NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

44 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Jets should bring him back. 

I bet they will have him in when he can work out.  He has played G and RT and seems to fit the mold they have been hitting up, like Orlando Franklin who signed with the Saints.

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

they might but they (current FO/CS) have no affiliation to him...

True, but he did play G and RT and they seem to love flexibility. I bet they have him in and offer him, but he gets a better deal elsewhere, which is fine. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I bet they will have him in when he can work out.  He has played G and RT and seems to fit the mold they have been hitting up, like Orlando Franklin who signed with the Saints.

True, but he did play G and RT and they seem to love flexibility. I bet they have him in and offer him, but he gets a better deal elsewhere, which is fine. 

He's also coming off some injuries....So who knows. "Howard, who had shoulder surgery in January...NBC Bay Area reported the shoulder injury and an additional ankle issue plagued him throughout the season"

Ravens agree to terms with arena league QB David Olson amid Colin Kaepernick speculation

David Olson has agreed to terms with the Ravens.

(RICK SCUTERI/AP)

The Ravens have added a quarterback in the wake of Joe Flacco’s back injury.

But it’s not Colin Kaepernick.

Baltimore on Thursday agreed to terms with arena league QB David Olson, according to NFL Network.

Olson, 25, appeared in two college games with Clemson in 2014 after getting beat out by starter Andrew Luck at Stanford, where Jim Harbaugh, the brother of Ravens coach John Harbaugh, was at the helm. Olson most recently played for the KC Phantoms of Champions Indoor Football.

John Harbaugh talks Colin Kaepernick as Ravens speculation grows

According to ESPN, the Ravens’ agreement with Olson would not rule out a deal with Kaepernick, the ex-49ers signal caller who remains a free agent following his polarizing national anthem protest last season.

John Harbaugh told reporters this week he’s been in contact with Kaepernick throughout the offseason and said he’d be interested in bringing him to Baltimore.

Colin Kaepernick is still waiting for a call from an NFL team.

(MARCIO JOSE SANCHEZ/AP)

“I’ve known Colin through my brother for many years,” Harbaugh said. “And we talked and then got to know him very well when he scrimmaged here. He and I have been talking throughout the summer a number of times. We had some great conversations on the phone and it’s really been a pleasure to talk to him and get to know him.

“I like history and politics, too, and we’ve had some debates, and it’s been fun. He’s a guy right now that’s being talked about. We’ll just see what happens with that. Only speculation right now. He’s a really good football player and like I said, I do believe he’ll be playing in the National Football League this year.”

KING: Mike Vick was actually right about Colin Kaepernick

Flacco, the Ravens’ starter and MVP in Super Bowl XLVI against the Kaepernick-led 49ers, could miss between three and six weeks with a back issue. Ryan Mallet, who is Flacco’s current backup, and Dustin Vaughan are the only other quarterbacks on the Ravens roster.

Kaepernick, who played under Jim Harbaugh for four years in San Francisco, opted out of his contract in March. Many players believe Kaepernick is now being blackballed for his protest against racial injustice.

The anthem protest was cited as the top reason (26%) fans watched fewer games last season, according to a recent survey released by J.D. Power. Off--field issues such as domestic violence came in at number two with 24 percen

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Ravens agree to terms with arena league QB David Olson amid Colin Kaepernick speculation

(RICK SCUTERI/AP)

The Ravens have added a quarterback in the wake of Joe Flacco’s back injury.

But it’s not Colin Kaepernick.

Baltimore on Thursday agreed to terms with arena league QB David Olson, according to NFL Network.

Olson, 25, appeared in two college games with Clemson in 2014 after getting beat out by starter Andrew Luck at Stanford, where Jim Harbaugh, the brother of Ravens coach John Harbaugh, was at the helm. Olson most recently played for the KC Phantoms of Champions Indoor Football.

John Harbaugh talks Colin Kaepernick as Ravens speculation grows

According to ESPN, the Ravens’ agreement with Olson would not rule out a deal with Kaepernick, the ex-49ers signal caller who remains a free agent following his polarizing national anthem protest last season.

John Harbaugh told reporters this week he’s been in contact with Kaepernick throughout the offseason and said he’d be interested in bringing him to Baltimore.

(MARCIO JOSE SANCHEZ/AP)

“I’ve known Colin through my brother for many years,” Harbaugh said. “And we talked and then got to know him very well when he scrimmaged here. He and I have been talking throughout the summer a number of times. We had some great conversations on the phone and it’s really been a pleasure to talk to him and get to know him.

“I like history and politics, too, and we’ve had some debates, and it’s been fun. He’s a guy right now that’s being talked about. We’ll just see what happens with that. Only speculation right now. He’s a really good football player and like I said, I do believe he’ll be playing in the National Football League this year.”

KING: Mike Vick was actually right about Colin Kaepernick

Flacco, the Ravens’ starter and MVP in Super Bowl XLVI against the Kaepernick-led 49ers, could miss between three and six weeks with a back issue. Ryan Mallet, who is Flacco’s current backup, and Dustin Vaughan are the only other quarterbacks on the Ravens roster.

Kaepernick, who played under Jim Harbaugh for four years in San Francisco, opted out of his contract in March. Many players believe Kaepernick is now being blackballed for his protest against racial injustice.

The anthem protest was cited as the top reason (26%) fans watched fewer games last season, according to a recent survey released by J.D. Power. Off--field issues such as domestic violence came in at number two with 24 percen

I say to Colin you an sign with us, but only if you kneel first :-)

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I say to Colin you an sign with us, but only if you kneel first :-)

I agree our QB situation is a mess there are are free agents better than what we have on the roster here on the street and I'm sick and tired of hearing about the Jets tanking in 2017. 

was w/49ers in '14 when Morton was there. not saying he's any type of answer or will even be brought in just connecting dots. 

Matt Maiocco‏ @MaioccoNBCS

League source: The #49ers plan to release WR Bruce Ellington today.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter  

49ers planning to release WR Bruce Ellington today, per source. Ellington is recovered from last season's torn hamstring.

On 8/3/2017 at 1:15 PM, C Mart said:

was w/49ers in '14 when Morton was there. not saying he's any type of answer or will even be brought in just connecting dots. 

49ers planning to release WR Bruce Ellington today, per source. Ellington is recovered from last season's torn hamstring.

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏@DWAZ73  

#Jets have claimed Bruce Ellington and waived/injured TE Brian Parker.

20 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders sign ex Jet Ik Enemkpail .  I hope  Derek Carr doesn't ever try to stiff him out of money he promises to give him.

I have become more disinterested in the NFL..from our team sucking, Goodel , PSLs,  Pats cheat, team fighting, calls of racism by players....  I could go on. 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I have become more disinterested in the NFL..from our team sucking, Goodel , PSLs,  Pats cheat, team fighting, calls of racism by players....  I could go on. 

Nothing a franchise Qb doesn't change your outlook on everything.   Guarantee all those things suddenly don't bother you as much.   Hang in there.

On 8/3/2017 at 1:15 PM, C Mart said:

I've always thought Slim Jim's should have a spin-off called "Ham Strings".  The ad can be "tear off a ham string!"

Sources: Dolphins, Cutler finalizing 1-year deal

The Miami Dolphins and former Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler are finalizing a one-year deal, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The one-year deal is worth $10 million, plus incentives, a source told Schefter. The two sides are expected to hammer the deal out shortly.

In May, Cutler had retired from the NFL and was hired by Fox Sports as a game analyst.

Dolphins coach Adam Gase has played a significant role in convincing Cutler of the reasons he should play for the Dolphins, sources told ESPN's Jeff Darlington. Miami also raised its monetary offer, sources close to the situation said.

As of Saturday, Cutler was reluctant about a possible return to football, although he hadn't made any decision with certainty. Aware of his reluctance, but after a day of no direct communication with Cutler, Gase was eventually able to talk to him.

The Dolphins targeted Cutler because of the likelihood that starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill will undergo surgery to repair stretched ligaments in his left knee.

Cutler, 34, started 15 games in 2015 with Gase as his offensive coordinator, throwing for 3,659 yards with 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He completed 64.4 percent of his passes.

Dolphins agreed to terms with QB Jay Cutler on a one-year, $10 million contract with another $3 million available via incentives.

It's believed this was the only situation for which Cutler was willing to come out of "retirement." He will not be calling games for a network in 2017. Cutler will be the Dolphins' starting quarterback, replacing Ryan Tannehill (ACL) with Matt Moore remaining in a reserve role. Cutler has a longstanding tendency to pepper big receivers with targets, making DeVante Parker an intriguing proposition as a player the Dolphins have propped up as their potential new go-to guy. Cutler, 34, is now worth a look as a two-quarterback-league play. He won't need much time to relearn Adam Gase's offense after the two spent time together in Denver and Chicago.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:51 PM, C Mart said:

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏@DWAZ73  

#Jets have claimed Bruce Ellington and waived/injured TE Brian Parker.

Didn't see it here, but he failed his physical and was waived/injured.  He was practicing with SF, so who knows.  He's like the 3rd SF WR the Jets have had in.  FWIW, Parker (Go Great Danes!) cleared and is on injured reserve.

The New York Jets waived Bruce Ellington on Saturday, a day after claiming him off waivers

FWIW, with the spot left open by Parker going on IR and Ellington failing the physical, the Jets signed Algernon Brown, a rookie FB from BYU.  He was initially with the Seahawks. 

The guy from gang green nation obviously liked him.  The kid is an athlete, he can catch and his highlight video is "fun."  He runs better than it looks on that video 4.61 and he performed fairly well in the jumps.  He is, suffice it to say, not afraid of contact.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/3/24/15057036/scouting-the-2017-nfl-draft-algernon-brown-byu

EDIT:  By "runs better than he looks in that video" I mean he is fast and does not look fast in that video.  Doesn't seem to have much wiggle, but he supposedly blocks and catches. 

49ers released C/G Jeremy Zuttah.

Related: 49ers

Aug 9 - 2:51 PM

DEPTH!!!!!

Baltimore Ravens[edit]

On March 23, 2014, Zuttah was traded from the Buccaneers to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a fifth round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft.[7] On November 18, 2015, he was placed on injured reserve with a torn pectoral, ending his season.[8]

On January 23, 2017, Zuttah was named to his first Pro Bowl for his efforts in the 2016 regular season. He replaced Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey.[9]

San Francisco 49ers[edit]

On March 15, 2017, the Ravens traded Zuttah and a 2017 sixth-round draft pick to the San Francisco 49ers for their 2017 sixth-round draft pick.[10]

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL)

8/9/17, 11:18 AM

Broncos interested in a QB according to some reports...what happen with all that "how great Lynch looked this spring talk?

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Trade them McCown for a 1st and a 3rd!

Trade them McCown for a bottle of water and some paper towel.

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL)

8/9/17, 11:18 AM

Broncos interested in a QB according to some reports...what happen with all that "how great Lynch looked this spring talk?

Petty will go there and stud.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

49ers released C/G Jeremy Zuttah.

Related: 49ers

Aug 9 - 2:51 PM

DEPTH!!!!!

Baltimore Ravens[edit]

On March 23, 2014, Zuttah was traded from the Buccaneers to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a fifth round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft.[7] On November 18, 2015, he was placed on injured reserve with a torn pectoral, ending his season.[8]

On January 23, 2017, Zuttah was named to his first Pro Bowl for his efforts in the 2016 regular season. He replaced Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey.[9]

San Francisco 49ers[edit]

On March 15, 2017, the Ravens traded Zuttah and a 2017 sixth-round draft pick to the San Francisco 49ers for their 2017 sixth-round draft pick.[10]

Unless he's hurt or something, Zuttah would start for us.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Unless he's hurt or something, Zuttah would start for us.

Yeah.  C is actually a position of need.  Besides the fact that Johnson is not an established starter, he is an UFA next year.  OTOH, Zuttah is 31, will be pricey and even though he made the pro bowl, I think they rated him out at 14th best C.  Niners got him for a swap of 6ths, so I assume if we'd wanted him we'd have him.  

That other free-agent QB wants your attention already

Robert Griffin IIIGetty Images

Colin Kaepernick gets the attention. Jay Cutler gets the job. And Robert Griffin III gets to work out furiously, apparently, preparing for a job that hasn’t begun to formulate.

The curiously quiet market for Griffin perked up recently — he had a workout with the Chargers in late July and was among the names the Ravens examined with Joe Flacco sitting out due to a back injury — but training camp is here, and Griffin’s career relaunch still hasn’t taken off.

The one-time alleged Redskins savior and last year’s latest Browns bust is now resorting to cryptic tweets to express his frustration with the lack of interest, saying last week he was “used” but will keep hustling.

ADVERTISING

His fiancee, though, is taking a more proactive approach, doubling as his agent to show NFL teams he’s ready — even after Cutler, who had retired, got a shot with Miami while admitting he was showing up to camp out of shape.

“SwipeLeft … The hardest working man I know!” Grete Sadeiko wrote Monday night in an Instagram post filled with pictures and videos proving Griffin’s been active. “He is grinding and working every single day and sometimes I ask him why is he putting himself through all these hard practices and makes sure he doesn’t miss a day and he always responds to me with ‘So when the right opportunity comes you don’t have to get ready, you’ll be ready.’ I admire and respect him in so many ways and he is my biggest motivation and inspiration to work towards my dreams and never give up. ❤️ You’re amazing baby!”

Griffin has been the forgotten man one offseason after he was a sought-after one. Griffin, just 27, got a lot of looks his first season removed from Washington before signing with Cleveland on a two-year, $15 million deal, but with just $6.75 million guaranteed. The oft-injured quarterback lived up to his reputation, going down in the season opener with a shoulder injury and not returning until Week 14. He was not impressive in his comeback, finishing the season with two touchdowns, three interceptions and a 72.5 rating, leading to his Browns departure.

Griffin wants to prove that peek — and his last days in Washington, when he was a shell of the dual-threat quarterback who burst on the scene in 2012 — is not who he is today. And when he’s not working out, he’s tweeting pointed motivational thoughts.

Archived