Jets release Khiry Robinson

Thai Jet

Khiry-Robinson.png

The NY Jets have announced that running back Khiry Robinson has been waived. Robinson ended up on injured reserve with the Jets, after he broke his leg for the second time last December.

According to Spotrac, Robinson was scheduled to make $775,000 this year.

Khiry Robinson signed a 2 year, $1,450,000 contract with the New York Jets, including an average annual salary of $725,000. In 2017, Robinson will earn a base salary of $775,000. Robinson has a cap hit of $775,000.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
TUu8PRLS8ks

Click here to read the full story...

3 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

The Jets, per ProFootballTalk,  have released RB Khiry Robinson. I suspect upon finding out Robinson promptly suffered another broken leg. I like him a lot before all the IR time.

This is one of those savvy, nuanced maneuvers that only the true masters of the game can pull off. Well done, Messr. Maccagnan. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc will re sign him next week and tout is as a big free agency signing.

Stop littering the board with your crap. Same stuff from you over and over and over again.

I actually really liked the guy.. he was more of a power runner vs. Forte.. I think that's one big thing that Ivory brought and teams had to bring in the linebackers to deal with him.  I don't think Forte really struck fear in any defense out there.. and still doesn't.

Anyway bad luck.. hope he lands on his feet.

It's a business, I know; I just wish people wouldn't treat players like injury = bum all the time.  They aren't always mutually exclusive. Not that anyone did that in a nasty fashion here, but it gets on my nerves in general sometimes. The only time that I got seriously pissed off over an injury, and it wasn't even a 'bum' thing, was when Pennington took a header vs. Buffalo. Slide, HOLEE, Slide 101, JEEZUZ!  I started tearing out my arm hair. Anyway, he got derided like he personally couldn't wait to be on the side-line with his arm in a sling, because, hey, he must like that sort of thing. It was ludicrous. Probably the one time that I was actually embarrassed to be a Jets fan was when people cheered when he hurt his ankle and hobbled off the field and then the same turds later said, oh, no, we were cheering because he was able to walk off.  Nice try. Despicable.  I wish Robinson luck and health. I'm sure he's pretty crushed. 

The other side to the injury coin is that not only do I feel sorry for anyone who gets hurt, I also feel sorry for ME.  Prime example, Kris Jenkins, Kris, Jenkins. Oh, God, instant GERD just thinking about it.  The unveiling of The New Dump/Jets Home Opener vs. the Ravens, we were in a luxury suite, Hertz  Gold Club, whatever the freak it was called. It was the Swan Song of our storied tailgate, because only a handful of us were renewing. One of the troop won the suite at a Jets charity auction and treated the rest of us. So, not only were we treated to that, we were also treated to Kris Jenkins blowing out his ACL, MCL, every other damn L in his knee, on what, the first play of the game? Out for the season! I couldn't believe it. Well,  yeah, I couldn't, but I could, if you know what I mean. Then I had to watch the Jets turtle, choke and lose 10-9 in a puke fest/snore fest combo on top of it. The cosmos not yet done singling me out for persecution, Jay Feidler and his buddies were in the suite next to us, and every time I felt the chunks rising, I had to see his big nose looming like the monolith in '2001: A Space Odyssey'.  

Image result for kris jenkins nfl gifs

Kris Jenkins, oh, what could've been. If only he'd stayed healthy after rehabbing his way back, I truly believe 2010 would've had a far different outcome.  Such is the life of a Jets lifer. Sometimes I think being a guest at Hotel Gitmo would be more pleasurable than going to home games. I'm probably right.  Aye, God, and people wonder why I own stock in Brioschi. 

8 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

I actually really liked the guy.. he was more of a power runner vs. Forte.. I think that's one big thing that Ivory brought and teams had to bring in the linebackers to deal with him.  I don't think Forte really struck fear in any defense out there.. and still doesn't.

Anyway bad luck.. hope he lands on his feet.

Just not too heavily.

Archived