NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

3 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Its a myth that they have drafted better then other teams, they actually just manage their team at an elite level which makes it seem like their drafts are far more successful.

@varjet must have me blocked...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams are allowed to have 90 men on their roster before final cut-downs.  That means there is an upwards of roughly 2,880 players in the NFL.

Of the 2,880, only 1 of them has said, "[He] definitely wouldn't mind playing for the Jets."

-Kevin Minter

Why have we not signed this guy yet?!

7 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Teams are allowed to have 90 men on their roster before final cut-downs.  That means there is an upwards of roughly 2,880 players in the NFL.

Of the 2,880, only 1 of them has said, "[He] definitely wouldn't mind playing for the Jets."

-Kevin Minter

Why have we not signed this guy yet?!

Because the same guy (or his agent) has also said he'd love to finish his career in Arizona.

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The eagles just signed Foles to a 2 year contract.  I see Chase Daniel being traded here.

He was in New Orleans with John Morton so it does fit, It would depend on what we trade. If it's 5 or below, I think I could accept that. Then again, could be Sheldon

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He was in New Orleans with John Morton so it does fit, It would depend on what we trade. If it's 5 or below, I think I could accept that. Then again, could be Sheldon

Hopefully they get more than chase daniel for richardson but we will see...

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Hopefully they get more than chase daniel for richardson but we will see...

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would assume it would be a package

What else are the Eagles sending us then? Richardson for Daniels and who or what draft picks. 

Can't trade Richardson for nothing... and Chase Daniels is essentially nothing. Chase Daniels was is New Orleans, yes, but that doesn't really mean anything since they were running Payton's offense. 

We don't know what Morton's system will look like... It could be more like Harbaugh's. I hope we don't trade for Chase Daniels, I hope we don't trade for any QB.

12 hours ago, KRL said:

NE just guaranteed Gilmore $32 million over the next two years, that has to bother Hightower.

We may actually have a shot at stealing him

Why?  What's more valuable, a shut down corner or a guy who makes a couple of tackles a game? 

Tim McManus (@Tim_McManus)

3/13/17, 9:50 AM

Chase Daniel has asked for his release and it is expected to be granted today, source tells @caplannfl: espn.com/nfl/story/_/id…

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo

Eagles owe him $5m guaranteed but he has offset language, so they'll save whatever his next team pays him.

Chase Daniels, 7th-year backup with absolutely no record of anything good whatsoever.  A failure everywhere he's been so far.

Pass.  There are a half dozen mid-round kids every draft that can be a Chase Daniels #3 QB for less money.  

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Chase Daniels, 7th-year backup with absolutely no record of anything good whatsoever.  A failure everywhere he's been so far.

Pass.  There are a half dozen mid-round kids every draft that can be a Chase Daniels #3 QB for less money.  

This. I would really be disappointed if this clown shows up with the Jets.

EDIT: Although, with no offensive line to speak of, he'd at least have the speed to run around and not get killed until the 4th or 5th game.

22 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Exactly the mentality which explains why our fan base accepts a front office/ownership which has been mired in sub-mediocrity and incompetence for decades.  Guess some folks enjoy watching other teams improve while we can't find a QB, TE, pass rusher for what seems like an eternity.  

Dude, we are not one player away.  We need about 1/2 dozen to 8-9 solid new starters, including a QB.  Brandin Cooks was not coming here anyway.  

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If we sign Chase Daniel, Petty or Hackenberg will get the job. Daniel is worse than McCarron

if they sign daniel, i wouldn't be surprised if the jets traded back in the first round and took a qb and basically let them all battle it out in TC.  

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because we want Petty or Hackenberg to start.

And thus the point of signing Chase Daniel would be....................................?

If you trade for McCarron or draft Watson, you're bringing in guys who can compete for the starting job. Competition makes everyone better.

If you bring in Chase Daniel, you're wasting a roster spot on someone who provides no benefit to the team.

38 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Let's trade picks and/or Sheldon for a veteran QB who has less game experience than Bryce Petty. 

If we traded Sheldon straight up for Chase ******* Daniels.  I think I might considering bombing Florham Park. 

Archived