NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pennel's an interesting signing; he's a nose tackle type (333 pounds) and I'd guess he's basically coming in for a roster battle with McClendon (cutting McLendon after training camp would save the team almost 3M on this year's cap and an additional 3.25 next year) as the backup to Simon at NT.

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

Pennel's an interesting signing; he's a nose tackle type (333 pounds) and I'd guess he's basically coming in for a roster battle with McClendon (cutting McLendon after training camp would save the team almost 3M on this year's cap and an additional 3.25 next year) as the backup to Simon at NT.

McClendon should be trade-able on that contract. Even if we get a 5th for him... he's a good player.

8 hours ago, section314 said:

It's 7:30 in the morning. What kind of life can you possibly lead that makes you so miserable this early in the day?

LOL. What kind of person responds to obvious sarcasm with judgemental bullsh*t? Don't project your sorry excuse for a life on me bro. Why not take it as it was intended instead of getting on your high horse? Or go f(ck yourself. Either one works for me.

5 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

BTW, that should say the Jets are "resigning" Pennel; they claimed him on waivers in February when the Pack cut him after he was suspended a second time for banned substances

Mehta doesn't know that.  He is too busy talking to scouts about Mo at Temple's pro day. Not going to Temple's pro day or anything, but talking to "scouts."

McClendon seems like a good player and good guy, but given his comp, who else the Jets have at DL (it continues to be their favorite position to draft, sign and pickup) and the timeline to being competitive, they should trade him for the best offer.

37 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. What kind of person responds to obvious sarcasm with judgemental bullsh*t? Don't project your sorry excuse for a life on me bro. Why not take it as it was intended instead of getting on your high horse? Or go f(ck yourself. Either one works for me.

You proved my point. Thanks, bro.

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Lot of chatter and speculation about Revis and the Steelers. Not happening folks

I'd say Dallas is a possibility after the past hour

Maybe he can put in a good word about Sheldon for us with Jerry.:D

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Lot of chatter and speculation about Revis and the Steelers. Not happening folks

I'd say Dallas is a possibility after the past hour

Revis to Dallas can so happen.  

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL funny don't we still need a QB. 

Joewilly12, put your Jets GM hat on! How much do you offer Geno for a contract? How many years, and how much per year, and how much guaranteed? Remember, you have to beat out the rest of the NFL if you want him.

The Ringer's Michael Lombardi reports the Seahawks are "open" to trading Richard Sherman.

"I hear Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious," were Lombardi's exact words. It's the first we've heard of the possibility, though Sherman is coming off a season where he struggled with an ankle injury and clashed with coaches. He turns 29 later this month. Sherman is due a combined $22.431 million over the next two seasons. It's extremely unlikely he's playing anywhere other than Seattle come Week 1.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The Ringer's Michael Lombardi reports the Seahawks are "open" to trading Richard Sherman.

"I hear Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious," were Lombardi's exact words. It's the first we've heard of the possibility, though Sherman is coming off a season where he struggled with an ankle injury and clashed with coaches. He turns 29 later this month. Sherman is due a combined $22.431 million over the next two seasons. It's extremely unlikely he's playing anywhere other than Seattle come Week 1.

I honestly didn't know he was that old already.  Only a couple of years younger than Revis.

5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Joewilly12, put your Jets GM hat on! How much do you offer Geno for a contract? How many years, and how much per year, and how much guaranteed? Remember, you have to beat out the rest of the NFL if you want him.

Here you go Joewilly12. 

imagejpeg

6 hours ago, KSJets said:

I honestly didn't know he was that old already.  Only a couple of years younger than Revis.

Which is why 22/2 makes sense he will be off the books before that steep decline ..that being said for the jets I wouldn't do it .. for a contender I would .

If the want to build for the future, save salary cap for later and play and develop young players, the older veteran expensive defenders should be replaced, hopefully with draft picks.  

That would be more from McClendon, Skrine, Harris, Gilcrist.  Trade SR and Pryor.

The future is not now.  It is later.   

34 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Wowza! Now I have seen it all, comparing Geno Smith to Adrian Peterson. The Geno love on this site never ceases to amaze!! 

Why does it bother you? Nobody is asking you to watch...

FWIW, BTW, the comparison is Danny Woodhead to Adrian Peterson. and it's an analogy: showing that correlation does not prove causation.

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Why does it bother you? Nobody is asking you to watch...

FWIW, BTW, the comparison is Danny Woodhead to Adrian Peterson. and it's an analogy: showing that correlation does not prove causation.

but Woodhead actually is an NFL player.... Genope is trash

Archived