Process Of Elimination Is Steering Us Right At Ryan Fitzpatrick

SAR I

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Don't think so.  And the Jets don't give a sh*t that he lives in New Jersey.

If they followed that logic Dan Quinn would have been our HC two years ago.

Bowles is from Jersey too though :cool:

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Let me start by saying he's not my dream quarterback and I would much prefer him not on the Jets this year, but if you look at the situation somewhat objectively, look at the type of team we are going to be, and look at the type of veteran quarterback we're looking for, Ryan Fitzpatrick makes a lot of sense.

And when you look at the quarterbacks being locked up or courted, we're at the bottom of the barrel anyway, we're looking at guys who would either be disruptive because they are used to being on a high horse (Cutler, Kaepernick), harmful because they view themselves as abused and unloved (Geno, RGIII), useless because they've never shown anything and would be trying to overtake the young kids we are trying to groom as their last chance (Daniel, Barkley), or raw rookies who would not be suitable backups or mentors (Trubisky, Watson).

So where do we go from there?  Well, if you check the boxes on experience, age, mentoring, ability, and demeanor, you wind up at the doorstep of Ryan Fitzpatrick who, as an added bonus, knows both of our young quarterback prospects, has a rapport with them, and lives in New Jersey.

SAR I

Somebody started celebrating St. Patrick's day a wee bit early. 

23 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Went to a conference there once , set up by a California firm.   They immediately apologized for the location when they realized it was a stink hole of whores and illegals.  

They got IKEA

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Let me start by saying he's not my dream quarterback and I would much prefer him not on the Jets this year, but if you look at the situation somewhat objectively, look at the type of team we are going to be, and look at the type of veteran quarterback we're looking for, Ryan Fitzpatrick makes a lot of sense.

And when you look at the quarterbacks being locked up or courted, we're at the bottom of the barrel anyway, we're looking at guys who would either be disruptive because they are used to being on a high horse (Cutler, Kaepernick), harmful because they view themselves as abused and unloved (Geno, RGIII), useless because they've never shown anything and would be trying to overtake the young kids we are trying to groom as their last chance (Daniel, Barkley), or raw rookies who would not be suitable backups or mentors (Trubisky, Watson).

So where do we go from there?  Well, if you check the boxes on experience, age, mentoring, ability, and demeanor, you wind up at the doorstep of Ryan Fitzpatrick who, as an added bonus, knows both of our young quarterback prospects, has a rapport with them, and lives in New Jersey.

SAR I

If sh*tzpatrick is re-signed, you will see a lot of Jets fans with torches and pitch forks outside Macc's office. For the record, I would be one of them. 

Given his inaction so far, I think it's pretty much obvious that Macc is looking for a QB in the draft

2 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

If sh*tzpatrick is re-signed, you will see a lot of Jets fans with torches and pitch forks outside Macc's office. For the record, I would be one of them. 

Given his inaction so far, I think it's pretty much obvious that Macc is looking for a QB in the draft

C'mon dude we're rebuilding!  Screw trying to win its about passion and watching Hack learn how to throw 

32 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Went to a conference there once , set up by a California firm.   They immediately apologized for the location when they realized it was a stink hole of whores and illegals.  

Why?

Sounds like a great spot for a CPA conference

Just now, flgreen said:

Why?

Sounds like a great spot for a CPA conference

It was for financial advisors but....   I knew something was up when in the elevator an attractive woman got in and she smelled like sex.

the company was from LA, was there first conference on the East Coast and booked it all through a third party. 

Was pretty funny actually..... that evening hotel bar was full of hookers. 

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

It was for financial advisors but....   I knew something was up when in the elevator an attractive woman got in and she smelled like sex.

the company was from LA, was there first conference on the East Coast and booked it all through a third party. 

So what was the problem again?

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Hahaha Sar I, one of your finest threads in a long time!

Agree it's a good troll but I think he could have done better (more believable) with a Sanchez return thread, could have been a classic, especially with that man crush he has for Mark, Jets could finally make it up to him with some weaponz, can hear it now...

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I forgot to add the :) on my original post.  Glad you took it in the spirit it was intended.  

Over the years, mostly when I worked for someone else, I had been to many of these company sponsored seminars/conferences.  If you have a sense of humor, they are always fun. 

4 hours ago, chirorob said:

I like you 90% of the time.

This is that 10%.   There is no way.

I am not hoping that Ryan Fitzpatrick returns this season.  It is the last thing I actually want.

But when I look at the landscape and what the Jets actually want from their veteran backup, Ryan Fitzpatrick fits the bill perfectly.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No, won't happen even if he is thought to be the best option bridges are soot

Fitzpatrick burned no bridges.

Watch the press conference where he talks about the front office not believing in him.  He is not being vindictive.  He is just being (refreshingly) honest.  Don't watch the fake news versions that only show the "they don't believe in me" soundbyte.  Watch the full version.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I am not hoping that Ryan Fitzpatrick returns this season.  It is the last thing I actually want.

But when I look at the landscape and what the Jets actually want from their veteran backup, Ryan Fitzpatrick fits the bill perfectly.

SAR I

LOL.

I usually don't like your trolling threads, but I got to say, this is a good one.  

4 hours ago, NoBowles said:

The JetNation meltdown would be so epic, that alone would be worth it. Would be like Black Monday around here. 

No, that would be the Geno Smith reaction.  Ryan Fitzpatrick did some good in New York, he restored some dignity to the Jets with solid QB play in 2015, that doesn't get swept under the rug because 2016 went south.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are getting rid of older players. There is nothing to suggest that this could even remotely be a possibility. Bowels and Macc wouldn't bet their jobs on the man that almost already cost them their jobs.

And where a player lives doesn't really factor in to the equation.

If the Jets are looking to let the two kids battle it out for the starting job (they should) then they will need a veteran QB to hold the clipboard, offer sideline support, share his wisdom at practice.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is the perfect Mark Brunell.  Bowles and Maccagnan wouldn't be "betting" any jobs on a third stringer.  They're betting their jobs on Hackenberg and Petty.

The reason that geography matters is because Ryan Fitzpatrick has 5 young children and they're all in NJ schools.  If he knows he is nothing more than a backup, if he still loves the game, and if he wants to play backup for an NFL team, the Jets are a very good fit.  It's not the Jets who would care about geography.  In this case, it's the player.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I think he would be perfect back up too....not sure it will happen though

Finally, the voice of reason.

Fitzpatrick is no starter, but he's probably the best backup candidate in the NFL and would fill the role nicely in Florham Park.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Don't think so.  And the Jets don't give a sh*t that he lives in New Jersey.

If they followed that logic Dan Quinn would have been our HC two years ago.

You misread me:

Why the Jets would be interested in Ryan Fitzpatrick:  If their plan is to let Petty and Hackenberg get all the starts and they want an older vet as a mentor who is no threat for a starting job, he's a comfortable fit. 

Why Ryan Fitzpatrick would be interested in the Jets:  As a backup and mentor, might as well do it on a team that he knows with two young QB's he knows and not have to move for the 8th time in 12 years with his 5 kids, each under the age of 10, in local NJ schools.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Finally, the voice of reason.

Fitzpatrick is no starter, but he's probably the best backup candidate in the NFL and would fill the role nicely in Florham Park.

SAR I

I think he would be perfect mentor, game plan translator, and backup for Petty/Hack...now that Chan is gone there will no longer be this dependency for him to start either.

42 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agree it's a good troll but I think he could have done better (more believable) with a Sanchez return thread, could have been a classic, especially with that man crush he has for Mark, Jets could finally make it up to him with some weaponz, can hear it now...

Mark Sanchez makes a lot of sense too, again in the Mark Brunell off-field role holding the clipboard behind Hackenberg and Petty, but I didn't want to go there because I don't think it's realistic.  Not because of cultural fit or politics, but because I don't think he views himself as someone who can't get playing time, I don't think Sanchez thinks his playing days are done. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick, different story.  I think he wants to be a head coach some day.  So clipboarding in Florham Park is the first step in that direction.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I think he would be perfect mentor, game plan translator, and backup for Petty/Hack...now that Chan is gone there will no longer be this dependency for him to start either.

That's it.  Simple.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

Anyone but Fitz, Geno or Cutler.

Honestly what is the harm in just starting Petty all season?

I think the harm is you would lose a bunch of games. But starting Petty is much less harmful than signing Fitz, Geno or Cutler. 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

When you say "process of elimination" do you mean "elimination" as in "taking a dump?"

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick burned no bridges.

Watch the press conference where he talks about the front office not believing in him.  He is not being vindictive.  He is just being (refreshingly) honest.  Don't watch the fake news versions that only show the "they don't believe in me" soundbyte.  Watch the full version.

SAR I

mjl.gif

Archived