Another Question for the board

Tinstar

7 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

No one is signing here this year, read about what happened with Jefferson. 

According to Mehta that was Fake News. The Jets did not offer more money to Jefferson.

@MMehtaNYDN: .@NYJets did not offer safety Tony Jefferson $1.5M/year more than the Ravens, as he claimed to @Andy_Benoit. Ravens gave him 4-year, $36M.

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I thought Hightower was going to Tennessee.

I looked them both up on NFL.com and neither player has any team interested yet .  I would give Hightower the money Harris is schedule to make and Poe the money Richardson is schedule to make and keep Darren Lee clean in the middle and free up Mo wilk and Williams to take on single teams . Defense improved,  Pass rush improved and lousy secondary improved .

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I looked them both up on NFL.com and neither player has any team interested yet .  I would give Hightower the money Harris is schedule to make and Poe the money Richardson is schedule to make and keep Darren Lee clean in the middle and free up Mo wilk and Williams to take on single teams . Defense improved,  Pass rush improved and lousy secondary improved .

Interesting thoughts. Poe is good, no doubt. What are you doing with Sheldon? Also, Macc has kept things pretty quiet the first two years, wouldn't surprise me if some of what you are saying eventually happens.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Interesting thoughts. Poe is good, no doubt. What are you doing with Sheldon? Also, Macc has kept things pretty quiet the first two years, wouldn't surprise me if some of what you are saying eventually happens.

Seriously dude, that guy is not coming to my OTAs training camp .  I'm separating him from Wilkerson and Williams before things get any worst .

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

This can't work because Harris is making $6.5 mill this year. The pats already told Hightower to go test the market and then come back with numbers, you really think he's leaving them to come to the jets for anything lower than 10 mill a year? The pats have more cap space than us so they could easily pay that plus more.

And signing Poe will put us in the same position we're in now in 4 years. Overpayment on the d-line, what happens when it's Leo's turn to get paid? You gonna let him walk at age 26?

3 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

This can't work because Harris is making $6.5 mill this year. The pats already told Hightower to go test the market and then come back with numbers, you really think he's leaving them to come to the jets for anything lower than 10 mill a year? The pats have more cap space than us so they could easily pay that plus more.

And signing Poe will put us in the same position we're in now in 4 years. Overpayment on the d-line, what happens when it's Leo's turn to get paid? You gonna let him walk at age 26?

No, but Williams is 2 yrs away from serious conversation  . By then, Wilkerson will have decided his own fate .

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

No, but Williams is 2 yrs away from serious conversation  . By then, Wilkerson will have decided his own fate .

The quickest way to improve the defense is take either hooker or Adams at 6th, in the 2nd round we take Obi melifonwu from uconn (I know, another safety?) and the 2 picks in the 3rd should be a CB and and maybe a replacement at LB for Harris.

And if it's a youth movement then take a chance on Burris as the #2 or #1 at CB (he Looked good at the end of the season.) Lee and Jordan Jenkins should at least benefit from Kevin Greene being the coach so they should improve even a little bit, and Simon/McClendon split reps at DT. The only question mark in this scenario is Lorenzo mauldin. If he improves under Kevin Greene as well then we might have a pretty good front 7 filled with youth. And based on this our db's will be good too.

We still have Marcus Williams on RFA tender. He had a banged up year but was solid in 2015. If he steps back up our CB's don't look as bad as it seems this year. 

Risk the offense for a year, and just let the young guys play. Next year's draft will be littered with LT, QB talent (if Hack isn't our guy)

Archived