Kizer in rd 2 instead of signing Cutler

thadude

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

Yes

What makes you assume Hack is a bust without seeing him play a single meaningful snap in the NFL. I mean, its fine if you don;t like the pic or the player or whatever, but to call someone a bust before they actually get a shot to play is asinine. And its not like Hack has been in the league 3-4 years and simply has not been able to break through as a starter. He's been in the league exactly one season. That's nothing for a rookie QB. I don't care what kind of garbage QBs were ahead of him, you get dropped down in the depth chart strictly b/c you are rookie. Sometimes its even the #1 overall pick (Goff). Its not like the Rams had a Pro Bowler QB while Goff sat. So does that make Goff a bust??

I agree that Hack was not ready to start last year. I agree that Hack is wildly inconsistent, specifically with his accuracy. Yes, he could prove to be a bust.

But to suggest that he is a bust right now is absolutely ludicrous. Its stupid.   

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, PepPep said:

What makes you assume Hack is a bust without seeing him play a single meaningful snap in the NFL. I mean, its fine if you don;t like the pic or the player or whatever, but to call someone a bust before they actually get a shot to play is asinine. And its not like Hack has been in the league 3-4 years and simply has not been able to break through as a starter. He's been in the league exactly one season. That's nothing for a rookie QB. I don't care what kind of garbage QBs were ahead of him, you get dropped down in the depth chart strictly b/c you are rookie. Sometimes its even the #1 overall pick (Goff). Its not like the Rams had a Pro Bowler QB while Goff sat. So does that make Goff a bust??

I agree that Hack was not ready to start last year. I agree that Hack is wildly inconsistent, specifically with his accuracy. Yes, he could prove to be a bust.

But to suggest that he is a bust right now is absolutely ludicrous. Its stupid.   

Chris Hackenberg sucks d-ck

21 hours ago, jets rooter said:

Jets will get lucky and draft davis webb q.b. from California in the 5th round.He will turn out to be the best of the bunch.Mark my words he has all the tools to succeed.

maybe, but he had to transfer because Mahomes was better.. who knows in the end but this sounds like a stretch

On March 15, 2017 at 7:57 AM, PepPep said:

It's all fine and dandy to just throw out insults but it only makes you sound like you have no legitimate argument to support your case. 

The legitimate argument is Hack couldn't look capable facing practice squad bums

47 minutes ago, thadude said:

The legitimate argument is Hack couldn't look capable facing practice squad bums

I disagree. I think he looked like a rookie, made rookie mistakes, was inconsistent with his accuracy, and needed to improve on his pocket awareness (like most young QBs). 

But that's the bad. There was a lot of good as well. 

Hack showed he can 'make all the throws'- he threw some bombs, he threw a beautiful fade to Anderson for a TD, he threw some lasers down the middle of the field, etc.

He showed that he can come up to the line, read the defense and change the play. Showed good command of the offense.  

He showed he can go through his progressions. Something I still haven't see from Geno and something you often don't see from rookies. 

He showed he is not 'shell-shocked'. He stood in the pocket and delivered the ball. So while his pocket awareness is not all there (that will come in time) his pocket presence was. He did not fold under pressure. This was one concern I had in particular with Hack b/c of the beating he took behind an awful O-line at Penn State. 

Although he was playing against 'practice squad bums' he was also playing WITH practice squad bums, and had multiple passes dropped and considerable pressure playing behind backups on the o-line.

Could he have done better in his pre-season debut? Sure. Was he awful, not really. I saw a lot of promise. Clearly, you did not, but all you have said is that he 'sucks d***k' which just makes you sound like an ass. 

No. Kizer looked like hot trash at the combine and validated a lot of concerns. He's not a "round 2" qb and this fcking team is not taking another "mid round" QB.

You either go for broke and get the "the guy" in rnd 1 or a developmental type in 4-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On March 11, 2017 at 0:50 PM, T0mShane said:

Cutler can play and is an a$$hole. Kizer is from Notre Dame and is an a$$hole that can't play.

Love this comment from the guy who was screaming for us to give Mo a $100 million payday

If you watched an interview of Kizer he's an intelligent personable guy

On 3/13/2017 at 0:50 PM, PepPep said:

What do you base that on? Seems like a silly blanket statement about a player who has not even played a single meaningful NFL snap and has only been in the league for one season. Would you say Goff is also a miserable waste of time? Just curious how you justify that. 

How on god's green earth can you possibly assume Kizer or Watson are guys who will be 'effective and productive' right away?

Hack is a waste of time but Kizer or Watson will step right in and be 'effective and productive' right away? LMFAO. 

But but but Hack has no real rating on Maden so how could he be any good. So there is your rational of zero upside to Hack. Till I see on the field little to no promise from from Hack I will give Mac a pass on the pick. He has brought in a youth movement not given out contracts with long term cap implications swings for the fences in year one, year 2 saw things fall apart and is cleaning house let's wait and see how the rebuild progress will it show promise I believe so 

On March 27, 2017 at 9:39 PM, Bocajetfan said:

But but but Hack has no real rating on Maden so how could he be any good. So there is your rational of zero upside to Hack. Till I see on the field little to no promise from from Hack I will give Mac a pass on the pick. He has brought in a youth movement not given out contracts with long term cap implications swings for the fences in year one, year 2 saw things fall apart and is cleaning house let's wait and see how the rebuild progress will it show promise I believe so 

The "anyone who disagrees with me is a 10-year old who plays Madden" argument is sooooo 2005

On 3/27/2017 at 8:36 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

30 year Scout (9 as head of Bears) opinion here:

Greg Gabriel in 5 years: "I stand by my opinion. IF Kizer was put in a different situation, there's no doubt in my mind that he would have been the best quarterback from that draft class. Obviously that didn't happen, but the kid had all the ability in the world."

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Greg Gabriel in 5 years: "I stand by my opinion. IF Kizer was put in a different situation, there's no doubt in my mind that he would have been the best quarterback from that draft class. Obviously that didn't happen, but the kid had all the ability in the world."

Is that the guy who drafted Rex Grossman? Yeah, I'd listen to what he has to say.:D

4 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Probably not. Kizer is already improving and fixing his issues that he had at the combine at his pro day and impressed scouts there with his work ethic to do so. 

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Is that the guy who drafted Rex Grossman? Yeah, I'd listen to what he has to say.:D

Scouts don't draft players. GMs do. As scouting director he oversaw a lot of great talent for the Bears. He also said a few seasons ago that Derek Carr was going to be the best QB in that draft class. 

On March 29, 2017 at 8:37 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Probably not. Kizer is already improving and fixing his issues that he had at the combine at his pro day and impressed scouts there with his work ethic to do so. 

Scouts don't draft players. GMs do. As scouting director he oversaw a lot of great talent for the Bears. He also said a few seasons ago that Derek Carr was going to be the best QB in that draft class. 

And Rex Grossnan had a better career than all 3 of our Qb's will ever have combined

Bucky Brooks has Watson at #1, go figure

1. Deshaun Watson, Clemson 
2. DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame 
3. Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina 
4. Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech 
5. Davis Webb, Cal

Rise: Watson (2), Mahomes (5), Webb (NR)
Fall: Kizer (1), Brad Kaaya, Miami (4)

There aren't any sure-fire franchise quarterbacks in the 2017 class, but there are plenty of intriguing developmental candidates. Watson is a big-game player with a knack for delivering his best performances in his team's biggest games. Despite scouts' concerns about his turnover woes and inconsistent ball placement, he earns rave reviews for his leadership skills and unshakeable confidence. Trubisky is highly regarded in the scouting community as a big, athletic passer with impressive pocket-passing skills. He lacks extensive playing experience, but his accuracy and arm talent makes him an enticing option as a QB1 candidate. Mahomes has shot up the charts due to his exceptional arm talent as a fearless gunslinger. Coaches are smitten by his raw ability and some believe he could develop into a Matthew Stafford-like playmaker down the road.

Brian Kelly: DeShone Kizer should have stayed at Notre Dame for another season

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19070389/brian-kelly-deshone-kizer-stayed-notre-dame-fighting-irish

Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly says quarterback DeShone Kizer should have stayed with the Fighting Irish for another season rather than turning pro as a redshirt sophomore.

"He should still be in college. ... He needs more time to grow in so many areas, not just on the field but off the field," Kelly told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday.

Kelly said he recommended Kizer get more playing time at Notre Dame but added that he supported the quarterback's choice.

"Once a decision was made, we were united and we went to work to put him in the best situation," Kelly said.

When Kizer declared in December that he would enter the draft, ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay both said Kizer should have returned to Notre Dame for another season, though McShay listed Kizer as his No. 3 quarterback prospect last month.

Kizer started 23 games for the Fighting Irish, going 12-11. He threw for 5,809 yards with 47 touchdowns and 19 interceptions, adding 992 rushing yards and 18 scores on the ground.

Kelly touted Kizer as having the best skill set among NFL quarterback prospects, saying he would fit well if a team can draft him and give him time to develop.

"He's got a strong arm. Physically he's gifted," Kelly said. "He's got all those tools that you're looking for at the quarterback position."

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

Brian Kelly: DeShone Kizer should have stayed at Notre Dame for another season

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19070389/brian-kelly-deshone-kizer-stayed-notre-dame-fighting-irish

Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly says quarterback DeShone Kizer should have stayed with the Fighting Irish for another season rather than turning pro as a redshirt sophomore.

"He should still be in college. ... He needs more time to grow in so many areas, not just on the field but off the field," Kelly told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday.

Kelly said he recommended Kizer get more playing time at Notre Dame but added that he supported the quarterback's choice.

"Once a decision was made, we were united and we went to work to put him in the best situation," Kelly said.

When Kizer declared in December that he would enter the draft, ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay both said Kizer should have returned to Notre Dame for another season, though McShay listed Kizer as his No. 3 quarterback prospect last month.

Kizer started 23 games for the Fighting Irish, going 12-11. He threw for 5,809 yards with 47 touchdowns and 19 interceptions, adding 992 rushing yards and 18 scores on the ground.

Kelly touted Kizer as having the best skill set among NFL quarterback prospects, saying he would fit well if a team can draft him and give him time to develop.

"He's got a strong arm. Physically he's gifted," Kelly said. "He's got all those tools that you're looking for at the quarterback position."

Kizer may have stayed if Notre Dame fired Brian Kelly like they should have. I take everything he says with a huge grain of salt and a shot of tequila as a jilted coach. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I've said it before, its going to be real interesting when the Jets pick in the 2nd round rolls up and one of the top QBs has fallen to that spot.  Do they have the balls to draft a guy there?

I'd rather they take a potential starter at another position then another long shot project at QB. Take one day 3 if you want a QB. 

34 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I'd rather they take a potential starter at another position then another long shot project at QB. Take one day 3 if you want a QB. 

Obviously if you think all of these guys are long shots.  I actually think most of the top 4 or 5 are way better prospects than hackeburg.

17 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Problem is all 3 Qb's on our roster are long shots to not suck

On 3/11/2017 at 8:58 PM, nycdan said:

So if we draft him, you're okay with cutting Hack or Petty?  It would be one thing if we took a guy in the top-10 to do that, but taking a guy in the 2nd to cut another guy we took in the 2nd last year feels like a shell game.

Gotta be done.  Get some competition in here and low man gets cut.  Petty's in his 3rd year if he can't beat out Kizer, or Hack, he should be gone.   If he does, I don't mind keeping a 4th QB.  New England did once and that 4th QB ended up being Tom Brady. 

On 4/6/2017 at 2:59 PM, Beerfish said:

Obviously if you think all of these guys are long shots.  I actually think most of the top 4 or 5 are way better prospects than hackeburg.

Kizer is probably as far away as Hackenberg in being able to play. He was brutal last year...I don't see how anyone uses a high pick on him.

On 3/11/2017 at 6:04 PM, thadude said:

Or Watson but I doubt he falls to rd 2

Sorry guys I can't do 16 weeks of Cutler, Hack and Petty.  I love life too much to endure that abject torture

Been watching alot more of Deshone Kizer. Do you know who he reminds me of? 

Geno Smith. 

He's throws some very nice anticipatory passes, but the more I've watched Kizer, the more he looks like Geno Smith on the football field. Not saying that in a bad way, just his playstyle is very Genoesque. 

Archived