NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

Just now, The Crusher said:

Well after that he needs to change his occupation if he doesn't think he cant beat either of them out. 

lol Petty was way better College QB that he.....and he wishes he had the arm Petty has to hit outside hash

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A new offensive minded coach who was the assistant of the year...

The Jets have a staff that will possibly be gone in a years time. I don't think any QB in the league fears competition from Petty and Hack. They suck.

who do they have for QB - and whatever on the staff that actually came from dismal Browns please...

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

who do they have for QB - and whatever on the staff that actually came from dismal Browns please...

You're missing the point, clearly. He would beat out "Petty and Hack" just as easily as he'd beat out "nobody." The idea that he's picking the 9ers because of the competition Petty and Hack provide is utter lunacy.

Just now, peekskill68 said:

I'm getting close to the FU stage with this crop of FA QB talent and am thinking we should just take Watson at 6 and let him duke it out with Petty and Hack...

Should have been the plan from the start. None of these guys are worth the money.

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A new offensive minded coach who was the assistant of the year...

The Jets have a staff that will possibly be gone in a years time. I don't think any QB in the league fears competition from Petty and Hack. They suck.

If Bowles does get fired after this year so will the bran new offensive coordinator. So even if a guy like Petty, Hack, or some young kid in the draft shows some promise, he might be forced to learn a new system anyway.

We tear thru offensive coordinators. Schotty, Sparano, Morningweg, Gailey, Morton. All since 2011.

You're missing the point, clearly. He would beat out "Petty and Hack" just as easily as he'd beat out "nobody." The idea that he's picking the 9ers because of the competition Petty and Hack provide is utter lunacy.

no you are avoiding the Point - at 49rs Hoyer has clear shot to start 2017 even if they make a pick for QB

at Jets there would be QB competition where he would need to beat out Petty and Hack - which I think he would lose.

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm getting close to the FU stage with this crop of FA QB talent and am thinking we should just take Watson at 6 and let him duke it out with Petty and Hack...

You don't draft Watson at 6 though because the FA QB market is thin. You draft him if you truly believe in him.

29 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

eh Hoyer gone but you could speculate

1.  If they were serious about Hoyer that means they are serious about Petty\Hack taking over

2. Hoyer wanted to start so maybe he felt he would not beat out Petty\Hack

so looks like we are headed so far to Petty\Hack (my horse is Petty)

kinda of thinking the same way.  of course it could be that they will be drafting trubitsky or watson too.  or maybe not.  mac has got everyone guessing so far.  everyone is so focused on the qb what happened to all the other free agents who the jets might want to sign?

8 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

If Bowles does get fired after this year so will the bran new offensive coordinator. So even if a guy like Petty, Hack, or some young kid in the draft shows some promise, he might be forced to learn a new system anyway.

We tear thru offensive coordinators. Schotty, Sparano, Morningweg, Gailey, Morton. All since 2011.

schitty was there for 5 seasons.  why it took so long.......

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

kinda of thinking the same way.  of course it could be that they will be drafting trubitsky or watson too.  or maybe not.  mac has got everyone guessing so far.  everyone is so focused on the qb what happened to all the other free agents who the jets might want to sign?

they cant sign anyone until tomorrow unless that player has already been cut

39 minutes ago, rangerous said:

if they're planning on bringing in a vet expressily to back up hack/petty then does it really matter who?  to me it doesn't seem to.  just about anyone will work out for the right price as long as they have the right attitude.

I think they should sign Pennington, and give him a clipboard and a headset.

53 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

no you are avoiding the Point - at 49rs Hoyer has clear shot to start 2017 even if they make a pick for QB

at Jets there would be QB competition where he would need to beat out Petty and Hack - which I think he would lose.

LOL no, I understand what you're saying. You're just wrong. I was sarcastically making the point that Petty and Hack both suck and are clearly inferior to Hoyer. He would have nothing to fear from them. I assure you, nobody who isn't a Jets fan thinks Petty/Hack are better than Hoyer.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Offense needs a TE and a LT. They have everything else in house

they need another RB, possibly a QB and they need 2 TEs.  and that's assuming devin smith actually pans out - if he doesn't they need at least 1 more wr as well.

LOL no, I understand what you're saying. You're just wrong. I was sarcastically making the point that Petty and Hack both suck and are clearly inferior to Hoyer. He would have nothing to fear from them. I assure you, nobody who isn't a Jets fan thinks Petty/Hack are better than Hoyer.

well we shall see this summer wont we - who is right and who is wrong

Just now, Augustiniak said:

they need another RB, possibly a QB and they need 2 TEs.  and that's assuming devin smith actually pans out - if he doesn't they need at least 1 more wr as well.

They have ASJ in house. 1 TE. They already have 3 RBs.

Remember, competing this year isn't necessary.

Just now, SickJetFan said:

well we shall see this summer wont we - who is right and who is wrong

Well no, since Hoyer didn't sign with the Jets. Unless you're wagering that Petty or Hack will outperform Hoyer, in which case I'm pretty confident seeing as it's unlikley either guy starts for the Jets.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i am tired of hearing all the needs on defense.  they'll suck if they get 2 good cbs and new safeties b/c the offense has needs too.

We have needed a edge rusher for the last 10 years where have you been? The kid was a vital piece of the Packers D and had 11 sacks.

Well no, since Hoyer didn't sign with the Jets. Unless you're wagering that Petty or Hack will outperform Hoyer, in which case I'm pretty confident seeing as it's unlikley either guy starts for the Jets.

yes i am saying one of the Petty\Hack will out play Hoyer

Archived