NFL Network: Cooks a Patriot (MERGED)

Dcat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

they have traded their 1st for him. Might be more. This has been the most active I have seen the Pats be in an offseason in a very long time.

Maybe it's because Tom Brady is about to retire and nobody knows about it yet. could also be the reason why Jimmy was not traded they could be going all-in for one more SB run.

I mean they're winning super bowls without these guys so on the bright side it already can't get any worse.

plus mac has capitulated and initiated the blow it all up rebuild- we have no shot for several years so if all goes right Brady will be retired in 3 years when our rebuild may be paying off.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Pats have now traded their 1,2 and 3 picks. Got a third back from Carolina in the KOny Ealy trade. Very unusual

Yeah, maybe they realize Brady only has a few years left and are loading up trying for a repeat??

Just now, Barkus said:

Yeah, maybe they realize Brady only has a few years left and are loading up trying for a repeat??

As Patriot Killa said, that might also be why they kept Garoppolo. Brady's got nothing left to prove as a QB. It fits the facts that this could be Brady's last year

Brady maybe retiring after this coming season. It would explain a lot. Gearing up for 1 more run so Brady and Belichek can cement their legacy as the undisputed GOAT at their respective positions Just to be clear I don't think Belichek will retire just Brady.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As Patriot Killa said, that might also be why they kept Garoppolo. Brady's got nothing left to prove as a QB. It fits the facts that this could be Brady's last year

Only thing left to do is ride out into the sunset with a SB win like Manning did. Think BB will pull out all the stops to make sure that happens. Why else would they be acting so out of character this off-season. 

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Pats have now traded their 1,2 and 3 picks. Got a third back from Carolina in the KOny Ealy trade. Very unusual

Gonna' get at least a 1 back for Jimmy G.

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Just wait...a boatload of picks will be coming their way when they trade Garopolo to the Browns

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Brady maybe retiring after this coming season. It would explain a lot. Gearing up for 1 more run so Brady and Belichek can cement their legacy as the undisputed GOAT at their respective positions Just to be clear I don't think Belichek will retire just Brady.

I could see it going both ways for Bill I think him and Tom are tired of the NFL tbh lol. Media in particular.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Only thing left to do is ride out into the sunset with a SB win like Manning did. Think BB will pull out all the stops to make sure that happens. Why else would they be acting so out of character this off-season. 

INdeed. Or they might turn and trade Garoppolo to the Browns and get picks back. I think those are the two options, but right now, I'm leaning towards your theory

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I could see it going both ways for Bill I think him and Tom are tired of the NFL tbh lol. Media in particular.

Could be. I just think if Brady does retire Belichek's and his ego will want to prove that he can without Brady. Maybe why he's keeping Garapolo. Guys an ego-maniac so I could see him thinking that way.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

and a 4th from N'Orlins.  I think it's worth it.  Basically giving up a 1 & 2 for Cooks and Ealy with an improvement pick round 3 and an extra pick round 4.  That's a freaking good haul for Belichick and makes them better.  

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maybe that undefeated season that eluded them?  Final FU to Shula et al?  Keeping an eye on Butler and Garoppolo.

Their first rnd pick is basically a high second rnd pick, and when they swap third and fourth rnd picks they're basically just moving back a few places so it's much less than it appears.  Further it's likely they'll get a third rounder back in two years when he gets payed..

what really matters here are the finances.  They are taking on cheap contracts with these players and now it looks like they'll be able to afford the rest of their FAs, like Hightower or say allow them to extend Butler or Garropolo.  It's just a ton of flexibility and is really quite a great deal across the board.

The biggest hitch is whether Cooks is able to learn their playbook...

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It was #32 and their 3 round pick for Cooks and a fourth

Reminder that the Pats 3rd rounder is the very last pick in the 3rd round.  So it's almost like a swap of 4th rounders (in addition to the #32 pick). 

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Jeez.  The NFL might as well just be the Pats league now,  Teams are going to just bend over and help them win every year.  At least they can't play other sports.

They'll keep winning as long as Brady is around regardless of what trades they make to help them win this year. 

Archived