Seriously? The return of the unmentionable?

Dcat

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted on there but it was hard to keep up since it felt like some people on that board never had a job and just posted throughout the day. 

I saw his post that he sold out for big money.  I don't blame him for that.  What I blame him for are his lies about getting e-mail addresses and basically selling them off for marketing purposes.  While he didn't "steal money" it's like asking someone who embezzled money from you the first time to take care of your money again a second time.  You're a buffoon if you do it. 

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Anybody been able to get onto JI?  I still keep getting redirected. 

I tried a few times and got redirected to another site. Not sure what is going on but that concerns me, malware is brutal I don't need to be reformatting my PC.

Just now, Maxman said:

I tried a few times and got redirected to another site. Not sure what is going on but that concerns me, malware is brutal I don't need to be reformatting my PC.

What the frig could be going on over there?  It should not take days to get back online.  What a cluster F.

10 hours ago, Thor99 said:

We're actually living together, running a B&B in New Hampshire. 

Whatever you do, don't ever stay at the Silvanus in upstate NY.  Even the wacky owner calls it the Silveranus. Now I just know you're looking the place up . . . The website is so bad it's great. I hear Corky St. Clair narrating on every page. Sigh.  It's actually pretty cool. If you're way gay.

so far, so good over there. and by 'so good' I mean the return of Maine, who's tongue seems to be firmly planted about 3 inches up Sooth's ass. And the ban on TX has been dropped, so there's that.  

in all seriousness, i want to thank Max and all the OGs who built this site. I stuck around JI until the bitter end since it was really all I knew - it was the first Jets board I joined in the 90s, and even with the mass exodus (and loss of many quality members) in the mid '00s, I enjoyed the traffic that place used to get.  But even when JI was still around, I used to pop over to JN  from time to time, and it's been my Jets home ever since the merger - and will continue to be. 

25 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

so far, so good over there. and by 'so good' I mean the return of Maine, who's tongue seems to be firmly planted about 3 inches up Sooth's ass. And the ban on TX has been dropped, so there's that.  

in all seriousness, i want to thank Max and all the OGs who built this site. I stuck around JI until the bitter end since it was really all I knew - it was the first Jets board I joined in the 90s, and even with the mass exodus (and loss of many quality members) in the mid '00s, I enjoyed the traffic that place used to get.  But even when JI was still around, I used to pop over to JN  from time to time, and it's been my Jets home ever since the merger - and will continue to be. 

Really glad to hear that, it means a lot. We work hard on this place and we do take it really seriously. Even though there is no actual proof of that lol.

The Tx move is a no-brainer for them right now. They need an attraction and I am sure Tx will oblige. They will ban him once they get back on solid ground. Poor Tx is being used and abused by Jets fans. :)

I was going to post this the other day. But thinking about this brought back some memories. Sorry in advance if this is over the top, I just love this place. :) The first memory was why we started JetNation. Talking Jets football and having fun in an uncensored environment (as much as possible) was the goal. We don't always get it right but for the most part you can say what you feel here. Positive or negative, you don't get banned because what you say could hurt our relationship with the team. Probably sounds silly now, but that was a big issue and reason why JetNation was launched.

More than that though, it is incredible how much the site has grown over the last 12 years. To be one of the most active NFL message boards, to have over a million page views in a month and to have 20,000 registered members and over 40,000 social media followers, it is just amazing. We try to let the community police itself as much as possible and the results have been amazing. Everyone who posts here, everyone who reads the articles or interacts with us on social media, that is who built this site.

When Scout tried to buy JetNation I turned them down. I have posted this several times, so I know it isn't news worthy at this point in time. But it just made me think of how proud I am of this community. Sitting in Rockefeller Center listening to the Scout team talk about their vision. They were going to take over the web, had huge plans and huge investors backing them. Lots of talk about money they could pay for the site, even for a partnership. I don't think I will ever forget about sitting there and learning that they won't convert the forums. They said they could but it isn't worth it. I thought, well it is worth it to everyone who posts there.

I sat in the Scout meeting thinking about my wife who was really sick at the time and how whenever I had a free minute I would "work" on JetNation. I thought back on all the all nighters working on server moves, or upgrades and how much fun they were. Thought about all the amazing friends I made here. And I realized that this site has never been work. It has been a blessing. JetNation has provided me with a great distraction and support on some of the worst days of my life. When you sit next to your wife in a cancer hospital and you have fun posting in the forums from your phone, that tells you something. Thinking of Lauren getting chemo and asking me what am I laughing at? That brings a smile to my face, because one of you idiots made me laugh on a terrible day. You can't put a price on that.

I couldn't screw everyone over because you are the ones that built this site. So I didn't sign the non-disclosure. They told me they couldn't make me a financial offer if I didn't sign it. I said, I understand that, thanked them for their time and never looked back.  At that moment I thought of all the friendships that have been made here. I also remember my wife Lauren giving me the look as she thought, "are you sure you don't want to know how much they are going to offer?". Nope, lol.

It is easy to say all this now, because Scout went bankrupt and their vision didn't work. What makes me happy is that the feelings would be the same on passing their money and that "Scout Opportunity", even if it worked.

The thought back then is true today. They can keep their money, because what we have here is bigger than that. 

Sorry again if this is over the top. Virtual bro-hugs to you all. Thank you for making this site what it is,we really do appreciate it.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I was going to post this the other day. But thinking about this brought back some memories. Sorry in advance if this is over the top, I just love this place. :) The first memory was why we started JetNation. Talking Jets football and having fun in an uncensored environment (as much as possible) was the goal. We don't always get it right but for the most part you can say what you feel here. Positive or negative, you don't get banned because what you say could hurt our relationship with the team. Probably sounds silly now, but that was a big issue and reason why JetNation was launched.

More than that though, it is incredible how much the site has grown over the last 12 years. To be one of the most active NFL message boards, to have over a million page views in a month and to have 20,000 registered members and over 40,000 social media followers, it is just amazing. We try to let the community police itself as much as possible and the results have been amazing. Everyone who posts here, everyone who reads the articles or interacts with us on social media, that is who built this site.

When Scout tried to buy JetNation I turned them down. I have posted this several times, so I know it isn't news worthy at this point in time. But it just made me think of how proud I am of this community. Sitting in Rockefeller Center listening to the Scout team talk about their vision. They were going to take over the web, had huge plans and huge investors backing them. Lots of talk about money they could pay for the site, even for a partnership. I don't think I will ever forget about sitting there and learning that they won't convert the forums. They said they could but it isn't worth it. I thought, well it is worth it to everyone who posts there.

I sat in the Scout meeting thinking about my wife who was really sick at the time and how whenever I had a free minute I would "work" on JetNation. I thought back on all the all nighters working on server moves, or upgrades and how much fun they were. Thought about all the amazing friends I made here. And I realized that this site has never been work. It has been a blessing. JetNation has provided me with a great distraction and support on some of the worst days of my life. When you sit next to your wife in a cancer hospital and you have fun posting in the forums from your phone, that tells you something. Thinking of Lauren getting chemo and asking me what am I laughing at? That brings a smile to my face, because one of you idiots made me laugh on a terrible day. You can't put a price on that.

I couldn't screw everyone over because you are the ones that built this site. So I didn't sign the non-disclosure. They told me they couldn't make me a financial offer if I didn't sign it. I said, I understand that, thanked them for their time and never looked back.  At that moment I thought of all the friendships that have been made here. I also remember my wife Lauren giving me the look as she thought, "are you sure you don't want to know how much they are going to offer?". Nope, lol.

It is easy to say all this now, because Scout went bankrupt and their vision didn't work. What makes me happy is that the feelings would be the same on passing their money and that "Scout Opportunity", even if it worked.

The thought back then is true today. They can keep their money, because what we have here is bigger than that. 

Sorry again if this is over the top. Virtual bro-hugs to you all. Thank you for making this site what it is,we really do appreciate it.

IMG_5459.JPG

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

TL, DR

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

That is okay. I was praising all of the good posters on this site. None of it applied to you anyhow. :)

Yeah.. I didn't think so!!!

HEY!!!!

13 minutes ago, flgreen said:

T0m's rebuttal at 9pm.

:)

Pretty much like the state of the union. He has it written already, saying everything I said is wrong, before reading a word of my post LOL!!!

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it until they throw dirt on me or what ever they do to me. "All money's not good money" . There are some things money can't buy, or at the very least, there should be .

Your decision that day could very well have played a role in the recovery of your wife that time . Hope it's still paying residuals .

18 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it until they throw dirt on me or what ever they do to me. "All money's not good money" . There are some things money can't buy, or at the very least, there should be .

Your decision that day could very well have played a role in the recovery of your wife that time . Hope it's still paying residuals .

Lunch money is good money

Archived