Jump to content
C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You're going to get that anyway, so you better brace yourself for it .

I think you may want to brace yourself for no QB with 1st 4 picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slats said:

He's 38 years old. If his choices are starting for the Jets -the thing that basically ended Ryan Fitzpatrick's career- or never playing a down for the Cowboys for a couple years, I'd think he'd jump at the Cowboys. 

that is if you like tumbleweed and critters that can kill you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Claiborne 1year prove it deal for $5 Mill...Very good.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, slats said:

He's 38 years old. If his choices are starting for the Jets -the thing that basically ended Ryan Fitzpatrick's career- or never playing a down for the Cowboys for a couple years, I'd think he'd jump at the Cowboys. 

Some people want to play game rather than cash in and wear a ball cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nicg4360 said:

Looks like Claiborne 1year prove it deal for $5 Mill...Very good.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app
 

I approve of this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

that is if you like tumbleweed and critters that can kill you

Doesn't matter, my ideas about the draft are always based on what I would do, not what the Jets will do. I am not privileged to the information the Jets organization have on these prospects . 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last thing this team needs is a 38 year old journeyman under center in 2017. If he's brought in, it better be on a super cheap deal, with the understanding that he'll only see the field in the event that both the kids sh*t the bed.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Doesn't matter, my ideas about the draft are always based on what I would do, not what the Jets will do. I am not privileged to the information the Jets organization have on these prospects . 

ok then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

This thread made me realize I've been misspelling McNown's name for like.....15 years

Well there was a Cade McNown and the other dudes are McCowns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

The last thing this team needs is a 38 year old journeyman under center in 2017. If he's brought in, it better be on a super cheap deal, with the understanding that he'll only see the field in the event that both the kids sh*t the bed.  

He will be the day one starter, be prepared to be disappointed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He will be the day one starter, be prepared to be disappointed.

If history is any indication, you're 100% correct.  

But if they're conceding it's a lost season, give the kids the reigns and let's see what they can do. It seems that it's a foreign concept to this organization.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shuler82 said:

If history is any indication, you're 100% correct.  

But if they're conceding it's a lost season, give the kids the reigns and let's see what they can do. It seems that it's a foreign concept to this organization.

 

 

I don't disagree with you but any vet will come in here, look 20 times better than either of the younger guys in camp and this will start.

I think our Gm has enough job security to go with kids but not the coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh McCown pretty much makes us a lock for pretty much the Jetsiest of all Jetsy outcomes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't disagree with you but any vet will come in here, look 20 times better than either of the younger guys in camp and this will start.

I think our Gm has enough job security to go with kids but not the coach.

No doubt. Maybe the can resign him to a $12M a year deal when he turns 39. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY Daily News reporting that ESPN signed Rex Ryan to mult-year contract, to be part of NFL Sunday Night Countdown.

No word yet from Mehta as to whether Rex has gained any weight this off season.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Mcnown is so injury prone no doubt if he starts he won't be under center by mid season.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, C Mart said:

who the h*ll is Jason Smith? My mailman knows more about the draft than he does

Isn't he the bust from Baylor a few years back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh is a great option. He would be a veteran stopgap that could provide mentorship to the youngins, he won't win any games on his own, and he's a scapegoat for the front office ("we did ALL we could")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are truly interested in Mcnown, i think that says a lot about what the think of Hackenberg.  Mcnown is not a starter and wont last all year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what certain Jet fans thought about Christian Hackenberg after the Giants  pre-season game ?  That exhibition and what followed in the Eagles pre-season game is the issue the Jets need to figure out .

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling he is not being brought in as a starter...The FO are bringing in all kinds of youth to this team but had to have some veteran presence for the young QB's. It will be between petty and hack.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I wonder what certain Jet fans thought about Christian Hackenberg after the Giants  pre-season game ?  That exhibition and what followed in the Eagles pre-season game is the issue the Jets need to figure out .

He was terrible in both, he had one half decent drive and had one nice td throw, other than that he was pure awful in both ex games.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't overreact (like that's going to happen) to McCown coming for a visit.  I still believe the front office is going to

"slow play" the QB position until CLE releases Osweiler.  Not going to be surprised if / when Cutler and Daniel come

in for visits also

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Say no to McCown. He's better than Fitz, but we just to let Petty and Hack have their shot.

I hope Mac has him in mind as strictly a backup if we sign him.  If so, he'd better get Bowles to sign off on the plan BEFOREHAND.   

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KRL said:

Don't overreact (like that's going to happen) to McCown coming for a visit.  I still believe the front office is going to

"slow play" the QB position until CLE releases Osweiler.  Not going to be surprised if / when Cutler and Daniel come

in for visits also

Just what we need another full off season of QB spec threads.  I want no part of Oswieler at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just what we need another full off season of QB spec threads.  I want no part of Oswieler at all.

Osweiller looked pretty good in Denver and was only 1 year removed from that year he beat alot of good teams to help Denver get to the SB...Maybe he just needs a change of scenery but ...I would prefer us to look elsewhere as well.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, C Mart said:

Albert Breer‏ @AlbertBreer

Jets offer was pulled after physical, so this was a moot point by the time Hightower accepted Pats' offer.

Wow.  Wonder what they saw ...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCown would be much better as a short-term guy than someone like Cutler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:


Osweiller looked pretty good in Denver and was only 1 year removed from that year he beat alot of good teams to help Denver get to the SB...Maybe he just needs a change of scenery but ...I would prefer us to look elsewhere as well.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app
 

I don;t think he looked that good at all in Denver to be honest.  10 tds 6 ints and 23 sacks, he three for over 300 yards once and that was 308.  He played on a team with an ultra stacked defense and just seen him in a few of the Denver games he did not look that good.  Manning was totally shot his last year and the Broncos chose him over osweiler.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if we end up with him.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don;t think he looked that good at all in Denver to be honest.  10 tds 6 ints and 23 sacks, he three for over 300 yards once and that was 308.  He played on a team with an ultra stacked defense and just seen him in a few of the Denver games he did not look that good.  Manning was totally shot his last year and the Broncos chose him over osweiler.
I'll be surprised and disappointed if we end up with him.
 

Very true he had a good supporting cast. I guess Elway got lucky when Houston outbid him for his services.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t think he looked that good at all in Denver to be honest.  10 tds 6 ints and 23 sacks, he three for over 300 yards once and that was 308.  He played on a team with an ultra stacked defense and just seen him in a few of the Denver games he did not look that good.  Manning was totally shot his last year and the Broncos chose him over osweiler.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if we end up with him.

 

Could not agree more. It particularly made me laugh when everyone got their panties in a wad when we passed on Lynch and the Elway, the great took Lynch. Lynch may end up good, but the fact that Elway offered Osweiler that ridiculous contract has me seriously questioning his QB scouting ability. Being a great QB does not make you a great QB scout. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slats said:

So, backup on a potential Super Bowl team, or potentially start for a team vying for the #1 pick in the draft. 

Also factor in that he's from Texas. Being a Cowboy (even as a backup) might be something he's dreamed about since he was a kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...