Jump to content

Hey, at least we're not dealing in false hope


Jetster
 Share

Recommended Posts

No pressure, lol. We all go into the season with zero realistic expectations. We're gonna have a lot of young guys competing & playing hard. Just imagine that Mike Glennon is 6 years older than Christian Hackenberg, lol. Crazy. That gives Hack until 2023 to be as accomplished as Mike Glennon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:
What a dick head. Fabiano sounds like a gay hair dresser from LA's last name. 

Profile picture for Michael Fabiano

Pats acquire Brandin Cooks. Jets get a kicker. And re-sign a long snapper. This sums up these two teams.
2 hours ago - Twitter

Just who is Fabiano and why do we care what he says?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to try to be optimistic about this team.  I am a fan and have been since 1960.  I will no longer try to be optimistic about them. I am tired of making a fool of myself.  They will have to overwhelm me for me to have any optimism.  And I would not give them a dime until they do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

No pressure, lol. We all go into the season with zero realistic expectations. We're gonna have a lot of young guys competing & playing hard. Just imagine that Mike Glennon is 6 years older than Christian Hackenberg, lol. Crazy. That gives Hack until 2023 to be as accomplished as Mike Glennon.

It should only take Hack about 10 games to surpass that lofty goal. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

No pressure, lol. We all go into the season with zero realistic expectations. We're gonna have a lot of young guys competing & playing hard. Just imagine that Mike Glennon is 6 years older than Christian Hackenberg, lol. Crazy. That gives Hack until 2023 to be as accomplished as Mike Glennon.

Difference between last year and this year.

Last year expectations were high after coming off a 10-6 season that should have been 11-5 and a playoff berth.

This year expectations are low.  Hopefully the Jets will over-deliver.

Much more fun rooting for an underdog team than one that underperforms.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

It should only take Hack about 10 games to surpass that lofty goal. 

Lol. I was thinking, here we are with this youngster, who has all the tools, good size, good arm, smarts who literally JUST TURNED 22 years old, and we have people who want to sign a guy who's 6 years older, hasn't proven much, 15 million dollars. This shortage of QBs is depressing. I still can't believe a team like the Jets haven't put together a QB coaching group. How much could it cost? It doesn't count against the cap! Overpay some very smart guys who's sole job is to coach & mentor your young QB. I would think someone like Chad Pennington would be good at that? Or Gruden? Just give him a sh*tload of money. It's obvious NO TEAM is winning a Super Bowl without a Franchise QB, why aren't we doing everything possible to help Christian Hackenberg? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Difference between last year and this year.

Last year expectations were high after coming off a 10-6 season that should have been 11-5 and a playoff berth.

This year expectations are low.  Hopefully the Jets will over-deliver.

Much more fun rooting for an underdog team than one that underperforms.

I agree, I'm looking forward to seeing guys like Leo, Lee, Jenkins, Simon, Burris, Anderson, Enunwa, Peake, Smith, Johnson, Winters, Shell, hopefully Hack, develop as the year progresses. I just want to see improvement, they don't have to win, just play hard, improve & hopefully we see a few rookies from our 2017 draft flash. It's all about Hackenberg though, I don't think Petty has IT. I believe we'll be in position for a top QB in 2018. Build the base & hope we fall into a Seattle Seahawk like rebuild when they got lucky with Wilson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Belichick is all "ugh, if only I had a Robby Anderson"

I am a huge fan of Brandin Cooks.  Think he is going to kill it in NE. 

But I don't think you should sell Robby Anderson short.  I think most of the Jets roster is drek.  But I have high hopes for Robby.  He has the "undrafted" edge with blazing speed, and separates rather effortlessly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:
What a dick head. Fabiano sounds like a gay hair dresser from LA's last name. 

Profile picture for Michael Fabiano

Pats acquire Brandin Cooks. Jets get a kicker. And re-sign a long snapper. This sums up these two teams.
2 hours ago - Twitter

Agreed, if we would have traded for Cooks we would have gone 13-3 this coming season... Not sure what's worse, the morons on twitter or the people that re-tweet their stupidity. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which is why all the Jets fans freaking out on Twitter is funny in a sad way. 

EXACTLY! Like signing Hoyer, Gilmore and Nick Perry were gonna have us contend for the title. Don't they see we've used band aids for bullet wounds for decades now and it hasn't worked?

Time to be patient and rehab the right way.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jack48 said:

I used to try to be optimistic about this team.  I am a fan and have been since 1960.  I will no longer try to be optimistic about them. I am tired of making a fool of myself.  They will have to overwhelm me for me to have any optimism.  And I would not give them a dime until they do

I am in as long as you as a Jets fan.  Good luck to all.

 

 

SUCK FOR SAM 0-16  IN 2017

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...