NT Jonathan Hankins

Tinstar

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

You aren't sold on Simon? 

It's a hard position to play and Demands 2 similar type guys  Right now we have Simon and McClendon  who's more of a DT than a NT . I like Simon who is 26 going on 27 as the lead dog but I would prefer a more traditional type NT as a complement and Hankins who's 24 going on 25 fits that mold . Also, Mac is 31  and it's out with the old season in Jet land .

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

It's a hard position to play and Demands 2 similar type guys  Right now we have Simon and McClendon  who's more of a DT than a NT . I like Simon who is 26 going on 27 as the lead dog but I would prefer a more traditional type NT as a complement and Hankins who's 24 going on 25 fits that mold . Also, Mac is 31  and it's out with the old season in Jet land .

Ok. I hear ya. Tony Pauline has been reporting the Jets have been scouting out last round DT/NT types  

Defensive tackle Rod Henderson measured 6004 and 339 pounds, down some 35 pounds from his playing weight. He completed 26 reps on the bench and posted a 28-inch vertical jump and 8-foot-1 in the broad jump. His 40 time of 5.22s included a 10-yard split of 1.79s. Henderson ran a time of 4.82s in the short shuttle.

I’m told Henderson looked exceptional during drills, displaying great quickness and solid movement skills. The Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs and Tennessee Titans were on hand for Henderson. This is the second time this week I’ve reported the Jets and Seahawks on hand to see a late-round/free agent wide-bodied NT/DT.

Pro Day March 10: UPDATE - Tulsa & Alabama State | Draft Analyst from Draft Analyst’s Tweet 

Archived