mtwarlock31

Letting PSL Lapse and not Renewing Tickets in 2017

45 minutes ago, grinch817 said:

How did and where did you sell your PSL's? Thanks

Pslsource.com

Very painless and simple process. After I sold the tickets, I wasn't sure how smoothly the process would be working with the Jets. Per the PSLsource rep I worked with.. "I have been working directly with someone on the Jets very frequently." I received the payout about 2 weeks after I accepted the buyer's bid and about a week after the transfer was finalized with the Jets.

Obviously I took a substantial hit on selling the tickets, but I was already walking away from the PSL. I have the money, but have no interest buying a product (2017 season tickets) that has virtually no resale value.

19 hours ago, grinch817 said:

Do you have a contact I can reach out to? Thanks

Yes. PSLsource.com. 

I did not work with any of their reps until after I sold the PSL.

Honestly if you are trying to bail out of you PSL's at this point you just were either delusional when you bought them or are terrible at financial decisions.

PSL's were never and will never be an investment.

The odds of owning PSL's to a winning team are less than 38%

The odds of owning PSL's to a superbowl team are slim to none

The odds of feeling like you got a good value after 7 years was about 5% (if you thought otherwise shame on you)

I spent $30,000 (psl) on two seats and still pay $3,500 a year for tickets. I knew this cost in 2009 when we bought them and I knew it would be the cost for 1 win or 16 wins... if you thought anything else of the purchase or the JETS you were lying to yourself. 

I am happy to have some amazing seats, have had some great times and will have many more memories. It is a luxury purchase and I am glad to have the luxury.

14 hours ago, ECURB said:

Honestly if you are trying to bail out of you PSL's at this point you just were either delusional when you bought them or are terrible at financial decisions.

Who said they were an investment? Was curious to see who was walking away this season. When I got the seats 5+ years ago I was not traveling overseas 10+ times a year for work and unable to make games. People's commitments change over the course of their lives. Glad you have the next 30 years of your life planned out for you. Not my fault for wanting anything but upper deck season tickets for the few years I have been in the area while my father has been able to go to games with me, and I paid the PSL premium for it. But when I can't make half the games the next 2-3 years, can't sell them for 50% less the face value, or even GIVE THEM AWAY, what is the purpose of owning season tickets? Not everyone has the luxury of being able to go for the next 30 years. I do not understand why some people on this forum do not get that.  

14 hours ago, ECURB said:

The odds of feeling like you got a good value after 7 years was about 5% (if you thought otherwise shame on you)

I spent $30,000 (psl) on two seats and still pay $3,500 a year for tickets. I knew this cost in 2009 when we bought them and I knew it would be the cost for 1 win or 16 wins... if you thought anything else of the purchase or the JETS you were lying to yourself. 

The odds of YOU feeling good about your $30k purchase 7 years later are about 0%. I could buy a PSL and sit right next to you for 1/10th of what you paid. 

Enjoy the 2017 season. Go Jets!

16 hours ago, ECURB said:

I am happy to have some amazing seats, have had some great times and will have many more memories. It is a luxury purchase and I am glad to have the luxury.

What section are you 111A/115A?  If so curious of the view from there in case I want to cut my price of tickets per year in half down the road when kid gets a little older, and can brave the elements.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:53 PM, ECURB said:

giants disagree with most of your post