QB Daniels was released and is now available

UnknownJetFan

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No he didn't. That's foolish joewilly12 tripe. He was the incumbent, he was talked about as the starter. He got popped, but if he was worth a damn he would have taken the job back. He never did. He also had the chance to take it last year, when Fitz was an abomination of a QB, and Geno still couldn't unseat him.

So... yea, this argument you keep delving into amounts to little more than Taco Flail Grandé,

Actually he did, but then he got hurt. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I was replying to swanseajack, about the notion of vet QBs having the responsibility to teach. You jumped in with the line about every little bit helps, which I dispelled, then you make some snotty remark about me talking out my ass, even though I was talking about human nature and you were talking in circles about jibberish.

I still think you're talking in circles. I don't care what point you think you're making any longer... if we're going to continue, then I'm just going to torment you. But I'd rather not, since you seem like a decent guy.

lol u cant torment me but carry on - you make no sense to me either so I will leave it at that

I think that the key to having a vet QB to teach/mentor is their approach to the game.  You want studious guys that are good in the weight room. You want a mentor for how to approach the game.  That is why guys like Gholston and Thomas Jones are not bad to keep around.  You know they will keep people working in the weight room.  For a QB it is more about studying film and judging how to get your cues and when to swap plays, which routes should be broken off when, stuff like that.  Guys like Favre and Vick are probably terrible for that, while a guy like Brunnel was probably good.  

2 minutes ago, slats said:

So for a quarter and 8 minutes of the another?

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

If Daniels was a good QB one of his teams in seven years would have seen it and made something of it. Hack has been in the league a year and made clear he was a redshirt project. Cannot compare the two at all.

People knocked Glennon for the Bucs drafting Jameis Winston the best QB to come out of college since Luck

This clown Daniels got cut in favor of a total scrub Nick Foles

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

As soon as you said he hasn't thrown enough passes for team X.  Means he must suck, stay away? 

He's only thrown 78 passes in his career. That's across like 3 teams. The fact he just got cut for Nick Foles says all we need to know. He's a bad QB because he's a bad QB. If he was a good QB he wouldn't be looking for work after getting beat out by a rookie last year. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Even if it was one play, the benched Fitz for Geno last year. 

Had Smith not injured himself, we probably would not have seen the likes of Fitz for the rest of the season no matter what Geno did on the field.  

1 hour ago, slats said:

Come on, you and I both know how reluctant the coaches were to make the move to him. Saying Geno took the job from Fitz last year is as absurd as Crusher asking for a salad instead of fries.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

People knocked Glennon for the Bucs drafting Jameis Winston the best QB to come out of college since Luck

This clown Daniels got cut in favor of a total scrub Nick Foles

That was a salary decision... both are total scrubs, but let's call it what it is.

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Come on, you and I both know how reluctant the coaches were to make the move to him. Saying Geno took the job from Fitz last year is as absurd as Crusher asking for a salad instead of fries.

In that analogy, Ryan Fitzpatrick is fries. Fries are good, Fitzpatrick isn't. 

Lots of non-football reasons to keep Fitz in there. The Gailey connection. Bowles' preference for a vet. Not wanting to look like idiots for letting Fitz extort $12M from them before being benched - and they benched him for Geno, anyway. Despite that reluctance, Fitz lost his job to Geno Smith. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

In that analogy, Ryan Fitzpatrick is fries. Fries are good, Fitzpatrick isn't. 

Lots of non-football reasons to keep Fitz in there. The Gailey connection. Bowles' preference for a vet. Not wanting to look like idiots for letting Fitz extort $12M from them before being benched - and they benched him for Geno, anyway. Despite that reluctance, Fitz lost his job to Geno Smith. 

lol, funny... but, no.

This is a stretch of an argument you're making... if Geno "took" the job, and had any shred of value to the organization, he'd have a contract. 

We can stop now, because neither you or I are @Villain The Foe. :)

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

So they benched Fitz for Geno but really didn't want to so that means it wasn't benching at all.  It was more like giving Fitz PTO.

Cool.

I heard Fitz was just being a nice guy and giving Geno a chance.  It was voluntary.  Samsies with the Petty situation. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, funny... but, no.

This is a stretch of an argument you're making... if Geno "took" the job, and had any shred of value to the organization, he'd have a contract. 

We can stop now, because neither you or I are @Villain The Foe. :)

Same poor analogy. Neither QB had a future with the team, but he had enough value to them to carry four QBs. And then he took the job away from the $12M guy with no future - probably in the NFL at this point. 

I have no love for Geno, but I'm disappointed he got hurt. I'd've rather seen him finish out the season to see where he was at, and I think the organization probably felt the same way. I'm highly skeptical that he would've proven himself enough to get another contract, but I'd prefer to have the closure knowing that he didn't. 

22 minutes ago, slats said:

Same poor analogy. Neither QB had a future with the team, but he had enough value to them to carry four QBs. And then he took the job away from the $12M guy with no future - probably in the NFL at this point. 

I have no love for Geno, but I'm disappointed he got hurt. I'd've rather seen him finish out the season to see where he was at, and I think the organization probably felt the same way. I'm highly skeptical that he would've proven himself enough to get another contract, but I'd prefer to have the closure knowing that he didn't. 

I saw enough. He sucked at football more than you suck at convincing others of the poor merit of an analogy. LOL

The Jets might not even be interested in Daniel. Because if they are he would probably sign with them. It would be his best chance to be a starter and the door on that is rapidly closing for him. The Jets could probably get him cheap. But do they want him?

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He's only thrown 78 passes in his career. That's across like 3 teams. The fact he just got cut for Nick Foles says all we need to know. He's a bad QB because he's a bad QB. If he was a good QB he wouldn't be looking for work after getting beat out by a rookie last year. 

So which is it?   That another team thinks he is or not?  

Shlt you flip flop flop from post to post,  Worse, in the same post.  He's bad because he's bad but he's really bad because he wasn't given a starting job.  Lol

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So which is it?   That another team thinks he is or not?  

Shlt you flip flop flop from post to post,  Worse, in the same post.  He's bad because he's bad but he's really bad because he wasn't given a starting job.  Lol

I'm sorry you struggle to comprehend English. I'll try to dumb it down for you. Chase Daniels is not good. Never has been. Never will be. He is bad. 

57 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm sorry you struggle to comprehend English. I'll try to dumb it down for you. Chase Daniels is not good. Never has been. Never will be. He is bad. 

You will just argue over and over.  Dumb it down.

Then whine that you're called names.

WTF is your mental problem

11 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not sure how this guy even became a thing

Geno is probably better

12 minutes ago, thadude said:

If Daniels was even half-way not crap he'd still be an Eagle

Foles is a JAG

Well guess that proves that.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/20458/eagles-chase-daniel-cut-a-deal-prior-to-release 

Daniels is still an Eagle.  They restructured the contract.

The Philadelphia Eagles and quarterback Chase Daniel have agreed to restructure the offset language in his contract, a source tells ESPN's Adam Caplan, allowing the team an opportunity to recoup more money than they otherwise would have.

Daniel will still be able to make more than the $5 million that is fully guaranteed for this season. The rest of the contract remains as is.

Wanting a chance to compete for a starting job, Daniel recently requested and was granted his release following an unsuccessful attempt by the Eagles to trade him. Releasing Daniel carries a $7 million dead money hit, though offset language provides a degree of relief when the player signs with a new team. Under the restructure, the Eagles will get a bigger break than originally designed.

Every bit helps as they navigate a tight cap situation, particularly by their standards. The Eagles have a touch over $6 million in cap space at the moment, per OverTheCap, and that's without Nick Foles' contract officially on the books. With Daniel on his way out, Foles agreed to a two-year, $11 million deal to return to Philadelphia on Monday.

Known as one of the best front offices when it comes to the ins and outs of the salary cap, the Eagles got creative when structuring the contracts of some of the incoming free agents, most notably receiver Alshon Jeffery. They also recently restructured the contract of tight end Zach Ertz, according to ESPN's Field Yates, turning $3-plus million of his 2017 base salary into a guaranteed roster bonus, opening up more than $2.5 million in cap space.

While the boosted offsets will help the Eagles, Daniel will still go down as a hefty investment. Prior to trading up in the draft to land Carson Wentz, the Eagles signed Daniel, who was paired with head coach Doug Pederson in Kansas City, to a three-year, $21 million deal with $12 million fully guaranteed at signing. Daniel was signed to compete with/push Sam Bradford while serving as an expert in Pederson's system. When Bradford was traded to the Minnesota Vikings prior to the start of the season, Daniel was passed over for the starting job in favor of Wentz.

The No. 2 overall pick has credited Daniel for cutting down the learning curve his rookie year. Now that Wentz has his footing, it made little sense to hold onto Daniel's sizable contract.

EDIT: I think I read it wrong.  How the hell can the eagles cut him and then rework the offset language of the contract so it helps the organization more?  This is a weird article...  

EDIT2: Yeah this article is like 10 days too late.  I guess they did this before releasing him, disregard, fake news here... :P  Chase Daniels still sucks dirty gym socks

6 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Well guess that proves that.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/20458/eagles-chase-daniel-cut-a-deal-prior-to-release 

Daniels is still an Eagle.  They restructured the contract.

Did you even read the article you posted?  How is Daniels still an Eagle?  The article says that the Eagles and Daniels restructured the contract prior to his release so that the Eagles would benefit from the revised offset language if and when Daniels signs with a new team.  It doesn't change the fact that Daniels WAS in fact released by Philadelphia, and that any other team can go get him right now if they want him. No trade needed because he has been released.

Reading is fundamental. 

21 hours ago, Dcat said:

Did you even read the article you posted?  How is Daniels still an Eagle?  The article says that the Eagles and Daniels restructured the contract prior to his release so that the Eagles would benefit from the revised offset language if and when Daniels signs with a new team.  It doesn't change the fact that Daniels WAS in fact released by Philadelphia, and that any other team can go get him right now if they want him. No trade needed because he has been released.

Reading is fundamental. 

I corrected my post.  Unlike some, I don't delete and run away.  And yes I obviously read it wrong and should know better then to post before my coffee in the morning.  But please continue to rip my mistake, the trolls of Jet Nation need something to attack :D 

21 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I corrected my post.  Unlike some, I don't delete and run away.  And yes I obviously read it wrong and should know better then to post before my coffee in the morning.  But please continue to rip my mistake, the trolls of Jet Nation need something to attack :D 

Didn't see your "correction".  Not trolling.  Your post was totally wrong suggesting that Philly wanted to keep Daniels and he was still their property. That's not slightly wrong,but close to completely wrong.  Carry on.  

23 hours ago, Beerfish said:

When the Jets sign some jag vet at this time next year Hack is going to have two full years not getting into a game.

I'll go on record as saying I wouldn't be surprised if Christian Hackenberg never started a game in the NFL. He's still, for now at least, an unknown with some kind of potential.

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'll go on record as saying I wouldn't be surprised if Christian Hackenberg never started a game in the NFL. He's still, for now at least, an unknown with some kind of potential.

Hack won't even be in the NFL after next season

Archived