What Could Excite You For 2017?

Warfish

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

So the question is, what could the Jets do, between today and opening day 2017, that would excite you about the 2017 season?

Clearly, we're in the midst of a tear down (salary and old man dump) and rebuild (going young, going cheap).

Generally, fans are excited about the "refresh" part of a rebuild, but not the painful period of losing that a rebuild creates.

So what could the Jets do within this structure (a rebuild, low cost, young players) that would excite you about watching in 2017?

I want to come out of 2017 with:

1.  Absolute validation that Petty and Hackenberg are/aren't potential franchise quarterbacks.
2.  Absolute validation that as a low-pressure rebuilding team Todd Bowles can motivate.
3.  Absolute validation that Wilkerson and Richardson buy-in and give 100% effort.

That's what will get me excited about 2017.  Go 2-14 if you must, but be a team, respect your coach, play hard.

SAR I

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I promised my little ones an Orlando trip this year during Thanksgiving or Christmas. The only thing I am looking forward to is the schedule release to see when we are playing Tampa. If God loves me even tiny bit, we will play them on either Thanksgiving weekend or Christmas weekend. 

3 hours ago, Komba said:

QB is everything so drafting a QB would go a long way for me towards that.  Either way I'll be interested in watching guys like Lee and Leo get better.

Personally don't buy the idea that the QB's in this draft are all that bad.  In the same vein, I think the RB position is very overrated, especially someone like Fournette. (Cook will be good but has concerns like the shoulder and fumbles).  Actually really love Joe Williams from Utah although him wanting to quit before this past college season will have to be checked out.

And I don't even just like taking a QB for the sake of doing so.  I like Trubisky and Watson a lot.  Watson personally like a ton but I could see a scenario where Trubisky turns into a top ten guy too.  Both are good with the pocket, OK when a free runner comes, solid arms, quick releases.  All the necessary things you MUST have to translate success to the next level.  

This notion that we shouldnt' take a QB now because we aren't ready to compete is lunacy... The only thing that separates good teams from bad ones nowadays is the QB position. You can have an aberration of a season, but you can't sustain success without a top QB.  Just keep swinging at the pinata with educated guesses until you get lucky.

it kind of depends where the qb is taken.  i think the jets ought to grab another qb it just a matter of them thinking hack is the guy or not. there is no guarantee that they will have the 6 pick or better next season so if hack is marginal and they have a chance at trubitsky or watson they need to grab him.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I want to come out of 2017 with:

1.  Absolute validation that Petty and Hackenberg are/aren't potential franchise quarterbacks.
2.  Absolute validation that as a low-pressure rebuilding team Todd Bowles can motivate.
3.  Absolute validation that Wilkerson and Richardson buy-in and give 100% effort.

That's what will get me excited about 2017.  Go 2-14 if you must, but be a team, respect your coach, play hard.

SAR I

good with that. the thing is if all three of those things happen, they will be 8-8 at least.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was going to give one of those "suck for Sam" answers but your answer is infinitely better.

If you are not familiar with her oeuvre, do yourself a favor and look her up.  One of the most insanely gorgeous women you will ever see.  And, believe it or not, she's all natural.  Crazy.

image_610fc464e.jpg

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If you are not familiar with her oeuvre, do yourself a favor and look her up.  One of the most insanely gorgeous women you will ever see.  And, believe it or not, she's all natural.  Crazy.

image_610fc464e.jpg

Wow I've seen this pic before but didn't realize it was the same girl.  And she's all natural?!?!?

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

image_610fc464e.jpg

Holy Hell! That shiz can make a gay man straight!

14 hours ago, munchmemory said:

image_610fc464e.jpg

Too bad your taste in football teams is not as good as your taste in cooze. 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wow I've seen this pic before but didn't realize it was the same girl.  And she all natural?!?!?

Wish I could attest from first hand experience, but it's what I read a few years back.  Think she's from the Czech Republic.  God knows what they put in the water.

5 hours ago, Pac said:

Geno under center...

like a Phoenix rising from the ashes he begins his crusade that results in a shocking playoff appearance and the reuniting of all Jet fans.  

Once and for all the stench of Ryan Fitzpatrick will be removed from my beloved Jets.

What is it that you love about Geno? Serious question. I get why people liked Sanchez, but I just don't get the Geno love. 

38 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

What is it that you love about Geno? Serious question. I get why people liked Sanchez, but I just don't get the Geno love. 

I don't love anything... I'm just playing the part that so many of you have created in your heads.  The so called Geno lover who supports their man through thick and thin.  It's silly, isn't it?

Back in the real world all I, or anyone else has ever said, was that Geno has all the tools and I'd like to get a final look to see if he's improved in a leadership role.  The punch was almost 2 years ago.  No one should care any more.  Get over it.

They invested a 2nd round pick on him and he has the arm talent and maneuverability in the pocket.  How about 1 more real look with an offense that doesn't resemble a pop warner unit.  If he sucks then great...  punt him after this year and hope that Hack and this years draft pick are ready for prime time.

It really is the best option for this year with this team.  We're not winning anything.

And if Hack outplays him in the preseason?  GREAT!  Start Hack and you have a backup with experience.

Archived