Jump to content
C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

IF they are going to trade Sheldon, then they will need another DL.

We actually have a few decent prospects from last year.  Anthony Johnson, Claude Pelon and Lawrence Thomas showed some things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hightower is an interesting case. So many veteran guys who haven't won will gravitate to good teams in search of the ring, maybe turning down more $ to do so. Hightower has won two rings, is entering the prime of his career, and may decide now is the time to take the money vs the better team. The Jets may have a real shot to land him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

We actually have a few decent prospects from last year.  Anthony Johnson, Claude Pelon and Lawrence Thomas showed some things.

Fair enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

We actually have a few decent prospects from last year.  Anthony Johnson, Claude Pelon and Lawrence Thomas showed some things.

I agree with you on Lawrence Thomas...he was in the rotation until the injury.  Your Oilers are looking good. McDavid is tremendous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, section314 said:

I agree with you on Lawrence Thomas...he was in the rotation until the injury.  Your Oilers are looking good. McDavid is tremendous.

The Oilers have been on the skids lately we have to beat Dallas tonight!  Yeah McDavid is the franchise no question about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

The Oilers have been on the skids lately we have to beat Dallas tonight!  Yeah McDavid is the franchise no question about it.

I think he's the best player in the league.I didn't realize how friggin quick he is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even exaggerating here: Rex Burkhead was signed specifically to humiliate Donta Hightower, and he will 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Jets don't land Dont'a Hightower it won't be for lack of trying. I'm convinced they have far and away the most money on the table

 

The highest I would be willing to go is 15/16m in the first year because the cap hit would be lessened by releasing David Harris for the first year. Anything above is bad IMO

Edited by UnitedWhofans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if they sign Hightower does that mean Harris is going to get cut?  Or are they going to keep both and play tiny lb occasionally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

So if they sign Hightower does that mean Harris is going to get cut?  Or are they going to keep both and play tiny lb occasionally?

They'll cut him I would think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So if they sign Hightower does that mean Harris is going to get cut?  Or are they going to keep both and play tiny lb occasionally?

Hightower sh\be OLB in Jets 3/4 keeping Harris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SickJetFan said:

Hightower sh\be OLB in Jets 3/4 keeping Harris

Sounds jets like all right, NOT playing a guy at his best positions.  Hightower is for sure an ILB all the way.  so is Lee, so is Harris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So if they sign Hightower does that mean Harris is going to get cut?  Or are they going to keep both and play tiny lb occasionally?

If they sign Hightower, they'll move Darron Lee "outside" and cut Maudlin, which is code for "we should have drafted Paxton Lynch."

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

Sounds jets like all right, NOT playing a guy at his best positions.  Hightower is for sure an ILB all the way.  so is Lee, so is Harris.

no he really isnt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

If they sign Hightower, they'll move Darron Lee "outside" and cut Maudlin, which is code for "we should have drafted Paxton Lynch."

Explain that thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

If they sign Hightower, they'll move Darron Lee "outside" and cut Maudlin, which is code for "we should have drafted Paxton Lynch."

no but i suspect if they land hightower then they will quickly go after Cutler and Carr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not even exaggerating here: Rex Burkhead was signed specifically to humiliate Donta Hightower, and he will 

Hes a really good player.  He will be the julian edelman of running backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to keep Harris as a situational player. Hightower will probably re-sign with NEP. I'd like to show a little loyalty to a great Jets player (if the coaching staff thinks he could have a role). Look why so much love for one of their players anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Explain that thinking

When you combine "available evidence" with relevant elements of recorded history and sensory perception, that's called "cognition."

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

When you combine "available evidence" with relevant elments of recorded history and sensory perception, that's called "cognition."

The problem is that Mauldin wasnt drafted in the same year as Lynch. So connecting the two seems odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

When you combine "available evidence" with relevant elments of recorded history and sensory perception, that's called "cognition."

please keep your medical problems to yourself...thats disgusting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem is that Mauldin wasnt drafted in the same year as Lynch. So connecting the two seems odd.

He means that by moving Lee it would signify that he can't play the position they drafted him to play and they should have taken Lynch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

no but i suspect if they land hightower then they will quickly go after Cutler and Carr

Carr is notorious is Dallas for being the guy Eli Manning abuses in every comeback victory the Giants have had against them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, section314 said:

He means that by moving Lee it would signify that he can't play the position they drafted him to play and they should have taken Lynch.

And that doesn't work either because he played OLB in college. So that theory is shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

Carr is notorious is Dallas for being the guy Eli Manning abuses in every comeback victory the Giants have had a faint them

doesnt matter he is just hold fort guy until draft and becomes depth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they liked Lynch.

I am feeling Trubiskey.  WCO QB. See PFF.  I agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they sign Hightower, Harris is gone and save the 6.5 million while getting your front 7 younger.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And that doesn't work either because he played OLB in college. So that theory is shot

I'm not the only one hear who doesn't get TOmShane all the time either.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they sign Hightower, they'll move Darron Lee "outside" and cut Maudlin, which is code for "we should have drafted Paxton Lynch."

Lee will be a TERRIBLE olb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...