NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

NFL Total Access is reporting that Mo Claiborne will choose between the Jets & Ravens

Cornerback Morris Claiborne is still trying to get as close to the $7.5 million the Bears shockingly gave to Prince Amukamura, but having a hard time getting it.   heard the Ravens are around $5 million per year and that could be where the veteran is headed.

NFL Insider Notes: Ravens have pieces for a special secondary; Romo not sweating it - CBSSports.com from Pro Football Rumors’s Tweet 

I TRULY have NO IDEA what this Jets team will be by opening day September. QB? OLB?  #1WR ? (Decker will be a gimped #2), #1CB?, FS?,TE?, Kicker? TYPE OF OFFENSE?!?!?!?!?

LOL! I'm not angrily complaining like some others here who tend to blow gaskets more frequently, but it's rather comical and (maybe my Condition's been conditioned)  all I can do is laugh. 

NY Jets = Greek Tragedy/Comedy tumblr_inline_n44oavml7u1se0g5i.jpg

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

I TRULY have NO IDEA what this Jets team will be by opening day September. QB? OLB?  #1WR ? (Decker will be a gimped #2), #1CB?, FS?,TE?, Kicker? TYPE OF OFFENSE?!?!?!?!?

LOL! I'm not angrily complaining like some others here who tend to blow gaskets more frequently, but it's rather comical and (maybe my Condition's been conditioned)  all I can do is laugh. 

So long as we are terrible enough to Draft one of the Top QB's next year I'm good.

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol this team is currently worse than last years team.. I wasn't sure that was possible but we are heading there

Well of course they are. Did you think they were going to be better? Don't worry we have that excellent judge of talent affectionately known as "Mac" to start the rebuilding process. Then we have that master of talent evaluation and defensive genius Todd "Toilet" Bowles to shape this team for generations to come. Aren't you excited?

6 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well of course they are. Did you think they were going to be better? Don't worry we have that excellent judge of talent affectionately known as "Mac" to start the rebuilding process. Then we have that master of talent evaluation and defensive genius Todd "Toilet" Bowles to shape this team for generations to come. Aren't you excited?

It's 7:30 in the morning. What kind of life can you possibly lead that makes you so miserable this early in the day?

7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Kicker is one of the only things Jets have addressed: Catazaro.

7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Good thing the Jets don't have a game for another 5+ months

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 

The #Saints are hosting #Patriots RFA CB Malcolm Butler on his visit now & there is momentum toward finalizing a deal before he leaves.

Pats will get their 1st back when all is said and done

5 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Kicker is one of the only things Jets have addressed: Cantazaro

He stinks, we have to hope he pulls a folk and has a big resurgence because he was awful last year.  I have hopes for Martin from last years camp.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 

The #Saints are hosting #Patriots RFA CB Malcolm Butler on his visit now & there is momentum toward finalizing a deal before he leaves.

When you have Brady and Belichick you just don;t give a sh*t about your star players, the money they want too much or their play slips a wee bit they are gone.  Other teams would get killed for seeing some of their players walk.  (As in the Jets would have been killed last year if they let Mo wilk go.)

35 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 

The rumors were a 3rd round pick and maybe another player from the Saints.  Granted that rumor was from like 3 days ago.

47 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 

If that were  possible, the Saints would have accepted the 1st round pick for Cooks  when it was offered . The Pats can't afford to pay all these kids, so they will probably end up getting a 2nd rounder for Butler in a negotiation  . All the Saints and Butler did was work out a contract and nothing will be signed until the compensation is decided upon .

6 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Kicker is one of the only things Jets have addressed: Catazaro.

If you saw Catanzaro the last 2 years, I would categorize him more as a camp leg and HUGE DOWNGRADE from Folk.

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

Good thing the Jets don't have a game for another 5+ months

True, so ALL that team cohesion talk that SO MANY players emphasize as a key to on-field success, will have definitely set in for the Jets in the next 5 months by opening day.

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

If you saw Catanzaro the last 2 years, I would categorize him more as a camp leg and HUGE DOWNGRADE from Folk.

Maybe the Jets were afraid Folk's leg might accidentally win them a game or two this year. Better safe than sorry. 

15 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

True, so ALL that team cohesion talk that SO MANY players emphasize as a key to on-field success, will have definitely set in for the Jets in the next 5 months by opening day.

They can't even start workouts until next month. 

Reading some of the stuff from Clemson's Pro Day you get the sense that while he has a lot of leadership intangibles, Watson is going to struggle making a number of NFL throws.  Also sounds like Williams may struggle against NFL caliber CB play too.  

Casual college observers like me need to avoid the trap of getting sucked in on players having only seen them in a bowl game or two.  Kind of like a Vince Young trap...

Archived