Seriously? The return of the unmentionable?

Dcat

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Same here. @Warfish has been on the receiving end of me after a bad day where I also forgot to take my happy meds more than one time, but he is a good guy who loves this team.  While I don't always agree with him, along with many other posters here, I genuinely love this community like I did JI at one point.  Switching to this place full-time became a lot easier when I saw that old school posters, who I used to read when I was 13 (not kidding, might have been younger actually) and my dad (who also posts here) showed me JI for the first time, posted here regularly.  Guys like @gEYno@dbatesman (we disagree on so much but I actually love you, no homo *or homo, whatever floats ur boat*), @T0mShane, @The Crusher, @JiF, @Klecko73isGod, @Maxman, @Sperm Edwards, @Integrity28, @SMC, @ECURB, @RutgersJetFan, @Beerfish, and so many more that I'm probably just blanking on right now all made it that much easier to switch here.  Look, I know I'm not the easiest going/least abrasive poster here...but I'm 23 going on 24 and a ton of you guys have been dealing with me for a long time and helped mold and feed my love of this team and this sport.  Posting on the two of these forums is something I've been doing since I was kid and in a weird way all of y'all are apart of my childhood lmao.  I loved JI, and I love this place.  Sooth lost sight of how special a community can make a place and in a way, I'm glad he did because I ended up here :'). 

/homo

And you are???

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dcat said:

How can you expect to find Borgo without first planting some Borgo-bait?  A little of this to begin might be enough:

Jarah_MarianoLingerie_Photoshoot_52.jpg

Ummmmm the woman who is the love of my life did not appreciate this.....

But I did... :) 

Hey just sayin!!!!!

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Same here. @Warfish has been on the receiving end of me after a bad day where I also forgot to take my happy meds more than one time, but he is a good guy who loves this team.  While I don't always agree with him, along with many other posters here, I genuinely love this community like I did JI at one point.  Switching to this place full-time became a lot easier when I saw that old school posters, who I used to read when I was 13 (not kidding, might have been younger actually) and my dad (who also posts here) showed me JI for the first time, posted here regularly.  Guys like @gEYno@dbatesman (we disagree on so much but I actually love you, no homo *or homo, whatever floats ur boat*), @T0mShane, @The Crusher, @JiF, @Klecko73isGod, @Maxman, @Sperm Edwards, @Integrity28, @SMC, @ECURB, @RutgersJetFan, @Beerfish, and so many more that I'm probably just blanking on right now all made it that much easier to switch here.  Look, I know I'm not the easiest going/least abrasive poster here...but I'm 23 going on 24 and a ton of you guys have been dealing with me for a long time and helped mold and feed my love of this team and this sport.  Posting on the two of these forums is something I've been doing since I was kid and in a weird way all of y'all are apart of my childhood lmao.  I loved JI, and I love this place.  Sooth lost sight of how special a community can make a place and in a way, I'm glad he did because I ended up here :'). 

/homo

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So ******* gay omg 

I don't know about you guys, but I just got my period.

10 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I've been here for a short time, but I can see why some of the people here were banned from the old JI board . Some of the most prominent posters here insight riot because they think themselves superior to others . The vast majority of them have found a home on my ignore list because they bring absolutely nothing to the discussion . They only purpose here is to get under the skins of posters with their posturing .

What they do here is worst than politics or religion .

All you bring to the board is complaining that some people bring nothing to the board.

So meta.

Not Manish.

On 3/16/2017 at 8:18 PM, Mogglez said:

Leaving JI and finding a new home here was like when I was 13 and all my friends ditched MySpace for Facebook.  When I finally made that switch I was never putting another emo selfie on MySpace ever again.  Sure I'll check in every now and then to see what it's become, but I'm never using it as my primary cesspool ever again.

I always thought you were an old fart. 

14 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Since this is like a memorial, I'll say my peace and be done with it  like everyone else . I posted on JI and I was sorry to see it die . I enjoyed my time there sometimes just like I do here sometimes . There were folks there that I didn't care for just like there are folks here that I don't care for .  I tried to follow the rules there like I try to follow the rules here . I never got banned there just like I hope to never get ban here . This is supposed to be fun and place for people to exchange ideas about the teams we favor,  but egos usually lead to animosity . 

It happened there and it's happening here . 

I can never be mad at someone for doing what they think is best with something they own . It's like blaming Woody Johnson for a bunch of people he paid  not doing they job and forcing him to fire them .

It's literally nothing like that at all.

This is a bizarre post. Maybe, since you always gripe about problems with other folks, you should consider that you are the problem, not them.

Lowedt common denominator and what not.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

How can you expect to find Borgo without first planting some Borgo-bait?  A little of this to begin might be enough:

Jarah_MarianoLingerie_Photoshoot_52.jpg

Borgo posted pics of chicks and thentalked you guys up into a lather. If really never occurred to you what he was doing?

Really?

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

/homo

Those guys all suck.

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Please alert me when we get a BORGOGUY spotting.  Or perhaps Jordy. 

Borgoguy, I liked that dude. Miss him. Even though he called me every name in the book lol. Always seemed like a good guy though.

15 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Since this is like a memorial, I'll say my peace and be done with it  like everyone else . I posted on JI and I was sorry to see it die . I enjoyed my time there sometimes just like I do here sometimes . There were folks there that I didn't care for just like there are folks here that I don't care for .  I tried to follow the rules there like I try to follow the rules here . I never got banned there just like I hope to never get ban here . This is supposed to be fun and place for people to exchange ideas about the teams we favor,  but egos usually lead to animosity . 

It happened there and it's happening here . 

I can never be mad at someone for doing what they think is best with something they own . It's like blaming Woody Johnson for a bunch of people he paid  not doing they job and forcing him to fire them .

Hey Tinstar - I definitely don't see you ever getting banned here. I know how you feel about things now and I do appreciate you expressing your view point. The thing about JetNation is we have always been easy \ light on the moderation. And trust me that is by design. The downside to that is we miss stuff. I know we do. The upside to that is people don't get banned for saying a player stinks.

I know it gets rough here at times, I am on the receiving end of it a lot myself lol. But that is the compass for us so to speak. We are definitely always slow to ban people, but we much rather have it that way than have people getting banned too quick.

For better or worse that is the model that has helped us grow to what I believe is one of the largest NFL sites.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I honestly have no idea who you are.

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

And you are???

I kinda figured that some of you would reply this way lol.  I was more of an observer when most of you posted over there (I was young, like I said) but I enjoyed reading the banter and discussions from all of you, regardless of how much I actually posted.  For me, it was like a fun roundtable of posters to read about my favorite team everyday.  Nowadays I contribute more myself, but I still remember who the better parts of the community were.

You can love from afar.

Quietly.

Tenderly.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I kinda figured that some of you would reply this way lol.  I was more of an observer when most of you posted over there (I was young, like I said) but I enjoyed reading the banter and discussions from all of you, regardless of how much I actually posted.  For me, it was like a fun roundtable of posters to read about my favorite team everyday.  Nowadays I contribute more myself, but I still remember who the better parts of the community were.

You can love from afar.

Quietly.

Tenderly.

They tease the ones they love. :)

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I always thought you were an old fart. 

No sir. This ape is still considered an "infant" lol.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Those guys all suck.

You're on that list too BG so let's all suck together :^).

But yeah, no homo still.

19 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I've been here for a short time, but I can see why some of the people here were banned from the old JI board . Some of the most prominent posters here insight riot because they think themselves superior to others . The vast majority of them have found a home on my ignore list because they bring absolutely nothing to the discussion . They only purpose here is to get under the skins of posters with their posturing .

What they do here is worst than politics or religion .

I have 2/3's of this board on ignore. 

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

/homo

I will be honest, for some reason when we disagree, I get turned on.  It's weird, I know but it's true.  

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey Tinstar - I definitely don't see you ever getting banned here. I know how you feel about things now and I do appreciate you expressing your view point. The thing about JetNation is we have always been easy \ light on the moderation. And trust me that is by design. The downside to that is we miss stuff. I know we do. The upside to that is people don't get banned for saying a player stinks.

I know it gets rough here at times, I am on the receiving end of it a lot myself lol. But that is the compass for us so to speak. We are definitely always slow to ban people, but we much rather have it that way than have people getting banned too quick.

For better or worse that is the model that has helped us grow to what I believe is one of the largest NFL sites.

Thanks.

Snowflake Confessional 

I don't think the comeback will fail as spectacularly as the switch to scout did. When the scout thing was announced, I think about 100% of people who tried it said it sucked and wouldn't work. There were a few who said they'd give it a try and gave sooth the benefit of the doubt when he said improvements would come. I tried for a couple weeks, but then bounced when it continued to suck. Everyone saw that coming. Sooth had run a successful site for so long. He must have been acting on other motives. Anyone with a few weeks of web experience knew that switch would fail.

This comeback is off to a funny start with the hack, but I did see some folks excited on Facebook that the independent site was coming back. I think it will make it and get some users at least in the short term. I don't think it will ever catch back up to this site, though. I think the scout thing jarred Ji out of any contention for top Jets forum/site, and unless Max calls it quits (please don't!) I don't think ji has much of a shot at the top spot.

just my 2 cents. Love this place!

Archived