NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

Free agent ILB Gerald Hodges is visiting the Jets on Wednesday.

Hodges has visited the Chiefs and Seahawks in recent months but remains on the open market despite a strong season in run defense last year with the 49ers. He'd be a quality add at this stage of the offseason.
Related: Jets

May 10 - 11:36 AM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Free agent ILB Gerald Hodges is visiting the Jets on Wednesday.

Hodges has visited the Chiefs and Seahawks in recent months but remains on the open market despite a strong season in run defense last year with the 49ers. He'd be a quality add at this stage of the offseason.

May 10 - 11:36 AM

?

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

?

It's like those invisible ink markers you got in the cereal box as a kid back in the 80's. Highlight the text with your cursor and you'll see what was posted. I was bored.

JW12 is too obtuse to figure it out, so he takes a petty cheap shot. He's finally sacking up. lol. :D

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:
Navorro Bowman - LB -  49ers

The Ringer's Mike Lombardi reports the 49ers have "made it known" ILB Navorro Bowman is available for trade.

May 11 - 11:05 AM

His contract details:

Want a hard nosed player who is also a team leader and knows the position like no other... TRADE FOR THIS BEAST!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Want a hard nosed player who is also a team leader and knows the position like no other... TRADE FOR THIS BEAST!!!!!!!

Did you read the part about his coming off an injury, the second in three years and is scheduled to make $9.5MM?  I will pass.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Smartest Stupidest thing Gas2No99 @JoeWilly12 has posted in awhile....

⬇️

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

:rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

Did you read the part about his coming off an injury, the second in three years and is scheduled to make $9.5MM?  I will pass.

He's not the sharpest knife in the cupboard . . . . :lol:

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

maybe if he wasn't coming off of achilles surgery, after coming back from major knee reconstruction.... those 2 injuries together would scare me away if I were GM, oh and the $9.5 mil a year.

1 hour ago, GKnight83 said:

He would be the best LB on our roster, end of discussion. 

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

⬇️

:rolleyes:

He's not the sharpest knife in the cupboard . . . . :lol:

LOL and you are.  Are you institutionalized? 

58 minutes ago, Stark said:

maybe if he wasn't coming off of achilles surgery, after coming back from major knee reconstruction.... those 2 injuries together would scare me away if I were GM, oh and the $9.5 mil a year.

See above. 

2 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Seems ripe to be plucked for a mere 4th round draft pick, which are onerous anyway

12 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Daryl Washington...stud...knows Bowles....young....sign him

Stud? possibly

Knows Bowles? Yes, that helps

Young? Nah. He's 30 which is pretty old in the NFL. 

Sign Him? Considering his age and what we are trying to do, I am guessing we pass on a guy with multiple suspensions and domestic abuse issues. The only thing going in his favor is his history with Bowles, so it's a greater than 0 pct chance, but not much greater. 

44 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Stud? possibly

Knows Bowles? Yes, that helps

Young? Nah. He's 30 which is pretty old in the NFL. 

Sign Him? Considering his age and what we are trying to do, I am guessing we pass on a guy with multiple suspensions and domestic abuse issues. The only thing going in his favor is his history with Bowles, so it's a greater than 0 pct chance, but not much greater. 

Haven't you noticed how OVER 30+ years of age LBs have thrived under Bowles: in '13 Abraham was 35 and Dansby was 32 Shaughnessy was 27 and Washington was 27. in '14 they added 34 year old Larry Foote and he THRIVED under Bowles. 

Harris has been performing rather well for his age as well under TB. 

Free agent RB Stevan Ridley worked out for the Jets.

A Jet in 2015, 28-year-old Ridley was on the Falcons' active roster for one game last season. He simply hasn't been the same since tearing his ACL in 2014.

May 11 - 1:14 PM

Jets work out ex-Patriots RB Stevan Ridley, source confirms. Should they sign him?

Giants vs. Jets in NFL Week 13

The Jets recently worked out free agent running back Stevan Ridley, a league source confirmed. Could they sign him to provide some depth at the position?

Ridley, 28, began his NFL career with the Patriots, from 2011-14. He was with the Jets in 2015, when he carried 36 times in nine games. Last season, Ridley played in one game, for the Falcons, and had three carries. Can he revive his career in 2017? 

Ridley was limited to six games in 2014 -- his contract year -- by a torn ACL and MCL in his knee. The previous two years, he ran for 773 and 1,263 yards, plus seven and 12 touchdowns.

Coming off the injury in 2015, he ran for 90 yards with the Jets. He had just seven rushing yards last season. Will he ever be the same running back again, or even close to it? He is certainly working toward that goal, at least. 

Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan gave Ridley a chance once before, fresh off his knee injury in 2015. Will Maccagnan like what he sees from Ridley this time around? 

Last season, Ridley spent April through August with the Lions. He then was briefly with the Colts, late in the preseason. After being out of the league for almost two months, he caught on with the Falcons from late October through late November. He hasn't been with a team since. 

Which Jets pick will have biggest impact?

Ridley's workout with the Jets was first reported by NFL Network. 

The Jets' top two running backs are currently Matt Forte and Bilal Powell. The Jets also just drafted a running back, Elijah McGuire, in Round 6. The other running backs currently on the Jets' roster are Romar Morris and Brandon Wilds. 

Right now Brandon Wilds is our biggest back at 220+lbs. from South Carolina. 

can't we just start giving Powell the rock and try that out for a little bit? AND please stop bringing in guys to get the ball 3 times a game. Makes no damn sense. hell we signed Vareen not too long ago and that worked out well, lets do it again and waste a spot on the roster. I swear these god damn jets piss me off

11 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

can't we just start giving Powell the rock and try that out for a little bit? AND please stop bringing in guys to get the ball 3 times a game. Makes no damn sense. hell we signed Vareen not too long ago and that worked out well, lets do it again and waste a spot on the roster. I swear these god damn jets piss me off

NY GIants signed RB Vereen. WE signed Ridley in 2015. 

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

C'mon @BornJetsFan1983

I see today's your birthday. Don't let them get to you TODAY!!

Try to get in a more festive mood.  Happy Birthday.

IMG_0125.GIF

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Free agent RB Stevan Ridley worked out for the Jets.

A Jet in 2015, 28-year-old Ridley was on the Falcons' active roster for one game last season. He simply hasn't been the same since tearing his ACL in 2014.

May 11 - 1:14 PM

Jets work out ex-Patriots RB Stevan Ridley, source confirms. Should they sign him?

Giants vs. Jets in NFL Week 13

The Jets recently worked out free agent running back Stevan Ridley, a league source confirmed. Could they sign him to provide some depth at the position?

Ridley, 28, began his NFL career with the Patriots, from 2011-14. He was with the Jets in 2015, when he carried 36 times in nine games. Last season, Ridley played in one game, for the Falcons, and had three carries. Can he revive his career in 2017? 

Ridley was limited to six games in 2014 -- his contract year -- by a torn ACL and MCL in his knee. The previous two years, he ran for 773 and 1,263 yards, plus seven and 12 touchdowns.

Coming off the injury in 2015, he ran for 90 yards with the Jets. He had just seven rushing yards last season. Will he ever be the same running back again, or even close to it? He is certainly working toward that goal, at least. 

Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan gave Ridley a chance once before, fresh off his knee injury in 2015. Will Maccagnan like what he sees from Ridley this time around? 

Last season, Ridley spent April through August with the Lions. He then was briefly with the Colts, late in the preseason. After being out of the league for almost two months, he caught on with the Falcons from late October through late November. He hasn't been with a team since. 

Which Jets pick will have biggest impact?

Ridley's workout with the Jets was first reported by NFL Network. 

The Jets' top two running backs are currently Matt Forte and Bilal Powell. The Jets also just drafted a running back, Elijah McGuire, in Round 6. The other running backs currently on the Jets' roster are Romar Morris and Brandon Wilds. 

Right now Brandon Wilds is our biggest back at 220+lbs. from South Carolina. 

When you have a chance to sign a perpetually busted up RB and allow him to occupy the roster spot of a potentially better young player, you gotta do it.

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

NY GIants signed RB Vereen. WE signed Ridley in 2015. 

really wait god damn it, he was bad the first time, lol of course we are going to give him a roster spot, i mean he is worse than before perfect...

3 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

C'mon @BornJetsFan1983

I see today's your birthday. Don't let them get to you TODAY!!

Try to get in a more festive mood.  Happy Birthday.

IMG_0125.GIF

True dat, thanks bud!

22 hours ago, Barkus said:

Why work out Ridley? He sucked 2yrs ago. Unless he has been taking near lethal doses of hgh and steroids there is no way he has gotten better in the last 2yrs.

What harm is there in working him out?  He was coming off an ACL two yrs...Work him out now..Doesn't mean you need to sign him now or ever..

That's true, he was coming off an ACL.  Plus he's a quality pass blocker, which would be extremely handy in case Hackenberg or Petty, both inexperienced, get the job.   The Jets are probably more interested in his pass blocking than his running.

RB Blount reaches 1-year deal with Eagles

i?img=%2Fmedia%2Fmotion%2F2017%2F0517%2F

The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to a one-year deal with former New England Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount, the team announced Wednesday.

A source told ESPN's Josina Anderson that the deal is worth up to $2.8 million, with a base value of $1.25 million and incentives worth upward of $1.55 million.

"LeGarrette Blount is a tough, physical runner who has enjoyed a great deal of success in New England and we are excited about adding him to this football team," Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said in a statement. "We feel good about the depth and competition that we have created at the running back position and we are looking forward to getting the guys out on the field next week for OTAs."

The Patriots had issued an unrestricted free-agent tender potentially worth $2.1 million to Blount last week before the May 9 deadline that ensured the running back will count toward the 2018 compensatory pick formula. Blount was the only player in the NFL to receive the UFA tender this year.

A source told ESPN last week that clubs expressing interest in signing Blount had been vetting a deal structure that can navigate the compensatory pick calculation. It is unclear whether the Eagles structured Blount's deal in such a way as to avoid it counting toward the 2018 compensatory pick formula.

r142626_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570

LeGarrette Blount ran for 1,161 yards and an NFL-high 18 rushing touchdowns for the Patriots in 2016. 

Blount entered free agency after the most productive season of his seven-year career. He led the NFL with 18 rushing touchdowns, which was the highest total in the NFL since Adrian Peterson had 18 in 2009. He was the Patriots' top power running back, totaling 1,161 yards on 299 carries in the regular season.

New Eagles receiver Alshon Jeffery wasted little time welcoming Blount to the team.

The 6-foot, 250-pound Blount had expressed his desire to return to New England

The Arizona Cardinals also had showed some interest in acquiring Blount, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Blount, who turned 30 in December, has had the most success in his career with the Patriots, with whom he's had two separate stints. The Patriots acquired him in a trade with Tampa Bay in 2013, and Blount signed a one-year deal with the Steelers the next year, before returning to New England later in the 2014 season after Pittsburgh released him.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the only other player since 1933 to change teams after a season in which he was the NFL's outright leader in rushing touchdowns was Greg Bell, who went from the Rams to the Raiders in 1990.

In 100 regular-season games, Blount has rushed for 5,122 yards and 49 touchdowns.

ESPN's Mike Reiss contributed to this report.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Bills also have released T Cyrus Kouandjio.

The Bills released Kouandjio on Wednesday morning, according to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport. The news comes a few weeks after police found Kouandjio “not fully clothed” in a field after he apparently climbed over an electric fence. He received first aid at the scene and was taken to a local hospital for observation.

In January, Kouandjio underwent surgery to repair a hip injury suffered during a fall at his home. Then, in April, he was involved in a bizarre incident with police not far from the scene of an accident on Route 400 in Elma.

Kouandjio was not arrested, but taken to Erie County Medical Center for observation after being found in a T-shirt without pants (but wearing underwear) and wandering in a field after climbing over an electric fence. When an Erie County Sheriff's deputy went to detain him, a police source said that the 6-foot-7, 322-pound Kouandjio yelled, "Shoot me!"

With second-round draft pick Zay Jones sidelined with a knee injury suffered during offseason workouts, the Bills had to make a move to help their depth at wide receiver.

18 hours ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Bills also have released T Cyrus Kouandjio.

The Bills released Kouandjio on Wednesday morning, according to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport. The news comes a few weeks after police found Kouandjio “not fully clothed” in a field after he apparently climbed over an electric fence. He received first aid at the scene and was taken to a local hospital for observation.

In January, Kouandjio underwent surgery to repair a hip injury suffered during a fall at his home. Then, in April, he was involved in a bizarre incident with police not far from the scene of an accident on Route 400 in Elma.

Kouandjio was not arrested, but taken to Erie County Medical Center for observation after being found in a T-shirt without pants (but wearing underwear) and wandering in a field after climbing over an electric fence. When an Erie County Sheriff's deputy went to detain him, a police source said that the 6-foot-7, 322-pound Kouandjio yelled, "Shoot me!"

With second-round draft pick Zay Jones sidelined with a knee injury suffered during offseason workouts, the Bills had to make a move to help their depth at wide receiver.

Guy gotta stop smoking that K2.. 

Archived