Seriously? The return of the unmentionable?

Dcat

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/21/2017 at 0:41 PM, Maxman said:

I was going to post this the other day. But thinking about this brought back some memories. Sorry in advance if this is over the top, I just love this place. :) The first memory was why we started JetNation. Talking Jets football and having fun in an uncensored environment (as much as possible) was the goal. We don't always get it right but for the most part you can say what you feel here. Positive or negative, you don't get banned because what you say could hurt our relationship with the team. Probably sounds silly now, but that was a big issue and reason why JetNation was launched.

More than that though, it is incredible how much the site has grown over the last 12 years. To be one of the most active NFL message boards, to have over a million page views in a month and to have 20,000 registered members and over 40,000 social media followers, it is just amazing. We try to let the community police itself as much as possible and the results have been amazing. Everyone who posts here, everyone who reads the articles or interacts with us on social media, that is who built this site.

When Scout tried to buy JetNation I turned them down. I have posted this several times, so I know it isn't news worthy at this point in time. But it just made me think of how proud I am of this community. Sitting in Rockefeller Center listening to the Scout team talk about their vision. They were going to take over the web, had huge plans and huge investors backing them. Lots of talk about money they could pay for the site, even for a partnership. I don't think I will ever forget about sitting there and learning that they won't convert the forums. They said they could but it isn't worth it. I thought, well it is worth it to everyone who posts there.

I sat in the Scout meeting thinking about my wife who was really sick at the time and how whenever I had a free minute I would "work" on JetNation. I thought back on all the all nighters working on server moves, or upgrades and how much fun they were. Thought about all the amazing friends I made here. And I realized that this site has never been work. It has been a blessing. JetNation has provided me with a great distraction and support on some of the worst days of my life. When you sit next to your wife in a cancer hospital and you have fun posting in the forums from your phone, that tells you something. Thinking of Lauren getting chemo and asking me what am I laughing at? That brings a smile to my face, because one of you idiots made me laugh on a terrible day. You can't put a price on that.

I couldn't screw everyone over because you are the ones that built this site. So I didn't sign the non-disclosure. They told me they couldn't make me a financial offer if I didn't sign it. I said, I understand that, thanked them for their time and never looked back.  At that moment I thought of all the friendships that have been made here. I also remember my wife Lauren giving me the look as she thought, "are you sure you don't want to know how much they are going to offer?". Nope, lol.

It is easy to say all this now, because Scout went bankrupt and their vision didn't work. What makes me happy is that the feelings would be the same on passing their money and that "Scout Opportunity", even if it worked.

The thought back then is true today. They can keep their money, because what we have here is bigger than that. 

Sorry again if this is over the top. Virtual bro-hugs to you all. Thank you for making this site what it is,we really do appreciate it.

I think it's generally hard to avoid politics or religion because it's a part of the daily lexicon.  I get it, though. That aside, eat me Scientology. ^_^ In all seriousness, I'm glad your wife is hanging in. Wasn't she JetFanByMarriage?  F cancer, good luck to you and your family. 

On 3/16/2017 at 0:42 PM, Warfish said:

DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS ON THAT SCOUT/JI sh*tHOLE.  

Just did and instantly got redirects and Vitus warnings en masse.  

Seriously, you have been warned.

Is Hyatt an STD?

(Scout Transmitted Disease)

Anyone know how the Hampur group is doing? I met that Ragu guy at a tailgate. They better not be shutting down and sending everyone back to the Mother Ship. We must preserve the new world order, lol. 

My recollection of the JN timeline:

1. Jeremy Shockey refers to Bill Parcells as a "homo" because Parcells had gotten blonde highlights.

2. Max and I, on JI, start referring to each other as "homo" in all of our responses to each other on JI.

3. Sean Deegan, who had become friendly with then-Jets Media Director Guy Doug Miller starts deleting our posts and tells us to "clean it up" so Sean could become the "Official Fan Blog of the Jets" or some sh*t.

4. I tell him to eat a dick and start posting at JetsChat(?), where Slats was.

5. At the time, I was partying a lot, had a lot more joie de vivre, and was a lot funnier, popular.

6. Max finds me on JetsChat(?) and I say, "we should start our own message board or something."

7. Max goes out and starts a message board.

8. I'm mortified.

9. Message board grows exponentially every month.

10. JI sells to Scout after Max turns them down.

11. Fast forward to present day--Max still kills himself to keep this site afloat; I still deny it exists.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My recollection of the JN timeline:

1. Jeremy Shockey refers to Bill Parcells as a "homo" because Parcells had gotten blonde highlights.

2. Max and I, on JI, start referring to each other as "homo" in all of our responses to each other on JI.

3. Sean Deegan, who had become friendly with then-Jets Media Director Guy Doug Miller starts deleting our posts and tells us to "clean it up" so Sean could become the "Official Fan Blog of the Jets" or some sh*t.

5. At the time, I was partying a lot, had a lot more joie de vivre, and was a lot funnier, popular.

6. Max finds me on JetsChat(?) and I say, "we should start our own message board or something."

7. Max goes out and starts a message board.

8. I'm mortified.

9. Message board grows exponentially every month.

10. JI sells to Scout after Max turns them down.

11. Fast forward to present day--Max still kills himself to keep this site afloat; I still deny it exists.

LOL!!! This is pretty damn scary, and accurate.

I still remember getting yelled at on ji because we were hijacking every thread apparently. 2005, 12 years ago. Pretty good memory man.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

LOL!!! This is pretty damn scary, and accurate.

I still remember getting yelled at on ji because we were hijacking every thread apparently. 2005, 12 years ago. Pretty good memory man.

Seems mostly accurate, other than this Tim Shame guy trying to write himself into the story.  Who is he anyway?

Friggin' newbs.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Seems mostly accurate, other than this Tim Shame guy trying to write himself into the story.  Who is he anyway?

Friggin' newbs.

T0m Shane with the 0 is a newb. That Tom Shane guy though, now he was a good poster. That guy was message board gold. :)

12 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I loved JI.  However, I can't ignore the fact that Sooth blew it up.  I also can't ignore the people over here that I've become friendly with.  Glad that it's back but definitely staying over here. 

Thank you. Very glad to hear that.

We have a lot of things planned here message board wise. Looking to improve the site every year. Definitely appreciate that you plan on staying.

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Anyone know how the Hampur group is doing? I met that Ragu guy at a tailgate. They better not be shutting down and sending everyone back to the Mother Ship. We must preserve the new world order, lol. 

They're fine I hear.  Far as I know they have no plans to disband.  A few will go back, some won't.  

Got to remember, some of Sooths most loyal ex-Mods are Hampur folks.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

They're fine I hear.  Far as I know they have no plans to disband.  A few will go back, some won't.  

Got to remember, some of Sooths most loyal ex-Mods are Hampur folks.

That is good to hear. If we need to send subsidies to the Hampur to keep everyone away from ji they should shoot up a flair. :)  Just kidding.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Lol, you guys came in and trashed the place! You were funny enough that I was an early member here. I was outside the loop because I had never been a part of JI. 

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

All I can say is I blew up my account there after having been banned a couple times, then having Ragu deny ever having banned me. What a bunch of jerks there.

3 hours ago, slats said:

Lol, you guys came in and trashed the place! You were funny enough that I was an early member here. I was outside the loop because I had never been a part of JI. 

We did come over with a lot of people and change the dynamic. It was really obvious that we needed our own land lol.

11 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Vivía en Nueva Jersey, y ahora en Ecuador. 

Que bueno.  Gracias.   Vivo en Charlotte, NC.  Estoy de NYC.  Tome' lecciones en espanol y esta verano voy a visitar Madrid.  Toco guittara en mi iglesia por la misa latino.   Hablo mucho espanol alli.  

Hasta 

On 25/03/2017 at 6:54 PM, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Just a casual poster, and I did find my way here after JI, but I dont plan to go back. 

"Going back" would be like leaving the Carpathia to cling to a piece of Titanic wreckage.

59 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The most ridiculous thing there was the number of aliases that Sooth chose to have. 

This site wouldn't do that, would they?

I have a couple aliases. I use them to make fun of people, not to blatantly drive up post counts. 

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

The most ridiculous thing there was the number of aliases that Sooth chose to have. 

I have one to say things to T0mShane that I wouldn't say in the bedroom. 

The first 30 accounts here, like 6 of them were fake. We thought we were going to need to do the fake posting thing. But we had like 500 posts on our first day in existence or something crazy like that. So we didn't need to do it much.

We have had other fake accounts. I used the streetballa account to send messages to the staff here that I didn't want to say to them directly. Oh wait, no that wasn't me and that didn't happen here. :)

My favorite fake account here was probably the Call Center Guy from India that @Thor99 created when we were in that Jets fan site voting contest on Sports Illustrated. @GreenBeans wrote a script for us that would vote automatically. The vote between all the sites was really close. I got that script and I installed it on like 3 computers in my house. I went to my paren'ts house installed it everywhere. I was basically driving around the neighborhood installing this script and the next day we were up by like 250,000 votes.

People accused us of cheating. The nerve lol. So Thor posted that he was a big Jets fan in India and he loved the site. He had his entire call center, hundreds of people voting for us non-stop. I loved reading on other sites that we had a call center voting for us and we were going to be hard to beat. Pretty funny that people believed the story. 

1 hour ago, Thor99 said:

I have a couple aliases. I use them to make fun of people, not to blatantly drive up post counts. 

We have been fortunate. We never really had to use fake accounts to start the, "Bring back Chad Pennington, he is only 40" threads. Someone else always did that stuff for real.

Upon further review, maybe the only thing we have here is fake accounts. Hard to tell at times lol.

I just went over there in morbid curiosity. 

I checked out the baseball forum. The top topic is "Mets 2015". Apparently the Mets just signed Michael Cuddyer. 

I just went over there as well. Anyone know when they are going to open again?

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

The first 30 accounts here, like 6 of them were fake. We thought we were going to need to do the fake posting thing. But we had like 500 posts on our first day in existence or something crazy like that. So we didn't need to do it much.

We have had other fake accounts. I used the streetballa account to send messages to the staff here that I didn't want to say to them directly. Oh wait, no that wasn't me and that didn't happen here. :)

My favorite fake account here was probably the Call Center Guy from India that @Thor99 created when we were in that Jets fan site voting contest on Sports Illustrated. @GreenBeans wrote a script for us that would vote automatically. The vote between all the sites was really close. I got that script and I installed it on like 3 computers in my house. I went to my paren'ts house installed it everywhere. I was basically driving around the neighborhood installing this script and the next day we were up by like 250,000 votes.

People accused us of cheating. The nerve lol. So Thor posted that he was a big Jets fan in India and he loved the site. He had his entire call center, hundreds of people voting for us non-stop. I loved reading on other sites that we had a call center voting for us and we were going to be hard to beat. Pretty funny that people believed the story. 

This thread is full of gold.

On 3/22/2017 at 10:49 PM, Maxman said:

Hampur's not going anywhere. We're loud proud / rainbow waving group of idiots. We've (d)evolved well past going back to JI... It's the little perverted brother jet fans are stuck with now....

43 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Hampur's not going anywhere. We're loud proud / rainbow waving group of idiots. We've (d)evolved well past going back to JI... It's the little perverted brother jet fans are stuck with now....

That is great news on the Hampur, I am very happy to hear that.

As far as ji goes, I removed the link. They have to be having SEO issues right now with the restoring of the old domain. And they always censored our link. So I will repay the favor to them. :)

17 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Que bueno.  Gracias.   Vivo en Charlotte, NC.  Estoy Soy de NYC.  Tome' lecciones en espanol y esta este verano voy a visitar Madrid.  Toco guittara en mi iglesia por para la misa latino latinA.   Hablo mucho espanol alli.  

Hasta 

i Impresionante! Contador, guitarrista, hincha de los Jets, y fluente en Castellano. Perdóname en que tomé la libertad de corregir algunas detalles do lo que escribiste. Que goces Madrid y las cantidades de vinos riojas y las delicadezas de la gastronomía Española. 

El Argentino :D

Archived