NFL Network: Cooks a Patriot (MERGED)

Dcat

13 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Brady maybe retiring after this coming season. It would explain a lot. Gearing up for 1 more run so Brady and Belichek can cement their legacy as the undisputed GOAT at their respective positions Just to be clear I don't think Belichek will retire just Brady.

I disagree.  I think BB leaves with Brady.  Maybe BB goes to a President type position or something like that.  But I think he retires from coaching w/ Brady.  I could be wrong but we'll see.  They do want that 6th ring though to tie the Steelers.  And if they get it, I'm sure they'd love to pass them (and also be the 1st team ever to 3-peat).  If they can get to 7 with a 3-peat (and maybe add in a perfect season for good measure to make up for 18-1*) then there will be absolutely nothing left to prove.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Pats have now traded their 1,2 and 3 picks. Got a third back from Carolina in the KOny Ealy trade. Very unusual

I know their 1st and 3rd went in the Cooks trade but who did they trade their 2nd rounder for?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Funny and disheartening seeing Jets fans go mad on Twitter about this and the media goading them as usual.

Moves the Pats make mean nothing to us now, at least when it comes to this year

The BB/Brady Pats probably mean nothing to us at all for at least this year and next year (and possibly even a 3rd year).  There's a reasonable chance they both retire after another 2 years anyway so our days of attempting to knock them off their perch (at least a little bit) might already be over.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Funny and disheartening seeing Jets fans go mad on Twitter about this and the media goading them as usual.

Moves the Pats make mean nothing to us now, at least when it comes to this year

Very true and our time will come, but it will be when Tom and Bill are long gone. right now we need to focus on building and playing our cards right or it will be an even longer wait. If they win another SB..so be it. It's not like they are standing in our way from winning it ourselves in 17'. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Very true and our time will come, but it will be when Tom and Bill are long gone. right now we need to focus on building and playing our cards right or it will be an even longer wait. If they win another SB..so be it. It's not like they are standing in our way from winning it ourselves in 17'. 

Your screen name is "Patriot Killa" and you just made this post.

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They'll keep winning as long as Brady is around regardless of what trades they make to help them win this year. 

Yeah.  But the league doesn't have to set itself up to be taken up they alley.  If your doing business with the single most successful person every associated with football, wouldn't you think ANY DEAL he makes your going to come out on the bottom end up.  Teams stopped dealing with the Yankees is the 60's because they were getting ___ed so much.  You're just making it easier for them.  They'll break rules if they are there and they are are smart enough to work within them.  Got to give it too BB.

25 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who cares? We aren't competing with them this year anyway. I rather they give up draft picks and put all their eggs into winning this coming season. 

Obviously we're not winning anything but it's at least nice to watch the Dolphins and Pats lose. 

58 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Pats have now traded their 1,2 and 3 picks. Got a third back from Carolina in the KOny Ealy trade. Very unusual

Gave up and 2 and got a 3 back for Ealy so only moved back 8 spots. Gave up a 3 for a 4 in the Cooks move so moved back 15 spots.. going to get a few for Jimmy too. Pats win again

We should all be on board for 3 more years of the Pats winning the Super Bowl where Brady & Belichick are just bored into retirement. Until these 2 guys are gone, it's a forgone conclusion we have zero chance anyway. Of course our Jets end up in the same division with a QB we passed on 6 times & a coach that left the Jets by writing his resignation on a napkin. Ugh.

Go Pats, lol.

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

All I want to know is if we resigned Tanner Purdum. We did resign Purdum, right? Please tell me yes or no, I have to know.

What a wonderful ******* time to be alive.

The gap is closed bro, Purdum is back!!

The answer, is not now. It's build, aka Tank. Then hope we are bad enough to snag Darnold.

Look at the Browns, in a couple of years they are going to be really good. They are building the right way. Through the Draft, with a million draft picks.

Suck it up boys, I know we are going to be terrible, but let's put the foundations in. Instead of building on free agent sand as usual.

That's a nice move for them, have the cap space and I'm sure they can haggle some team to give up a first round pick for Butler or Garrapolo to offset the costs.  

I see their line of playing as being at a poker table with a massive chip count lead, so you can take more chances on hunches.  However, their hunches have been hit or miss, but they have such a big lead with quite possibly the best QB of all time, and a very good coach that they don't need to hit nearly the same rate as others.   

I'm not too worried because I have given up on this year for the Jets to be competitive.  They need a rebuild big time, and they need to find a legit QB.  The Patriots are already the best dynasty in decades, and quite possibly ever in football due to their longevity, so more winning isn't going to elevate them any further.  It's one of the downsides of rebuilding, and biggest reason why teams shy away from it because people find it hard (so do I) to admit their team just isn't going to compete much this year.  I'd rather focus on player development this year.  

11 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

At this point, if Belichek said the moon was made out of green cheese, he'd probably be proven right.:mellow: Maybe it tells you what the Pats think of this draft?

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The answer, is not now. It's build, aka Tank. Then hope we are bad enough to snag Darnold.

Look at the Browns, in a couple of years they are going to be really good. They are building the right way. Through the Draft, with a million draft picks.

Suck it up boys, I know we are going to be terrible, but let's put the foundations in. Instead of building on free agent sand as usual.

So the secret to a good team is draft well. And the secret to being a bad team is draft poorly. Also, never spend to the number that the NFL mandates that you spend to. **** em.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So the secret to a good team is draft well. And the secret to being a bad team is draft poorly. Also, never spend to the number that the NFL mandates that you spend to. **** em.

What's the big deal? Cooks is solely a slot receiver.

Archived