Process Of Elimination Is Steering Us Right At Ryan Fitzpatrick

SAR I

Let me start by saying he's not my dream quarterback and I would much prefer him not on the Jets this year, but if you look at the situation somewhat objectively, look at the type of team we are going to be, and look at the type of veteran quarterback we're looking for, Ryan Fitzpatrick makes a lot of sense.

And when you look at the quarterbacks being locked up or courted, we're at the bottom of the barrel anyway, we're looking at guys who would either be disruptive because they are used to being on a high horse (Cutler, Kaepernick), harmful because they view themselves as abused and unloved (Geno, RGIII), useless because they've never shown anything and would be trying to overtake the young kids we are trying to groom as their last chance (Daniel, Barkley), or raw rookies who would not be suitable backups or mentors (Trubisky, Watson).

So where do we go from there?  Well, if you check the boxes on experience, age, mentoring, ability, and demeanor, you wind up at the doorstep of Ryan Fitzpatrick who, as an added bonus, knows both of our young quarterback prospects, has a rapport with them, and lives in New Jersey.

SAR I

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other night I was up all night and there was NOTHING on so I went to see what stuff I had recorded and lo and behold Jets Nation must be still set for recording because their Free Agency special was there so with nothing else left to watch I clicked 'play' and I couldn't believe what i was actually hearing. There was Coach Westhoff AND frigging Ray saying that the Jets should give Geno another chance. I immediately hit exit and deleted the program. You know who the Jets SHOULD try to persuade away from his comfy cushioned chair at Fox Sports? Matt Lienart

Process of elimination will lead us to burn in a fire before we pay Fitz to be a part of this team. Think about it. You want us to PAY him to play for us. I wouldn't do it even if Fitz offered to pay back his last year's salary. 

After the toxic environment of last year the Jets needed a total clean out of those responsible for setting the tone and culture. That included obviously Fitzpatrick. I don't think any of the main players of last years mailed in season should and will return.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have to step away from the computer right now or I'm gonna do something i will regret my Apple cost way too much too smash up because of SAR I and Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Should have invested in apple care and not have to worry 

The Jets are getting rid of older players. There is nothing to suggest that this could even remotely be a possibility. Bowels and Macc wouldn't bet their jobs on the man that almost already cost them their jobs.

And where a player lives doesn't really factor in to the equation.

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me start by saying he's not my dream quarterback and I would much prefer him not on the Jets this year, but if you look at the situation somewhat objectively, look at the type of team we are going to be, and look at the type of veteran quarterback we're looking for, Ryan Fitzpatrick makes a lot of sense.

And when you look at the quarterbacks being locked up or courted, we're at the bottom of the barrel anyway, we're looking at guys who would either be disruptive because they are used to being on a high horse (Cutler, Kaepernick), harmful because they view themselves as abused and unloved (Geno, RGIII), useless because they've never shown anything and would be trying to overtake the young kids we are trying to groom as their last chance (Daniel, Barkley), or raw rookies who would not be suitable backups or mentors (Trubisky, Watson).

So where do we go from there?  Well, if you check the boxes on experience, age, mentoring, ability, and demeanor, you wind up at the doorstep of Ryan Fitzpatrick who, as an added bonus, knows both of our young quarterback prospects, has a rapport with them, and lives in New Jersey.

SAR I

I think he would be perfect back up too....not sure it will happen though

Fitz is gone. Two of his head cheerleaders in Mangold and Marshall are also gone, and the third, Decker, is on thin ice. Signing Fitzpatrick was a huge mistake last year. They're not only not repeating that mistake, they're purging it completely. 

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

imho, just say no.  not that fitz wouldn't be a good candidate for a team looking for a transitional starter/backup but he was in the middle of whatever s**t went down in the locker room.  it's better if the jets do a scattershot and get rid of the troublemakers and then not bring in the guys who may be thought to be innocent. geno, shelly, pryor, marshall, and fitz should rightly not be on the team. i might be inclined to throw wilk in there but his cap hit is way too much.

29 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

I have to step away from the computer right now or I'm gonna do something i will regret my Apple cost way too much too smash up because of SAR I and Ryan Fitzpatrick

Should have invested in apple care and not have to worry 

LOL to both posts - both funny.

Listen IMO, the fact that the Shrimp Boat Captain still is our HC is equally, if not more laughable and preposterous than Ryan Fitzpatrick being here next season.

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Vehemently DISAGREE. I would rather stick pins in my eyes than even entertain the thought of this. Wait.......

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You must think along the lines of your four way coaching box. Coslet, Walton, Herm, and Kotite are bottom of the barrel coaches that you must have a direct line to. Shame.

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imho, just say no.  not that fitz wouldn't be a good candidate for a team looking for a transitional starter/backup but he was in the middle of whatever s**t went down in the locker room.  it's better if the jets do a scattershot and get rid of the troublemakers and then not bring in the guys who may be thought to be innocent. geno, shelly, pryor, marshall, and fitz should rightly not be on the team. i might be inclined to throw wilk in there but his cap hit is way too much.

Brandon Marshall was at the epicenter of the rucous. He touted Fitz all off season then proceeded to play as poorly as he has at any point of his career. No one let Fitz down more than Marshall.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Hahaha Sar I, one of your finest threads in a long time!

After seeing what has gone on with the QB's in free agency I firmly believe the Jets will draft a QB not sure how high but one will be drafted. Hack and Petty will be given an unabstructed opportunity to duke it out for the starting job. If neather can step up by game 2 of the pre season at that point a veteran will be brought in. Not the best case scenario but one that must be taken so the organization can make a fair decision as to what guy gets released allowing the other another season to develop.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Nope.

This post reminds me of the time Martin Shkreli went on CBS to discuss the death of Harambe and trolled the hosts endlessly, but the true beauty of it was that Shkreli never once broke character and the hosts had no clue they were being trolled. That's what I think SAR, who is an expert-master in trolling, is doing here.

For your viewing pleasure.

Archived