm not a big Pryor fan at all. But I'd take him over Milliner who couldn't get on the field due to injuries and poor play and Kyle Wilson who was atrocious for us.

Agreed but just barely.  All three of these guy are a huge letdown.  

4 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Jets had just that type of TE in BECHT and he was vertually run out of town by fans. Guess the old saying you don't know what you have till its gone applies here.

Becht was like 20 years ago. The Jets sucked then too 

18 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Am I the only one who thinks ASJ can be a successful starting Tight End? Dude can block and has solid hands. He was Winstons go to guy until he got hurt

It wasn't an injury that derailed him. If we don't get s TE in this draft class, this years version of WR class s couple years ago, then Mac failed.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It wasn't an injury that derailed him. If we don't get s TE in this draft class, this years version of WR class s couple years ago, then Mac failed.

Ah i thought I remembered him getting hurt in 2015 when he was off to a hot start. Looked up and I'm wrong, sucks we have had 2 2nd round picks from the same draft who can't put it together

26 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Am I the only one who thinks ASJ can be a successful starting Tight End? Dude can block and has solid hands. He was Winstons go to guy until he got hurt

That's his problem. He's always hurt.  

47 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Not at all. He's a character gamble for sure but if he stays from trouble I believe he can be a solid TE. He doesn't have to be Pro Bowl, just another solid target who can block and contribute.

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

We won in 2015. And now we have no cap space for big splashy moves. I still wouldn't put it past Macc to create some cap room and smoke it in a heartbeat. 

We have 33 million in CAP space, wtf are you talking about?  Have you lived under a rock the last two weeks?

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Where do you get your information from?

ASJ was an unprofessional multi-offending punk, that couldn't learn the playbook, and the Bucs had enough of his crap.

Just now, RoadFan said:

Where do you get your information from?

ASJ was an unprofessional multi-offending punk, that couldn't learn the playbook, and the Bucs had enough of his crap.

I responded below that, mistook him for someone else who got hurt on that squad early.. relax

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Becht was like 20 years ago. The Jets sucked then too 

Becht last played for the Jets in 2004 was drafted in 2000. Played another 7 years in the league 12 seasons and played all 16 games in 10 of those. May not have had the receiving numbers many would have liked, but to play that many games in 10 of 12 seasons tell me he had more than an average career.

6 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Becht last played for the Jets in 2004 was drafted in 2000. Played another 7 years in the league 12 seasons and played all 16 games in 10 of those. May not have had the receiving numbers many would have liked, but to play that many games in 10 of 12 seasons tell me he had more than an average career.

But he ALWaYS DROPPED THE DAMN BALL AT THE MOST CRUCIAL TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry:

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

But he ALWaYS DROPPED THE DAMN BALL AT THE MOST CRUCIAL TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry:

Not always but many. 2003 was his best receiving season 40 I believe but that was not a big part of his game. Was thought of by many as one of if not the best blocking TE in the league for most his career.

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Ah i thought I remembered him getting hurt in 2015 when he was off to a hot start. Looked up and I'm wrong, sucks we have had 2 2nd round picks from the same draft who can't put it together

He is going to turn it around....grow up and catch 50 passes next season....don't u worry.....

PFT's Mike Florio reports "the current thinking" among those associated with free agent Darrelle Revis is that he'd want $8 million-plus to consider playing in 2017.

Revis is guaranteed $6 million this year from the Jets no matter what, so playing for anything less would mean he'd be playing for free due to offset language. An $8 million salary would essentially be $2 million in Revis' eyes. He hasn't drawn an ounce of interest since being cut a week ago. There's a very real possibility the 32-year-old (in July) sit out 2017, and possibly for good.

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PFT's Mike Florio reports "the current thinking" among those associated with free agent Darrelle Revis is that he'd want $8 million-plus to consider playing in 2017.

Revis is guaranteed $6 million this year from the Jets no matter what, so playing for anything less would mean he'd be playing for free due to offset language. An $8 million salary would essentially be $2 million in Revis' eyes. He hasn't drawn an ounce of interest since being cut a week ago. There's a very real possibility the 32-year-old (in July) sit out 2017, and possibly for good.

If I understand correctly, we are on the hook for the first $6 million of any salary he receives. If so, someone will certainly give him a new jersey to wear on Sundays. 

14 minutes ago, pointman said:

If I understand correctly, we are on the hook for the first $6 million of any salary he receives. If so, someone will certainly give him a new jersey to wear on Sundays. 

Not exactly, whatever he gets from another team is subtracted (offset) from the 6mill the jets owe him. So unless he gets paid more than 6mill by another team    he would make the same money whether he sits at home or plays. He might retire.

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

I think the kid has the physical ability to be very good at the position.  Secretly hoping that he will surprise most people.  Still, he needs someone to get him the ball. 

edit:and he needs to continue not being a f.k up off the field. So far, so good with that. 

As much as I'll receive flak for this, I think this needs to be a Idzik off season (until the draft, god almighty) so we can actually look for value instead of name. There is no point in spending all the money for a mediocre team if you can't get value. Sure up the offensive line, extend Enunwa and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As much as I'll receive flak for this, I think this needs to be a Idzik off season (until the draft, god almighty) so we can actually look for value instead of name. There is no point in spending all the money for a mediocre team if you can't get value. Sure up the offensive line, extend Enunwa and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We should only be in the secondary FA market. Come Thursday, I don't even want to hear about the Jets interested in any of the top flight free agents, or fraud agents as someone calls them here. 2018 is the time for a couple of stud FAs, when we have literally zero dead cap money from Fitz, Revis & Forte. 

Other than Marshall, the Jets haven't lost anyone they can't replace. Getting Decker back will be a plus & they won't have Brandon in the huddle telling Fitz he's open on every play. Say the Jets draft Fournette? Decker, Enunwa, ASJ, Anderson, Smith, Peake, that's plenty of offense to play a little smash mouth, play action football. 

16 hours ago, JiF said:

Nope.  Had to use google.  Unfortunately, the dictionary I used didnt explain how a team acquires a player who's been franchised by another team. 

rumor is the redskins will get SF's 2, 3, and another pick for Cousins and picks

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

A 32 year old CB's career is over and I'm supposed to consider him an all time great?

please. 

43 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

rumor is the redskins will get SF's 2, 3, and another pick for Cousins and picks

Sounds like robbery to me, unless that "another pick" is a first somewhere

56 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

By 2 do you mean overall pick #2, or a 2nd rounder?

Because there is no chance the Skins move Cousins for a 2nd round pick and some toss in.

ESPN this morning was all but guaranteeing that if the deal got done, it would be for the #2 overall pick and then some.

Archived