NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Does it bother you that The Carolina Panthers can trade a player with half the talent of Sheldon Richardson but we can't trade Richardson for a stale bag of peanuts  ? 

yeah... if only Sheldon wasn't a step away from a full year suspension.  If only he wasn't a loud mouth locker room instigator....  then other teams might actually value him up to his talent level.

16 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Does it bother you that The Carolina Panthers can trade a player with half the talent of Sheldon Richardson but we can't trade Richardson for a stale bag of peanuts  ? 

Only if I lived in a vacuum.  

Pretty obvious what the differences are between the two players.

17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This represents the Jets fan that is not aware of the fact that we are reguildinand whatever the Pata do now has no impact on us.

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

The last viewpoint our GM should listen to is THIS kind of viewpoint.

Talk about not getting it.

17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's amazing that there many fans on Twitter and here that don't get what's going on

17 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, the jets should be  trading away draft picks for wide receivers and signing aging vets. That's the way to a proper rebuild!

#SOJFlogic

Exactly the mentality which explains why our fan base accepts a front office/ownership which has been mired in sub-mediocrity and incompetence for decades.  Guess some folks enjoy watching other teams improve while we can't find a QB, TE, pass rusher for what seems like an eternity.  

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Exactly the mentality which explains why our fan base accepts a front office/ownership which has been mired in sub-mediocrity and incompetence for decades.  

Because we fans have alot of control, amirite?

Tell us Much, what are YOU doing to "not accept" our franchise this year?  Apart from hot air on a forum, of course?

Guess some folks enjoy watching other teams improve while we can't find a QB, TE, pass rusher for what seems like an eternity.  

I enjoy watching and rooting for my team, every game, every year, good or bad.

If you don't enjoy it, perhaps the issue is why you keep watching a team you so clearly loathe?

The Jets aren't a drug and we're not addicts here.  I am sure the Giants would be happy to have you as a fan, and they're widely considered one of the best run franchises in the NFL.  

So what's stopping you?

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Exactly the mentality which explains why our fan base accepts a front office/ownership which has been mired in sub-mediocrity and incompetence for decades.  Guess some folks enjoy watching other teams improve while we can't find a QB, TE, pass rusher for what seems like an eternity.  

Because we have the power to get rid of them?

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Because we fans have alot of control, amirite?

Tell us Much, what are YOU doing to "not accept" our franchise this year?  Apart from hot air on a forum, of course?

I enjoy watching and rooting for my team, every game, every year, good or bad.

If you don't enjoy it, perhaps the issue is why you keep watching a team you so clearly loathe?

The Jets aren't a drug and we're not addicts here.  I am sure the Giants would be happy to have you as a fan, and they're widely considered one of the best run franchises in the NFL.  

So what's stopping you?

How does my initial post about our GM/front office devolve into me disavowing my love for the team and going over to the Vagiants?  All I did was comment on how our GM seems to be asleep while other teams like the Pats keep getting better.   How they can pull off deals but we're mired in quicksand.  

I've been attending games and otherwise watching on TV since the mid-1960s.  After a while, SOJFs like me tire of the "Hess knows what he's doing", "Gutman is an ace", "Steinberg will right the ship with his expertise", "Trust in Tanny", "Trust in Coslet", "Trust in Rex", "We got lucky to find a team as skillful as Bowles and Mcc" chants.  Doesn't change my love for the team.  Just makes me more apt to quaff more booze and pop a Zoloft or two.

55 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because we have the power to get rid of them?

Last I checked, this is a message board where we vent and/or share our opinions about the team.   

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

You're. It going to accept ownership?

And the answer to all your pain would be to nab a second tier WR?

lol

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How does my initial post about our GM/front office devolve into me disavowing my love for the team and going over to the Vagiants?  All I did was comment on how our GM seems to be asleep while other teams like the Pats keep getting better.   How they can pull off deals but we're mired in quicksand.  

I've been attending games and otherwise watching on TV since the mid-1960s.  After a while, SOJFs like me tire of the "Hess knows what he's doing", "Gutman is an ace", "Steinberg will right the ship with his expertise", "Trust in Tanny", "Trust in Coslet", "Trust in Rex", "We got lucky to find a team as skillful as Bowles and Mcc" chants.  Doesn't change my love for the team.  Just makes me more apt to quaff more booze and pop a Zoloft or two.

Last I checked, this is a message board where we vent and/or share our opinions about the team.   

Like SAR stated before, the Jets have been pretty successful without a franchise QB. Not many other teams got to championship games like the Jets have. There is a reason why Brady, Big Ben & Manning have owned the AFC for the last 16 years. It's not surprising based on no QB & Free Agency buys that we experience a few good years & can have no true consistancy.

26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Like SAR stated before, the Jets have been pretty successful without a franchise QB. Not many other teams got to championship games like the Jets have. There is a reason why Brady, Big Ben & Manning have owned the AFC for the last 16 years. It's not surprising based on no QB & Free Agency buys that we experience a few good years & can have no true consistancy.

Pretty successful?  Where was I. 

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

So your solution to mediocrity is to pay big money to some vets so we can go 8-8 next year and guarantee us zero chance at a Franchise qb?? Brilliant

Actually, it's your mentality that forces the front office to constantly make moves to be "competitive" during a rebuild thereby guaranteeing a failed rebuild. You don't rebuild by trying to win now. That's the opposite of a rebuild. 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jets and Pats appear to be leading the pack to sign LB Dont'a Hightower but several others monitoring closely as well

I'll believe it when I see an official signing announcement. Otherwise I see it as his agent trying to drive his price up. He'll stay in NE. Hopefully Im wrong. 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I'll believe it when I see an official signing announcement. Otherwise I see it as his agent trying to drive his price up. He'll stay in NE. Hopefully Im wrong. 

NE has a way of trading high profile players like Hightower sooner or later maybe he sees the writing on the wall if he can garner a long term deal here in NY he knows he's here to stay. 

According to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, the Texans decided to move on from Brock Osweiler following a halftime altercation with coach Bill O'Brien in Week 17.

Osweiler's tiff with O'Brien had been mentioned in passing, but apparently it was the deciding factor in Houston's decision to find a new quarterback. Tom Savage started against the Titans in Week 17 but was ruled out in the second quarter after suffering a concussion. Osweiler lashed out at O'Brien after he was told that he'd be finishing the game, ripping O'Brien for using him only because he had to. As the conflict escalated, Osweiler accused O'Brien of holding him hostage after O'Brien blocked him from walking away. Eventually the two had to be separated. It's common for stories to leak out like this after a messy divorce, but clearly Osweiler was never right for Houston.

The MMQB's Albert Breer reports "at least one team" involved in talks with free agent Dont'a Hightower is convinced he'll return to the Patriots.

Hightower's market has been slow to develop, with only loose reports linking him to the Titans and Browns. Hightower's injury history is also a concern. It sounds like he could end up back in Foxboro on a team-friendly contract.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

At the end of the day, it's easier to get rid of the fans (move) than get rid of the owner

At the end of the day, I can't stand that phrase. I remember seeing an interview with Kris Jenkins, he said it in almost every sentence, drove me freaking crazy. Speak English & stop using unnecessary fillers. It's like saying basically.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

At the end of the day, I can't stand that phrase. I remember seeing an interview with Kris Jenkins, he said it in almost every sentence, drove me freaking crazy. Speak English & stop using unnecessary fillers. It's like saying basically.

Basically Mcc says it alot too. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets should sign Hightower he would add some substance and identity to our weak LB corps. 

I didn't think we had a chance & still don't but would be pleasantly surprised & pretty pumped about our future LBing core. Good young speed & strength with Hightower/Jenkins. Maybe Kevin Green can save Mauldins career.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I didn't think we had a chance & still don't but would be pleasantly surprised & pretty pumped about our future LBing core. Good young speed & strength with Hightower/Jenkins. Maybe Kevin Green can save Mauldins career.

Hopefully something can save Mauldin's career the kid was a promising LBer up until last season he took the year off. 

I like Hightower. And like most, would be very surprised if he left the Pats.

Having said that, it wouldn't be the end of the world if the Jets didn't get him and I would not want to sign him at some ridiculous price tag.

Wouldn't mind Minter if that is still an option...

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

At the end of the day, it's easier to get rid of the fans (move) than get rid of the owner

Not that easy to get rid of fans, either.  We've all been trying to get rid of you, without any success.

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So basically, at the end of the day you basically don't like listening to any interviews...at the end of the day. 

So I've also noticed that lately everyone is beginning their sentences with "So". That's getting pretty annoying too. It used to be "I mean", now it's "So". 

Archived