NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully something can save Mauldin's career the kid was a promising LBer up until last season he took the year off. 

What?  He was playing well until his ankle injury to finish his season. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Methinks this is Hightower's agent also trying to get more money from NE. But it makes sense for the Jets

Agreed. When was the last time the jets actually signed a guy they've been linked to? Seems most of their signings are kept hush hush until the ink is dried

Hightower is a good yin to Darron Lee's yang.  

He is 265 pounds.  Moves pretty well for that.

The Pats may believe his position and weight are such not to warrant a long term contract.   I think they got burned with Mayo's.  They will look to draft a replacement (do they have any picks left?).

Just now, varjet said:

Hightower is a good yin to Darron Lee's yang.  

He is 265 pounds.  Moves pretty well for that.

The Pats may believe his position and weight are such not to warrant a long term contract.   I think they got burned with Mayo's.  They will look to draft a replacement (do they have any picks left?).

They will surely find the next NFL great LB in the 5th round. 

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Patriots have actually invested high picks on ILBs who can over-Collins, Mayo, Hightower.  They invest in those positions and OL.  

They draft CBs and WRs low (if at all).  

Not true, they try to draft those positions early too they just fail miserably at it. Dobson, Jackson.. etc.

We have to offer waaaay more than the Pats to get him to sign. I'm sure he's loving the Jets being involved to squeeze just a little more from the Pats. But not not much more...they don't seem to ever let the players have the upper hand in negotiations.

28 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Agreed. When was the last time the jets actually signed a guy they've been linked to? Seems most of their signings are kept hush hush until the ink is dried

Great, great point!  

44 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I like Hightower. And like most, would be very surprised if he left the Pats.

Having said that, it wouldn't be the end of the world if the Jets didn't get him and I would not want to sign him at some ridiculous price tag.

Wouldn't mind Minter if that is still an option...

I agree they should pass on hightower. But would be nice to drive up price for NE....

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

While its highly likely the Hightower stuff is agent talk, don't forget that usually when an agent or player tries to get more out of Belichick, they're told to take a hike. If the Jets have a real offer, it might actually fall in their lap.

Which would definitely be a good thing

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Because we fans have alot of control, amirite?

Tell us Much, what are YOU doing to "not accept" our franchise this year?  Apart from hot air on a forum, of course?

I enjoy watching and rooting for my team, every game, every year, good or bad.

If you don't enjoy it, perhaps the issue is why you keep watching a team you so clearly loathe?

The Jets aren't a drug and we're not addicts here.  I am sure the Giants would be happy to have you as a fan, and they're widely considered one of the best run franchises in the NFL.  

So what's stopping you?

Well said Sir, astonishing that it should even need pointing out but there you go

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ras-I- Dowling?

plus players like chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson, Cyrus Jones, Jordan Richards, Tavon Wilson, Ridley, Chung, Wheatley, eugene Wilson, Bethel Johnson, Tebucky Jones, Tony Simmons....

I mean these are all failed DB, WR and RB and thats not including the failed lineman and Tight ends...

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ras-I- Dowling?

Yes.  There have been a few.  

The better point is that the Patriots OL and ILB have been relatively high draft picks.  The particularly do not find ILB in the lower rounds.  

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I've been attending games and otherwise watching on TV since the mid-1960s.  After a while, SOJFs like me tire of the "Hess knows what he's doing", "Gutman is an ace", "Steinberg will right the ship with his expertise", "Trust in Tanny", "Trust in Coslet", "Trust in Rex", "We got lucky to find a team as skillful as Bowles and Mcc" chants.  Doesn't change my love for the team.  Just makes me more apt to quaff more booze and pop a Zoloft or two.

I'm sorry you're old and tired, but please do not presume you have some special form of unique fan-martyrdom the rest of us don't.  

I'll say it as clearly as I can, your being tired doesn't make your original post any less foolish.  If you do not understand where this Jets team is right now vs. where the Pats are right now, that's an intellectual failing on your part.  

We all want a winner.  Most of us can differentiate why the Jets and the Pats, today, are in different places with different abilities/desires to spend X on Y player.

Last I checked, this is a message board where we vent and/or share our opinions about the team.   

It is, which is what allows me to be critical of your opinions.  The freedom to comment goes both ways, you can whine, I can be critical of your whine purely for the content of that whine.

Just now, varjet said:

The better point is that the Patriots OL and ILB have been relatively high draft picks.  The particularly do not find ILB in the lower rounds.  

Look above... I listed alot of the Pats failed DBs, WRs, and RBs in the first two rounds

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Its a myth that they have drafted better then other teams, they actually just manage their team at an elite level which makes it seem like their drafts are far more successful.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I thought he signed with he Jaguars? 

24 minutes ago

NFL Notes: Calais Campbell, Jets, Patriots, Redskins

He did.  The article's headline is deceiving.   Mostly talks about jets and hightower with respect to jets context (and that Campbell took a while to agree with Jaguars and Broncos were pursuing).   The only interesting nugget is that the Broncos pursuing Campbell could result in some interest in Sheldon given position need and scheme fit.

Its a myth that they have drafted better then other teams, they actually just manage their team at an elite level which makes it seem like their drafts are far more successful.

No. what they do better than anyone else (except maybe Baltimore) is accumulate picks, via trade and comp picks, so they can miss as often as they do and still find many contributors

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

No. what they do better than anyone else (except maybe Baltimore) is accumulate picks, via trade and comp picks, so they can miss as often as they do and still find many contributors

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree, but they also trade players for picks too.  In essence that is exactly what I was saying but you just made it more about draft and I was just saying overall... Because they trade picks for players too. Like Cooks, Welker... Etc. Doesn't always work ala Chad Johnson and Hainsworth... but My point is they simply move pieces better then anyone. So in the end their drafts look better then they really were because their players are also on a short leash.

Archived