Bills, 49ers, Jets all out of Glennon bidding

Gas2No99

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thadude said:

Your the one saying Osweiler is this big cautionary tale and why we can't sign Glennon yet he made the playoffs last year and won a playoff game -- his "stacked" team didn't even have its best player the entire year

Sorry if facts don't square with your amateur capologists argument

Correlation does not imply causation.  You're the one attempting to make a connection that simply does not exist.  The Texan's decision to dole out a big contract to Osweiler, who had a terrible enough season to get himself benched, played no positive factor in their ultimate ability to make the playoffs.  This is further supported by the fact that they also made it the prior season without him.  Using one circumstance in an attempt to justify another does not qualify as a "fact" by any definition.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Correlation does not imply causation.  You're the one attempting to make a connection that simply does not exist.  The Texan's decision to dole out a big contract to Osweiler, who had a terrible enough season to get himself benched, played no positive factor in their ultimate ability to make the playoffs.  This is further supported by the fact that they also made it the prior season without him.  Using one circumstance in an attempt to justify another does not qualify as a "fact" by any definition.

Ok well enjoy watching a $20 mil per year interior DL who skips meetings and takes games off and two suckass Qb's and Brianna Hoyer

Maybe we go 4-12 while the pats win their 6th super bowl and the Giants go 12-4 with Brandon Marshall.  At least we get Darnold?  Oh wait the 49ers still had a worse record

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I'm still going w/Matt Barkley as the bridge QB to compete w/Hack & Petty..Will know the offense from his USC days w/Morton/Bates..Alot cheaper

Good GOD that makes PERFECT SENSE. UGH! Barkley will make me want to stab my eyes out by the 3rd game. 

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Ok well enjoy watching a $20 mil per year interior DL who skips meetings and takes games off and two suckass Qb's and Brianna Hoyer

Maybe we go 4-12 while the pats win their 6th super bowl and the Giants go 12-4 with Brandon Marshall.  At least we get Darnold?  Oh wait the 49ers still had a worse record

Wait, the Texans made the playoffs with Brian Hoyer, so by your logic wouldn't that make him worth signing to a big contract?  I honestly don't even know what you're even trying to argue right now, because what you're writing does not actually make any sense.

What is this supposed to be, some sort of inexplicable support of Osweiler's crappy season?  Or are you just bitter because they're not signing Glennon, and so opted to nonsensically rant on about other things that have nothing to do with your feelings on a different player than you're even arguing about?  If you think Glennon is better than the other overpaid QBs of the past than so be it, that's your opinion to have, but that's nowhere close to anything you've said to this point.

I wouldn't have hated the Glennon signing if the Jets went in that direction. He's showed enough in his brief time in the league to warrant an opportunity to start somewhere IMO. But if the price tag go ridiculous, I didn't want the Jets involved. Glad they are out.

Unfortunately though, $14-$15 million a year is the going rate for a QB who isn't a rookie contract these days. The idea of getting Glennon for $5-$7 million a year was not realistic.

Mac had to put a marker in.  if he ended up signing for relatively cheap somewhere else JetsNation would have erupted.  So the Jets likely set the floor.

Simillar to the point Fitz made last year, if a team wants a QB to be their starter, they need to pay starter money.   That is what the Bears are buying.  I wonder if they lower their bid if they are the only ones bidding.

If they are smart its 2 years.  Can always franchise for 3 or 4.  

Do the Bears now take a QB?  Increases chances a QB falls to the Jets.

Draft picks are riskier but are alot less expensive than what the Bears will pay for a former 3rd rd pick.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I wouldn't have hated the Glennon signing if the Jets went in that direction. He's showed enough in his brief time in the league to warrant an opportunity to start somewhere IMO. But if the price tag go ridiculous, I didn't want the Jets involved. Glad they are out.

Unfortunately though, $14-$15 million a year is the going rate for a QB who isn't a rookie contract these days. The idea of getting Glennon for $5-$7 million a year was not realistic.

Glennon could be good in the right system.  If the Jets are now WCO, they need someone who can move around a bit more.  The Morton QBs have also been shorter.

It's really hard to pick isn't it. This vet QB thing could go a number of ways and no one knows what the Jets are thinking.

I was ok with Glennon but he seems out. Are we interested in Taylor, are we interested in Hoyer. Hell , we might be interested in Sanchez as a bridge (Doubtful cause of the history) but who the hell knows.

Going to be an interesting few days as it all comes to a head. And can't even rule out all the above and we go with Watson.

10 minutes ago, pointman said:

Good. Give me Watson.

I'm heading that way too.

Get the feeling Watson is going to be another Russell Wilson. I've got absolutely nothing in film or what system he ran etc to back up that claim, he just seems to have the 'it' factor for me. He seems to have 'Cometh the hour Cometh the man' intangibles.

His play isn't anything stand out compared to others but if I had to put the team in the hands of a Rookie, he'd be the one I'd pick and I'd pick he could handle it and ask for more.

I think he's a franchise QB just waiting to be picked. Just IMO.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I wanted Glennon but at the right price, with a team friendly deal. Happy we didn't overpay for medicore at best potential.

Now lets finish this tank the right way, sign Matt Barkely, go 2-14, and draft Darnold, Rosen, Allen next year.

You wanted a guy who you thought had mediocre-at-best potential?

7 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Or put your faith in QB's who aren't guaranteed to declare for the draft or a team going 2-14. These are all guarantees.

Name the last QB who is considered a top 1st rounder to not come out when eligible?  I'll wait till you count down to Andrew Luck, and Peyton Manning.

Forgot about Luck, but other then those 2 I can't remember any other QB not coming out when he was eligible to, and considered to be guaranteed top few picks of NFL draft.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think Glennon is a better prosect than Hackenberg. But he isn't a sure thing. So I like the process of the Jets having interest, following it but having a ceiling.

Good move.

Now if the price drops or if he doesn't want to go to Chicago, you can jump back in. But no reason to help drive up the price if you are actually interested in him.

I don't on almost any level

Archived