NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, slats said:

He's 38 years old. If his choices are starting for the Jets -the thing that basically ended Ryan Fitzpatrick's career- or never playing a down for the Cowboys for a couple years, I'd think he'd jump at the Cowboys. 

that is if you like tumbleweed and critters that can kill you

9 minutes ago, slats said:

He's 38 years old. If his choices are starting for the Jets -the thing that basically ended Ryan Fitzpatrick's career- or never playing a down for the Cowboys for a couple years, I'd think he'd jump at the Cowboys. 

Some people want to play game rather than cash in and wear a ball cap.

27 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

that is if you like tumbleweed and critters that can kill you

Doesn't matter, my ideas about the draft are always based on what I would do, not what the Jets will do. I am not privileged to the information the Jets organization have on these prospects . 

The last thing this team needs is a 38 year old journeyman under center in 2017. If he's brought in, it better be on a super cheap deal, with the understanding that he'll only see the field in the event that both the kids sh*t the bed.  

11 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

The last thing this team needs is a 38 year old journeyman under center in 2017. If he's brought in, it better be on a super cheap deal, with the understanding that he'll only see the field in the event that both the kids sh*t the bed.  

He will be the day one starter, be prepared to be disappointed.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He will be the day one starter, be prepared to be disappointed.

If history is any indication, you're 100% correct.  

But if they're conceding it's a lost season, give the kids the reigns and let's see what they can do. It seems that it's a foreign concept to this organization.

Just now, shuler82 said:

If history is any indication, you're 100% correct.  

But if they're conceding it's a lost season, give the kids the reigns and let's see what they can do. It seems that it's a foreign concept to this organization.

I don't disagree with you but any vet will come in here, look 20 times better than either of the younger guys in camp and this will start.

I think our Gm has enough job security to go with kids but not the coach.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't disagree with you but any vet will come in here, look 20 times better than either of the younger guys in camp and this will start.

I think our Gm has enough job security to go with kids but not the coach.

No doubt. Maybe the can resign him to a $12M a year deal when he turns 39. 

I have a feeling he is not being brought in as a starter...The FO are bringing in all kinds of youth to this team but had to have some veteran presence for the young QB's. It will be between petty and hack.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I wonder what certain Jet fans thought about Christian Hackenberg after the Giants  pre-season game ?  That exhibition and what followed in the Eagles pre-season game is the issue the Jets need to figure out .

He was terrible in both, he had one half decent drive and had one nice td throw, other than that he was pure awful in both ex games.

Don't overreact (like that's going to happen) to McCown coming for a visit.  I still believe the front office is going to

"slow play" the QB position until CLE releases Osweiler.  Not going to be surprised if / when Cutler and Daniel come

in for visits also

31 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Say no to McCown. He's better than Fitz, but we just to let Petty and Hack have their shot.

I hope Mac has him in mind as strictly a backup if we sign him.  If so, he'd better get Bowles to sign off on the plan BEFOREHAND.   

10 minutes ago, KRL said:

Don't overreact (like that's going to happen) to McCown coming for a visit.  I still believe the front office is going to

"slow play" the QB position until CLE releases Osweiler.  Not going to be surprised if / when Cutler and Daniel come

in for visits also

Just what we need another full off season of QB spec threads.  I want no part of Oswieler at all.

Just what we need another full off season of QB spec threads.  I want no part of Oswieler at all.

Osweiller looked pretty good in Denver and was only 1 year removed from that year he beat alot of good teams to help Denver get to the SB...Maybe he just needs a change of scenery but ...I would prefer us to look elsewhere as well.

6 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

Osweiller looked pretty good in Denver and was only 1 year removed from that year he beat alot of good teams to help Denver get to the SB...Maybe he just needs a change of scenery but ...I would prefer us to look elsewhere as well.

I don;t think he looked that good at all in Denver to be honest.  10 tds 6 ints and 23 sacks, he three for over 300 yards once and that was 308.  He played on a team with an ultra stacked defense and just seen him in a few of the Denver games he did not look that good.  Manning was totally shot his last year and the Broncos chose him over osweiler.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if we end up with him.

I don;t think he looked that good at all in Denver to be honest.  10 tds 6 ints and 23 sacks, he three for over 300 yards once and that was 308.  He played on a team with an ultra stacked defense and just seen him in a few of the Denver games he did not look that good.  Manning was totally shot his last year and the Broncos chose him over osweiler.

Very true he had a good supporting cast. I guess Elway got lucky when Houston outbid him for his services.

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Could not agree more. It particularly made me laugh when everyone got their panties in a wad when we passed on Lynch and the Elway, the great took Lynch. Lynch may end up good, but the fact that Elway offered Osweiler that ridiculous contract has me seriously questioning his QB scouting ability. Being a great QB does not make you a great QB scout. 

3 hours ago, slats said:

So, backup on a potential Super Bowl team, or potentially start for a team vying for the #1 pick in the draft. 

Also factor in that he's from Texas. Being a Cowboy (even as a backup) might be something he's dreamed about since he was a kid. 

Archived