Jump to content
C Mart

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

Recommended Posts

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Ive been accepting that the last 48 years. 

Expect nothing positive from the Jets and never be disappointed . 

And if you're not disappointed, there's no need to complain. Just a logical train of thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

And if you're not disappointed, there's no need to complain. Just a logical train of thought

Not complaining just voicing  my opinions like you and everybody else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

1 career TD in 40 games. 

Let me guess Clyde Gates didn't want to come out of retirement. 

For some of the trash that you advocate you should not make fun of Gates and Patton.  Gates was a top tier speed guy from a small program.  His college football career was hurt because he chose basketball first.  He is exactly the kind of guy you try to develop.  Not burn a mid-rounder on like the Dolphins, but develop.  He was solidly in the 4.3s and an explosive leaper.  The mooks on nfl.com compared Patton to Reggie Wayne.  I'm sure that he isn't Reggie Wayne, but assuming they gave him a minimal deal, there is no reason they shouldn't see if the Niners 4th rounder blossoms with a change of scenery.  He spent a bunch of time hurt, missed most of his rookie year and the Forty Niners have not exactly been a stable franchise over the past 3 years.  I suppose instead of signing this guy they should have given guaranteed money to Ray Rice and Johnny Football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

For some of the trash that you advocate you should not make fun of Gates and Patton.  Gates was a top tier speed guy from a small program.  His college football career was hurt because he chose basketball first.  He is exactly the kind of guy you try to develop.  Not burn a mid-rounder on like the Dolphins, but develop.  He was solidly in the 4.3s and an explosive leaper.  The mooks on nfl.com compared Patton to Reggie Wayne.  I'm sure that he isn't Reggie Wayne, but assuming they gave him a minimal deal, there is no reason they shouldn't see if the Niners 4th rounder blossoms with a change of scenery.  He spent a bunch of time hurt, missed most of his rookie year and the Forty Niners have not exactly been a stable franchise over the past 3 years.  I suppose instead of signing this guy they should ahve given guaranteed money to Ray Rice and Johnny Football.

Wait, you actually think he ever heard of this player before, and didn't just look up the stats 5 minutes ago and decide it was a bad thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patton is nothing impressive so far in his career, but is one of the type of guys the Jets should be going after.  Cheap, young, with some potential upside.  His numbers don't jump out at you the past 2 years (both around 30/400), but this is a guy who is likely to be battling it out for the #3 spot or lower.  He was also apparently a contributor on special teams as well, which is not exactly something the Jets have an abundance of.  Depending on what the contract #s come out to be, who knows if he's even a lock to make the team.  Hardly something to get worked up about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Patton does well, undrafted Jalin Marshall goes bye bye

I honestly think Marshall has more upside.  I would be shocked if Patton makes this WR squad without the need of injury help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

For some of the trash that you advocate you should not make fun of Gates and Patton.  Gates was a top tier speed guy from a small program.  His college football career was hurt because he chose basketball first.  He is exactly the kind of guy you try to develop.  Not burn a mid-rounder on like the Dolphins, but develop.  He was solidly in the 4.3s and an explosive leaper.  The mooks on nfl.com compared Patton to Reggie Wayne.  I'm sure that he isn't Reggie Wayne, but assuming they gave him a minimal deal, there is no reason they shouldn't see if the Niners 4th rounder blossoms with a change of scenery.  He spent a bunch of time hurt, missed most of his rookie year and the Forty Niners have not exactly been a stable franchise over the past 3 years.  I suppose instead of signing this guy they should have given guaranteed money to Ray Rice and Johnny Football.

Trash is what we have on our roster if not for the Jets many of these guys wouldn't be in the NFL. If Clyde Gates was such a hot commodity how come only the Jets had any interest in him?  The Jets always seem to find that hidden talent that every other team missed so far to date none have equaled out to anything, Fans act as if Patton is the next Jerry Rice reality is he isn't and wont be. Im guessing you still want Ryan Fitzpatrick back as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Patton is nothing impressive so far in his career, but is one of the type of guys the Jets should be going after.  Cheap, young, with some potential upside.  His numbers don't jump out at you the past 2 years (both around 30/400), but this is a guy who is likely to be battling it out for the #3 spot or lower.  He was also apparently a contributor on special teams as well, which is not exactly something the Jets have an abundance of.  Depending on what the contract #s come out to be, who knows if he's even a lock to make the team.  Hardly something to get worked up about.

So true. As much as we all love this place, you could say that about 95% of what we discuss here.. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Trash is what we have on our roster if not for the Jets many of these guys wouldn't be in the NFL. If Clyde Gates was such a hot commodity how come only the Jets had any interest in him?  The Jets always seem to find that hidden talent that every other team missed so far to date none have equaled out to anything, Fans act as if Patton is the next Jerry Rice reality is he isn't and wont be. Im guessing you still want Ryan Fitzpatrick back as well. 

You literally do not accept that guys with names you don't know can be NFL players.  Yet you would sign Franco Harris tomorrow.  Clyde Gates was never on the street.  The Jets got the waiver claim, but weren't even the only team to put in.  The Titans and Cowboys had him in after the Jets let him go.  In fact, the Cowboys had him in during 2015 after first cuts.  Guess the Cowboys are morons.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets have a free spin on Jalin Marshall.  He goes through OTAs and training camp and then is not part of the final 53-he is suspended.

The same thing with ASJ.

Given the number of injuries they can be expected to suffer (but hopefully they are training better to avoid them), having an extra WR is not a horrible idea.  Decker could be IR'd (I actually think that is smart if he would restructure somewhat), Devin Smith is delicate and Marshall will be suspended.  They can play this one by ear.

I would be curious to know what the percentage of Macc's signings since he arrived were WRs and DL?  They would seem his favorite position groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You literally do not accept that guys with names you don't know can be NFL players.  Yet you would sign Franco Harris tomorrow.  Clyde Gates was never on the street.  The Jets got the waiver claim, but weren't even the only team to put in.  The Titans and Cowboys had him in after the Jets let him go.  In fact, the Cowboys had him in during 2015 after first cuts.  Guess the Cowboys are morons.  

 

I dont see the Jets improving signing other teams garbage. 

How did that work out for the Cowboys and Titans did he reach stardom there maybe it wasnt the Jets afterall. 

We allow a top 15 WR to walk in free agency and replace him with a guy that has 1 career TD in 40 games thats Macc moving this team towards success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did anybody say this guy was going to take Marshall's place?  What kind of stupidity is this?  The usual?  He is a young cheap player that some good people liked.  Maybe he will improve with a change of scenery, maybe he will not make the cut.  You sit here every day.  We talk about every eventuality from comp picks, to 7th rounders and UDFAs, yet you want to act like the Jets are harming themselves every time that they sign a player that isn't a 6 time pro bowler.  It is beyond moronic.  Just stare at the headlines and complain, that's all you do.  Teams are made up of 53 guys.  At this point it is closer to 100.  The goal is to get the best 100 you can.  

Dont we have enough JAG's on the roster at the WR position already. 

We lost a true #1 NFL WR and replaced him with no one, 

Get a clue before you embarrass yourself any further. 

Defending the signing of Quinton Patton sheesh 

  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dont we have enough JAG's on the roster at the WR position already. 

We lost a true #1 NFL WR and replaced him with no one, 

Get a clue before you embarrass yourself any further. 

Defending the signing of Quinton Patton sheesh 

Get a clue?  Do you know who Patton is?  Do you know where he went to college?  Who drafted him?  How many games he started?  If he has any character concerns?  What special teams units he plays on?  Do you know his workout numbers? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Get a clue?  Do you know who Patton is?  Do you know where he went to college?  Who drafted him?  How many games he started?  If he has any character concerns?  What special teams units he plays on?  Do you know his workout numbers? 

Joewilly is basically Joe Beningo is disguise.  Only he continually whines about "49 years......." And he has the football acumen, or lack of, and the temperament to match

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Joewilly is basically Joe Beningo is disguise.  Only he continually whines about "49 years......." And he has the football acumen, or lack of, and the temperament to match

And you Manish Mehta no clue about anything. 

@peebag is Mike Maccagnan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are scouting the waiver wire like a fantasy football team trying to find a hidden gem.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

We are scouting the waiver wire like a fantasy football team trying to find a hidden gem.

Pretty much. Most of the starters are pretty much locked or coming in the draft

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

And you Manish Mehta no clue about anything. 

@peebag is Mike Maccagnan 

So be it....

My name is Mike Maccagnan of the clan Maccangan....there can be only one!

Highlander_titles.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team is full of so many holes keeping marshall wouldn't have helped any. Might as well be terrible than a middle of the pack team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, slats said:

Well, the Jets got McCown, you knew the Browns were gonna have to retaliate. 

Who got the better deal..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-03-20 at 2:38 PM, joewilly12 said:

Dont we have enough JAG's on the roster at the WR position already. 

We lost a true #1 NFL WR and replaced him with no one, 

Get a clue before you embarrass yourself any further. 

Defending the signing of Quinton Patton sheesh 

No offense Joe, but a) Marshall had to go, and b, we have the draft.  The Jets could very well be looking at either drafting a TE high to give another threat, or they could be looking at a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 2:43 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Get a clue?  Do you know who Patton is?  Do you know where he went to college?  Who drafted him?  How many games he started?  If he has any character concerns?  What special teams units he plays on?  Do you know his workout numbers? 

Oooooooh I'll answer this one!

*Ahem...*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No.  He doesnt.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Source: the Browns hosted free agent tight end Kellen Davis on a visit today. He's spent the last two seasons with the Jets.

Best.  News.  Ever.

Of all the Bears rejects on the team, he played the worst and was here the longest.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter  

Former Raiders' TE Mychal Rivera has agreed to terms with the Jaguars, per @JeffDarlington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter  

Former Raiders' TE Mychal Rivera has agreed to terms with the Jaguars, per @JeffDarlington.

I was wondering what happened with him .  I actually prefer the players we have on the roster and 1 addition from the draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But league sources indicated that new Colts GM Chris Ballard is very bullish on bringing in Seattle executive Ed Dodds. The Seahawks senior personnel consultant is an uber-scout who would be in line for a promotion with the Colts and industry sources would be surprised if that doesn’t go down.

Ballard is also very high on Rex Hogan, the Jets’ director of college scouting, but he has time on his contract remaining and might not be as available. Ballard would be wise to reunite with several of the personnel men he was with back in his early days with the Chicago Bears, and one of them, Morocco Brown, could also be under consideration with the 49ers.

 

Redskins casting wide net in GM search that might ultimately result in few takers - CBSSports.com from Jason La Canfora’s Tweet 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...