So who is the next GM and Head Coach

thadude

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We'd own, bro. OWN

My first act would be to fire the entire personnel department and replace them with a supercomputer known as DRAFTRON. By day, the computer makes all roster decisions. By night, the computer and I are lovers

28 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I'd like to see dbatesman as GM and TomShane as HC!

To be clear, the latter wanted to trade Noah Syndergaard for Todd Frazier, claimed Tyson Chandler was the second coming of Drew Gooden, thought David Harris was good against the run, and proclaimed Jay-Z as the man that would return the Nets to prominence. 

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

To be clear, the latter wanted to trade Noah Syndergaard for Todd Frazier, claimed Tyson Chandler was the second coming of Drew Gooden, thought David Harris was good against the run, and proclaimed Jay-Z as the man that would return the Nets to prominence. 

Is he a Yankees fan?

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

My first act would be to fire the entire personnel department and replace them with a supercomputer known as DRAFTRON. By day, the computer makes all roster decisions. By night, the computer and I are lovers

Does DRAFTRON know math?

50 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

You could replace our current front  office and coaching staff with a Commodore 64 and it would get similar results next season

58 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah, well, Bill Walsh drafted Gio Carmazzi once, so

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Will you have nodes that connect DRAFTRON directly to your cortex or no

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Newsflash, the team is being rebuilt and hard decisions are going to be made.  And

for once it seems Woody is going to allow it.  We've been "patching the tires" since 2011

and it hasn't worked

Dooesn't matter. HC is awful. The Bowltite regime will set us back 5-10 years.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Macc and Bowles will both be here in 2018.

I agree. I don't think Woody Johnson will interfere with a massive rebuilding project unless Mac totally swings and misses in the draft and Bowles loses control of the locker room. Doubtful on both fronts. I think Bowles will exert more discipline on a young team than he could with the veteran squad he loved in 2015. Mac I feel is a solid personnel guy who will build the Jets into a contender...and soon. Patience - not a trait of the typical Jets fan - is a must here.

I'm firing my resume' off tomorrow.  After all, I did at one time lead a Pop Warner team to a league Championship.

I'm hiring JiF as HC, Bitonti as OC, Crusher as DC, and of course the face, and voice of the franchise, as it's chief spokesman will be the Ape.

T0m can be............................................. Never mind

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

I'm firing my resume' off tomorrow.  After all, I did at one time lead a Pop Warner team to a league Championship.

I'm hiring JiF as HC, Bitonti as OC, Crusher as DC, and of course the face, and voice of the franchise, as it's chief spokesman will be the Ape.

Wow, I didn't even get a job in I.T. or the Marketing department. Rough crowd.

9 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I think the lack of activity signifies that Woody is ready to make a long-term commitment to Mac & Bowles -- we are rebuilding from the ground up

So Mac has to rebuild by first knocking down what he built?  Cool

4 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

I agree. I don't think Woody Johnson will interfere with a massive rebuilding project unless Mac totally swings and misses in the draft and Bowles loses control of the locker room. Doubtful on both fronts. I think Bowles will exert more discipline on a young team than he could with the veteran squad he loved in 2015. Mac I feel is a solid personnel guy who will build the Jets into a contender...and soon. Patience - not a trait of the typical Jets fan - is a must here.

I've been patient for decades

Maybe we will be allowed to get a QB in the year 2035 after the pats and giants each win another 5-10 Super Bowls

38 minutes ago, thadude said:

Mac isn't looking like an improvement

Wrong. Jesus Christ, this is so wrong.

Just because you didn't get your overpriced garbage QB in FA it doesn't make Maccagnan Idzik-levels of bad.  

Even if you dont like Maccagnan, if you can sit here and say with a straight face he's as bad as Idzik you have no idea what you're talking about.  Idzik was that f*cking horrendous.  Maccagnan is worlds better.  

5 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Best post I've seen on this forum in a long f*cking time.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Wrong. Jesus Christ, this is so wrong.

Just because you didn't get your overpriced garbage QB in FA it doesn't make Maccagnan Idzik-levels of bad.  

Even if you dont like Maccagnan, if you can sit here and say with a straight face he's as bad as Idzik you have no idea what you're talking about.  Idzik was that f*cking horrendous.  Maccagnan is worlds better.  

No

8 hours ago, flgreen said:

Al. I'm the coach. Tyson Chandler was actually highly overrated.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

No

Yeah.  He's not Idzik.  Even if he ends up getting fired eventually, he will never be Idzik.  No one will.  Sorry.  Idzik really was in a world of his own when it came to being a horrible GM.  Matt Millen esque.  At least Matt Millen drafted a future Hall of Famer during his miserable career.  

You're smarter than this.  There isn't a chance in hell you think he's as bad or worse than the guy who orchestrated our 2014 draft.  I'm not buying that.

For the people ripping Mac, who exactly did we miss out on yesterday that was a good signing?  All Mac did was show dicipline in not getting into the first day FA frenzy and waste cap space.

Ijalana is a good swing tackle and was signed to a one year guaranteed deal.  Other then that he set a number for players and is sticking to it.  Lets see what happens in the next 2 days before we judge 2017 FA

I think Macc did a good thing yesterday by not overspending.

That being said, and I have defended Macc til the cows come home on here, he needs to hit this draft. HIs drafts have gotten progressively better in terms of overall contributions from players all over the rounds, so let's hope this continues. People want to focus on the 1st and 2nd round picks, but you have to look at the whole draft, and he needs to continue to hit it

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

You're right. He's exactly three games better--or, in the parlance of butthurt Personnel Guy fanboys, "worlds better"!

It's really not even debatable, And that's not a compliment at all to Maccagnan, Idzik could be outperformed by DRAFTRON running on an 8088 processor, and with 1986 draft eligible players based on last name.

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

You're right. He's exactly three games better--or, in the parlance of butthurt Personnel Guy fanboys, "worlds better"!

2014 draft.  Look at that draft, how many picks we had, who we spent them on, who we passed up and try and to convince me that you aren't trolling because I know for a fact you aren't that stupid.  Saying Maccagnan is not as bad as Idzik doesn't have to be a compliment.  It just means John Idzik was really f*cking bad.

The only butthurt that ever pops up around here hasn't come from the people (like me and plenty others) that hope Maccagnan lands us a championship (or at least a QB) one day.  If he does neither, than on to next as far as I'm concerned.  This all started because someone else is still a**mad at Maccagnan didn't give Mike Glennon 14-15 million per year.  That someone isn't me.  I'm perfectly fine with not spending sh*t this FA.

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

It's really not even debatable, And that's not a compliment at all to Maccagnan, Idzik could be outperformed by DRAFTRON running on an 8088 processor, and with 1986 draft eligible players based on last name.

Exactly.

20 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Ok, well let's start with the fact that DRAFTRON outperforms every GM,  regardless of what processor he's running.

Archived