AJ McCarron for Sheldon Richardson RUMOR

joewilly12

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

We will have to trade for a QB because no QB will come here of their own free will.  We are a dumpster fire being put out with blankets and dixie cups full of old gasoline.

Next season is going to be soooooo f'ing awful

ESPN's Rich Cimini believes the Jets would "consider" trading Sheldon Richardson for Bengals QB A.J. McCarron.

This has been a popular rumor for some time and is gaining more traction now that Brian Hoyer and Mike Glennon have signed elsewhere. The Bengals would have to sweeten the pot by throwing in a draft pick, but at least on paper, a deal would make sense for both sides. Outside of Cleveland, the Jets might be the most quarterback-needy team in football and McCarron would probably be more appealing than a declining veteran like Jay Cutler. With McCarron set to become a restricted free agent in 2018, flipping him for a stud like Richardson would be a no-brainer for Cincinnati. It's likely nothing will come of these rumblings but the rebuilding Jets need to consider all possibilities.

I heard the Bengals want a 1st Round pick fo AJ.   

That would be nuts.

Good teams need backup QBs.   If they sign after their contract is up, they get a 3rd round compensatory pick.   No sense taking less than that and need another good cheap backup.  

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

I heard the Bengals want a 1st Round pick fo AJ.   

That would be nuts.

Good teams need backup QBs.   If they sign after their contract is up, they get a 3rd round compensatory pick.   No sense taking less than that and need another good cheap backup.  

Problem is we don't have a decent starting QB so are we a bad team without one. 

On 3/10/2017 at 1:21 AM, joewilly12 said:

MUST WATCH!!!!!!!!!

If this video is a consistent representation of his game, Richardson should have been traded to Cincy yesterday. What the heck is Macc waiting for? 

I never really looked into McCarron like that, but these are some nice highlights. 

On 3/9/2017 at 7:46 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who cares about the fans. Why is the front office giving him away for Richardson????

Are we trying to turn a 2 win team into a 6 win team? Then mccarron is your man. But that seems pointless. 

You might have said the same about Brees, and Farve. Steve Young too. No one knows how good McCarron will be. He has a chance to be very good but no one knows. I'd certainly spend a 2nd on him to find out. As far as the Bengals FO, they will get no value for him if they keep him on the bench until his contract runs out.

Richardson is a special player. We don't realize it since we have had so much luck at his position, and he hasn't been used properly since his rookie year. He's worth a 1st, but I'd take a 2nd for him since he's not worth much to us and will be worth less next year. Same as McCarrin to Cinci. 

If I was the GM I'd trade Shelly now for a 1st in 2018 and trade my 2nd this year for AJ. We all know 2nd round picks are worthless around here anyway. I'd love to have a team to have a vested interest in rooting against all year. 

On 3/9/2017 at 10:25 PM, 20andOut said:

Just what we need, a third inexperienced unproven QB

well, people are going ga ga over garapolo and then glennon signs a really good deal not to mention osweiler last season. mccarron showed something when he filled in.

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

If MacCagnon pulls this off I will take back every nasty thing I ever said about him. 

That would be a beautiful announcement next week. How about this: Jets sign Hightower & trade Sheldon Richardson to Bengals for McCarron and Bengals 4th round pick? I'd be pretty pumped heading into the draft.

38 minutes ago, section314 said:

So, you guys are ok with trading an impact player for Hack's possible backup?

If you're going to lose him next year for at best a third round comp pick (and it's questionable that we'd even get that high a pick), you may as well trade him now for a midround pick and a QB with upside who can compete for the starting job. Especially if they don't want to use the #6 pick on this weak QB class.

I'd rather bring in McCarron than a dead end vet like Cutler. At least there's potential for him to be your long term starter. 

A league source told the Cleveland Plain Dealer the Bengals want a second-round pick "at least" for A.J. McCarron.
"We'll listen to whatever anyone is thinking," said the source. "We're not actively looking to diminish our football team by trading A.J. McCarron and that diminishes our football team. It has to be something we feel is valuable enough to warrant doing that." The Plain Dealer believes the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if they can't land Jimmy Garoppolo or Tyrod Taylor, in that order. Browns coach Hue Jackson spent time with McCarron in Cincinnati. Mar 2 - 8:43 PM 

They want a second round pick for him or so its been reported. I doubt they send any picks back even if they would do a deal for Richardson.

On March 9, 2017 at 5:37 PM, Charlie Brown said:

I fine with this because we had the worst QB play in the NFL last year.

Anyone other than Cutler I will accept................................

With Marshall gone the table is set for Cutler

Bengals want a second round pick at least for McCarron, Jets wanted a first at least for Richardson. Obviously Sheldon's lost value but the waters get muddied when you've got players on both ends of the trade.

If you can get the 4 you traded to get Shell back and McCarron that's probably better than a 3. I'd rather a 3 straight up than just McCarron. Don't want to give up a pick in any trade. And I do think unfortunately Richardson has to go if you can get anything for him.

Archived