NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually those of us bitching are bitching about the Jets QB situation which seems to have taken a very bad turn for the worse,Cleveland Browns QB really. 

Bitching over a dinner in March.  Really?  Wow. Sad. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bitching about the QB situation. Sad you cant read. 

Actually C Mart post about bitching was in reference to prime 21's post about the dinner.  I think it's obvious that it's not C Mart that can't read.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is a message board thats how it works you join in on others conversations. 

I understand that genius, but saying that someone can't read adds nothing to the conversation.  That is your specialty though.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Whatever dude whats your speciality starting sh*t with people over nothing. 

Amazing how more than half the people on this board are always picking fights with you but you are always innocent.  Actually I try to ignore your idiotic posts but sometimes I can't help myself.  I will try again to not reply to any of your posts.  Have a good evening.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, varjet said:

McCown tells me that the Jets are going with Hack and/or a draft pick.  They are not playing the short term game. 

I applaud that.

You spoke to him? He told you that?  Or am I being too captain literal this morning?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, varjet said:

McCown tells me that the Jets are going with Hack and/or a draft pick.  They are not playing the short term game. 

I applaud that.

I'm still not in favor of signing him, but that would be my guess as well (whether it's Hackenberg, Petty, or a 2017 pick). Otherwise they'd just offer him money, through his agent, and he either takes it or he doesn't.

Only thing that I can think of, that would take coaxing over dinner, is telling him in advance they want someone else on the field, so he doesn't feel shafted later on when they go with a kid over him. If he's going to be resistant to this, find out now, and read it on his face instead of just having his agent lie to them over the phone.

Sounds like he's ok with that - not like 10 teams are knocking down his door lol - and based on that they now discuss numbers.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, C Mart said:

People will bitch about everything these two do. Unreal. 

11 hours ago, Joejet said:

Actually C Mart bitching about bitching was in reference to prime 21's post about the dinner.  I think it's obvious that it's not C Mart that can't bitch.

Fixed

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm still not in favor of signing him, but that would be my guess as well (whether it's Hackenberg, Petty, or a 2017 pick). Otherwise they'd just offer him money, through his agent, and he either takes it or he doesn't.

Only thing that I can think of, that would take coaxing over dinner, is telling him in advance they want someone else on the field, so he doesn't feel shafted later on when they go with a kid over him. If he's going to be resistant to this, find out now, and read it on his face instead of just having his agent lie to them over the phone.

Sounds like he's ok with that - not like 10 teams are knocking down his door lol - and based on that they now discuss numbers.

Yep, that's why they had him to dinner.

Just now, prime21 said:

Maybe the convo is like this:
"You are a professional back-up QB and if we sign you, you will probably be the best QB we have but you still are a backup QB starting for us...follow?"

Don't think they would admit that straight up, but more along the lines of "might be the best QB"

38 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Maybe the convo is like this:
"You are a professional back-up QB and if we sign you, you will probably be the best QB we have but you still are a backup QB starting for us...follow?"

The idea that a guy is going to sign with the Jets to be a backup QB only doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless he has no other options. What do the Jets offer to a guy like McCown that other teams can't offer besides the possibility of playing time. It's not like they are a top team that has a chance of winning a SB.

13 hours ago, prime21 said:

Josh McCown had dinner tonight with Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan at Del Frisco's steakhouse in Manhattan #nyj

The coach and the GM have to wine and dine a 37 year old back up? Nothing else to attend to??

Down to just bitching.  Nothing in particular, just ran out of shlt that actually makes sense.

• Upvote 3