NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

On 2017-03-30 at 11:19 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Put another way, there is no valid point being made. No more so than suggesting San Diego's weather is crappy because you were there once when it rained for 2 days in a row. 

For the record, I was in San Diego once for 3 days, and it never rained once, soooo.....

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

For the record, I was in San Diego once for 3 days, and it never rained once, soooo.....

I know. It never rains there, it's not too hot, it's not too cold, it's not too humid, it's not too dry, it's not too windy...

**** them and their just-right weather. 

33 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I know. It never rains there, it's not too hot, it's not too cold, it's not too humid, it's not too dry, it's not too windy...

**** them and their just-right weather. 

I think Philip Rivers will be VERY unhappy with the move up the road.  He is leaving the perfect weather of San Diego for the meteorological uncertainty of L.A.

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

I disagree.....Peterson needs loads of touches to be effective. No way Pats will give any back 18-20 touches at the expense of Brady. 

If they can run peterson into the ground for the first 8 games and keep brady's arm fresh I think they will do it. 

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

I disagree.....Peterson needs loads of touches to be effective. No way Pats will give any back 18-20 touches at the expense of Brady. 

Wtf are you talking about?  NE always has a good run game.  When it comes to NE some people are just blind.    

I'm a Mac supporter, but THIS is a SMART MOVE by a veteran GM. If you can't unload Sheldon, AT LEAST, use him as a chip to move up a couple of spots in a round IF you can't get a draft pick outright for him. Tanny netted us Thomas Jones by swapping picks (and a new contract for Jones) in the 3rd back in '07 with Chicago.

Ravens trade DT Timmy Jernigan to Eagles, improve third-round pick

The Baltimore Ravens traded defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan and a third-round compensatory pick to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for their third-round pick, it was announced Tuesday.

The Ravens will move up 25 spots in the third round -- from No. 99 to No. 74 overall -- in exchange for a starting defensive tackle who likely was not going to get re-signed after this season. Baltimore now has four of the first 78 picks in this year's draft.

Jernigan, a second-round pick in 2014, was Baltimore's best interior pass-rusher, but his production -- as well as his snaps -- declined in the second half of last season. He had five sacks in his first nine games and none in the final seven weeks.

"Timmy has been a terrific player for us for three seasons," general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "This will allow our young group of defensive linemen an opportunity to compete and play."

With the Eagles, Jernigan will help fill the void at defensive tackle left by Bennie Logan, who signed this offseason with the Kansas City Chiefs via free agency. Logan started 43 games over the past three seasons for Philadelphia and had a career-best 2.5 sacks in 2016.

"We are excited to add Timmy Jernigan to our defensive front. It was hard to move down in the third round, but we believe in building along the lines, and he is a good fit for our scheme," Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said. "At 24 years old, his best football is still ahead of him. We still have at least one pick in every round and eight total picks in the draft that will take place in Philadelphia in front of our fans in a few weeks."

The Ravens were willing to part with Jernigan, who had 13 sacks in his three seasons, because the interior of the defensive line is one of the team's deepest positions. The Ravens re-signed nose tackle Brandon Williams in free agency and return promising second-year player Michael Pierce along with recent draft picks Carl Davis and Willie Henry.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh acknowledged at the NFL owners meetings last month that the team was listening to offers for Jernigan.

"To me, Timmy is going to have the best year of his career, without question," Harbaugh said. "I know how passionate he is, I know how much he wants to be great."

The Ravens will now be without two starting defensive linemen from 2016, after defensive end Lawrence Guy signed with the New England Patriots in free agency.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm a Mac supporter, but THIS is a SMART MOVE by a veteran GM. If you can't unload Sheldon, AT LEAST, use him as a chip to move up a couple of spots in a round IF you can't get a draft pick outright for him. Tanny netted us Thomas Jones by swapping picks (and a new contract for Jones) in the 3rd back in '07 with Chicago.

Ravens trade DT Timmy Jernigan to Eagles, improve third-round pick

The Baltimore Ravens traded defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan and a third-round compensatory pick to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for their third-round pick, it was announced Tuesday.

The Ravens will move up 25 spots in the third round -- from No. 99 to No. 74 overall -- in exchange for a starting defensive tackle who likely was not going to get re-signed after this season. Baltimore now has four of the first 78 picks in this year's draft.

Jernigan, a second-round pick in 2014, was Baltimore's best interior pass-rusher, but his production -- as well as his snaps -- declined in the second half of last season. He had five sacks in his first nine games and none in the final seven weeks.

"Timmy has been a terrific player for us for three seasons," general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "This will allow our young group of defensive linemen an opportunity to compete and play."

With the Eagles, Jernigan will help fill the void at defensive tackle left by Bennie Logan, who signed this offseason with the Kansas City Chiefs via free agency. Logan started 43 games over the past three seasons for Philadelphia and had a career-best 2.5 sacks in 2016.

"We are excited to add Timmy Jernigan to our defensive front. It was hard to move down in the third round, but we believe in building along the lines, and he is a good fit for our scheme," Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said. "At 24 years old, his best football is still ahead of him. We still have at least one pick in every round and eight total picks in the draft that will take place in Philadelphia in front of our fans in a few weeks."

The Ravens were willing to part with Jernigan, who had 13 sacks in his three seasons, because the interior of the defensive line is one of the team's deepest positions. The Ravens re-signed nose tackle Brandon Williams in free agency and return promising second-year player Michael Pierce along with recent draft picks Carl Davis and Willie Henry.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh acknowledged at the NFL owners meetings last month that the team was listening to offers for Jernigan.

"To me, Timmy is going to have the best year of his career, without question," Harbaugh said. "I know how passionate he is, I know how much he wants to be great."

The Ravens will now be without two starting defensive linemen from 2016, after defensive end Lawrence Guy signed with the New England Patriots in free agency.

First, I thought you couldn't trade comp picks. Second, the Jets could potentially get a 3rd round comp pick for SR leaving as a FA (I honestly don't think he will net us the max pick when all is said and done, but its possible). So why would we trade an asset for a move up in the same round when we could get a year if play and just about the same compensation a year later.

5 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

First, I thought you couldn't trade comp picks. Second, the Jets could potentially get a 3rd round comp pick for SR leaving as a FA (I honestly don't think he will net us the max pick when all is said and done, but its possible). So why would we trade an asset for a move up in the same round when we could get a year if play and just about the same compensation a year later.

First year you are allowed to trade compensation picks.

The Jets will have a lot of money to play with in Fa in 2018.  If they are big players in Fa, than there is good chance they won't get anything if Sheldon Richardson signs elsewhere.   If the Jets don't sign anyone than you probably get a third rounder in 2019.

SR just needs to go in 2017.  He is not here in 2018.  This is a good, deep draft.  John Johnson of BC is mocked in the 4th-5th round, for example.  

If SR goes on a tear and wins us a game-that just costs us draft position.  He is not leading the Jets to the playoffs.

Macc should basically auction him with a 4th round floor. 

58 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Beastmode to be a Raider.   ( PR move as you bring the  local legend home, as you transition from Oakland to Las Vegas.   

figured this would happen. So are the Raiduhs giving Seattle a draft pick or will Seattle just let him go?

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

figured this would happen. So are the Raiduhs giving Seattle a draft pick or will Seattle just let him go?

That hasn't been determined yet.  He's meeting with Jack Delrio now.  If Jack Delrio signs off on Lynch -  the dominos will fall.( according to Rapoport sp? ) 

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73

#Jets announce they signed TE Brian Parker. Was claimed off waivers from #Chiefs last Sept, but waived/failed physical 2 days later.

The Jets have signed free agent TE Brian Parker.

Parker, an Albany product who signed with the Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2015, appeared in nine games with the Chiefs in ‘15.

The Green & White originally claimed Parker off waivers from Kansas City last September, but he was waived/failed physical two days later.

Parker, a 6’4”, 265-pounder who is a native of Henrietta, NY, recorded 1,006 receiving yards and nine touchdowns for the Great Danes.

Davis Webb - QB - Player

Ex-Browns GM Phil Savage believes the first-round chatter for Cal QB Davis Webb is "legit."

"(I've) had several NFL people tell me that (Webb) is the guy they would want to coach," Savage said. Now the executive director of the Senior Bowl, Savage is involved in the draft process. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah recently spoke with two NFL executives who believed Webb has a shot at coming off the board on Day 1. Webb himself said last month he was a first-rounder by "double-digit teams." He's becoming a player to watch with the draft three weeks away.

Apr 6 - 4:25 PM
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:
Davis Webb - QB - Player

Ex-Browns GM Phil Savage believes the first-round chatter for Cal QB Davis Webb is "legit."

"(I've) had several NFL people tell me that (Webb) is the guy they would want to coach," Savage said. Now the executive director of the Senior Bowl, Savage is involved in the draft process. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah recently spoke with two NFL executives who believed Webb has a shot at coming off the board on Day 1. Webb himself said last month he was a first-rounder by "double-digit teams." He's becoming a player to watch with the draft three weeks away.

Apr 6 - 4:25 PM

Not buying it, Mahomes is the dude.

8 minutes ago, peebag said:

Not buying it, Mahomes is the dude.

And I ain't sellin' BUT 

What SUCCESSFUL PRO QB has come from that gimmick offense as a Day 1 starter. You pick a guy in the first, he SHOULD be able to COMPETENTLY PLAY as a starter in his rookie year, no?

I like Mahomes, but NO WAY should he be sniffing the first round. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2017 at 5:45 PM, varjet said:

SR just needs to go in 2017.  He is not here in 2018.  This is a good, deep draft.  John Johnson of BC is mocked in the 4th-5th round, for example.  

If SR goes on a tear and wins us a game-that just costs us draft position.  He is not leading the Jets to the playoffs.

Macc should basically auction him with a 4th round floor. 

Sure and all the other slug jag DL that we have on the roster will take his place. 

Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers need to find a way to make it work successfully Mo-Williams-Sheldon. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sure and all the other slug jag DL that we have on the roster will take his place. 

Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers need to find a way to make it work successfully Mo-Williams-Sheldon. 

That's not how football works.  

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73

#Jets announce they signed TE Brian Parker. Was claimed off waivers from #Chiefs last Sept, but waived/failed physical 2 days later.

The Jets have signed free agent TE Brian Parker.

Parker, an Albany product who signed with the Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2015, appeared in nine games with the Chiefs in ‘15.

The Green & White originally claimed Parker off waivers from Kansas City last September, but he was waived/failed physical two days later.

Parker, a 6’4”, 265-pounder who is a native of Henrietta, NY, recorded 1,006 receiving yards and nine touchdowns for the Great Danes.

IIRC, this kid was the 1st TE the Jets signed during the season last year before adding Bowman and Tomlinson

What about sending Seattle SR and our 2nd round pick.......

Seahawks Looking For “Very Good Player” & High Draft Pick For Richard Sherman

Nate Bouda  10 hours ago DolphinsSeahawks 0 Comments

Update:

Ian Rapoport confirms that the Seahawks’ asking price for CB Richard Sherman is “very high.”

“Potentially a first-round pick,” Rapoport said. “Potentially a very good player on a low contract and a pick as well.

———-

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, citing an NFL source, reports that the Seahawks not only have fielded calls for CB Richard Sherman but have also initiated trade talks with teams.

According to Fowler, multiple people in the NFL believe it would require a high draft pick to get Sherman from the Seahawks. Fowler says that the trade talks range from “fact-finding to more serious.”

7 hours ago, Tinstar said:

IIRC, this kid was the 1st TE the Jets signed during the season last year before adding Bowman and Tomlinson

Yeah, he was only with the Jets for a couple days (failed physical)

Patrick Mahomes - QB -  Player

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain believes if Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, or Mitchell Trubisky is available at pick No. 25, the Texans will "definitely" take one of the three.

This isn't really going out on a limb since Tony Romo's sudden retirement has put the Texans in a bind at quarterback. They definitely had their sights set on Romo if he was released by Dallas and wanted to continue playing. It's now on to Plan B, with Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden atop the depth chart. McClain would "love to see" the Texans grab Mahomes, but he notes his stock is "soaring.". The Texans must come away with a potential franchise passer early in the draft.
Related: Texans

Apr 7 - 12:51 PM
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:
Patrick Mahomes - QB -  Player

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain believes if Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, or Mitchell Trubisky is available at pick No. 25, the Texans will "definitely" take one of the three.

This isn't really going out on a limb since Tony Romo's sudden retirement has put the Texans in a bind at quarterback. They definitely had their sights set on Romo if he was released by Dallas and wanted to continue playing. It's now on to Plan B, with Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden atop the depth chart. McClain would "love to see" the Texans grab Mahomes, but he notes his stock is "soaring.". The Texans must come away with a potential franchise passer early in the draft.
Related: Texans

Apr 7 - 12:51 PM

Image result for capt obvious

• Upvote 3

Deshaun Watson - QB -  Player

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller was told by an unnamed director of player personnel that the Bills are a "wild card" for Clemson QB Deshaun Watson at No. 12 overall.

As many as four quarterbacks are drawing first-round buzz including Watson, North Carolina's Mitchell Trubisky, Notre Dame's DeShone Kizer and Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes. Miller's source doesn't expect a "run on quarterbacks" until the 20s, but feels that Buffalo could buck that trend if GM Doug Whaley is "as in love with Watson as we hear he is." Of course Whaley, who is rumored to be on the outs in Buffalo, was against keeping Tyrod Taylor but was ignored by head coach Sean McDermott. In his article, Miller lists the 49ers, Bears, Bills, Jaguars and Jets as teams that will likely address quarterback in the draft.
Related: Bills

Apr 7 - 2:50 PM
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏@DWAZ73

#Jets announce they've signed CB John Ojo, who spent parts of last 3 seasons with Edmonton of the CFL. Played college ball at Florida A&M

Long slow DB.  Pre-draft 24 he was looked at as a FS/centerfield prospect.  The Seahawks apparently gave him a tryout in 2014 after he didn't make the draft, they love long leapers like this at CB.  He's a hell of a leaper.  A 10'5" broad and 41" vertical usually don't go with Teez Tabor speed.  Crazy wingspan, over 35" arms.   Not sure how he projects at CB.  Where are the Canadian dudes?  Who knows how he was up there?  He was already going to be an older rookie. He's 27 now.   

NFL.com draft profile

Pre-draft workout numbers

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Long slow DB.  Pre-draft 24 he was looked at as a FS/centerfield prospect.  The Seahawks apparently gave him a tryout in 2014 after he didn't make the draft, they love long leapers like this at CB.  He's a hell of a leaper.  A 10'5" broad and 41" vertical usually don't go with Teez Tabor speed.  Crazy wingspan, over 35" arms.   Not sure how he projects at CB.  Where are the Canadian dudes?  Who knows how he was up there?  He was already going to be an older rookie. He's 27 now.   

NFL.com draft profile

He was very good with the Eskimos in his one year here before getting hurt.  An Achilles injury though makes him camp fodder imo.  I would not give him a good chance to make the team at all, especially when we will probably draft a guy or two. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

NFL.com draft profile

How do you know these things??????? Like a wizard

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was very good with the Eskimos in his one year here before getting hurt.  An Achilles injury though makes him camp fodder imo.  I would not give him a good chance to make the team at all, especially when we will probably draft a guy or two. 

I am already on record as saying that achilles injuries are not always the kiss of death people make them out to be, but you certainly have a point.  Thanks for the insight.  I thought he was an outside chance guy before I knew about his achilles, but I like his measurables more than I expected.  Did he play CB or S for Edmonton? 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How do you know these things??????? Like a wizard

Sometimes I remember things. Other times I just scream "Go, go Google!" into my phone.  This time it was google.  nfldraftscout and nfl.com both will almost always have draft profiles.  I've usually read up on the guy within the past couple of years, so it is more of a refresh.

• Upvote 1

On 4/7/2017 at 3:58 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I am already on record as saying that achilles injuries are not always the kiss of death people make them out to be, but you certainly have a point.  Thanks for the insight.  I thought he was an outside chance guy before I knew about his achilles, but I like his measurables more than I expected.  Did he play CB or S for Edmonton? 

Sometimes I remember things. Other times I just scream "Go, go Google!" into my phone.  This time it was google.  nfldraftscout and nfl.com both will almost always have draft profiles.  I've usually read up on the guy within the past couple of years, so it is more of a refresh.

He played CB.

• Upvote 1