Jets to sign CB Morris Claiborne

King P

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the logic of the signing.  And if the numbers are modest, and there is an out-clause in a year or two, I won't bash it as a fraud agency mistake.

But the probability of failure is high. The injury problems will undoubtedly continue...  This might not be a total bust, but it won't be a boom. 

48 minutes ago, pointman said:

Those are some big words. I hope you're right.

Morris Claiborn could only wish he had the production and the durability that Cro had at that time of his career. The guy was an absolute stud in SD ( What was it 10 or 12 int's in one season) and was very good for us for a majority of his first stint. That Cro and Revis duo was unbelievable to watch and one of the main reasons we were so damn good in 2010. 

I like Claiborn as he is a press corner and I truly believe that is the best type of DB in the nfl, but the injuries are extremely worrisome. He also does not strike me as really a #1 corner but a good #2. Hopefully this is a 3 year deal at around 6-8 mil per with some incentives bound on the number of games the guy is good to go.

33 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Good signing. Guy has a lot to prove. Hopefully this also helps to steer us away from picking a cb at 6.

Macc will not want to be Idzik.  He will not pick players at 6 who have serious injury history.  Anyone hurt at the combine or the Pro Day is not a high first round pick.  They are lower picks who need to prove themselves healthy.

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Hopefully this is a sign we draft offense in first round

BPA.  I don't think there is a position that the Jets don't need.  

Just now, varjet said:

Macc will not want to be Idzik.  He will not pick players at 6 who have serious injury history.  Anyone hurt at the combine or the Pro Day is not a high first round pick.  They are lower picks who need to prove themselves healthy.

BPA.  I don't think there is a position that the Jets don't need.  

I agree.

20 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Major upgrade over revis. But most would be these days..

My prediction is that Revis is a candidate for Comeback Player the Year in 2017, although I don't think that award should go to someone who dogs it the prior year.

He weighed in at 217 pounds last year, 20 pounds over his target weight.  He already lost 10 pounds.  Look at how Mauldin played when he gained weight (following instructions).  Revis is not a tall guy, and he is supposed to chase WRs.  

He will be in shape come July and ready to play.  He was not going to get better unless the Jets cut him.

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

We need 3 starting CBS in this league Claiborne on the outside and Skrine at nickel . Still leaves a opening which very well leave Lattimore in play.

I think we go with Justin Burris as our #2. We seem to be trying to play youngsters this year. 

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

We need 3 starting CBS in this league Claiborne on the outside and Skrine at nickel . Still leaves a opening which very well leave Lattimore in play.

I think we go with Justin Burris as our #2. We seem to be trying to play youngsters this year. 

Archived