NFL Network: Cooks a Patriot (MERGED)

Dcat

4 hours ago, win4ever said:

That's a nice move for them, have the cap space and I'm sure they can haggle some team to give up a first round pick for Butler or Garrapolo to offset the costs.  

I see their line of playing as being at a poker table with a massive chip count lead, so you can take more chances on hunches.  However, their hunches have been hit or miss, but they have such a big lead with quite possibly the best QB of all time, and a very good coach that they don't need to hit nearly the same rate as others.   

I'm not too worried because I have given up on this year for the Jets to be competitive.  They need a rebuild big time, and they need to find a legit QB.  The Patriots are already the best dynasty in decades, and quite possibly ever in football due to their longevity, so more winning isn't going to elevate them any further.  It's one of the downsides of rebuilding, and biggest reason why teams shy away from it because people find it hard (so do I) to admit their team just isn't going to compete much this year.  I'd rather focus on player development this year.  

Great point. The Pats wouldn't be giving away all these picks if they didn't have a fallback plan. Garropollo could be it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so funny, the Pats are FINALLY doing what they should have been doing years ago and as usual people are fellating them.  If the Pats did their normal only sign bargain fa's and don't make huge trades they would be patted on the back as well.

If they took this tact in the past they might have a few more superbowls.

I will say on thing about how they do business, they always get some kind of pick back in their trades and they have no issue trading for soon to be fa in which they can get a comp pick.

And no, no one should just hand them the super bowl right now.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

so the saints bailed b/c they didn't want to pay him?  isn't cooks the type of player you want to keep, a 1st round guy who meets/exceeds expectations?

No, not when you have an UDFA who has exceeded expectations, a 2nd round rookie who just caught 92 passes for 1100 yards (exceeding expectations) and a pass catching tight end.

Archived