Official JetNation 2017 Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Dcat

Just now, Dcat said:

LOL.  If they want to.  

New rule added: All GMs are allowed a maximum of 2 whiny posts.  You have one left Ape.

Wasn't trying to be whiny, but well done. I've just never done one of these - and didn't know if this was the norm. I think I signed up last year, made one pick and quit because I didn't have time. Or the year before, can't remember.

Anyway, this should be painstakingly awful... with some of the mid-level dipsh*ts on the board all trying to agree to trades. Awesome. The negotiations should have to be public facing!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Wasn't trying to be whiny, but well done. I've just never done one of these - and didn't know if this was the norm. I think I signed up last year, made one pick and quit because I didn't have time. Or the year before, can't remember.

Anyway, this should be painstakingly awful... with some of the mid-level dipsh*ts on the board all trying to agree to trades. Awesome. The negotiations should have to be public facing!

last year this forum didn't get past round 5 and we had no trading.  People lost interest.  Trading actually increases interest. The format we are using we used to use on JI and currently use on Hampur.  It works fine if you can live with the slow scroll instead of rapid fire.  For rapid fire mocks, you'll need to go elsewere this season.  But it's the same set up over at Hampur.  I happen to like it very much.  

Hey, if it doesn't work out here, then next year JN can try a different set up.  But lets give this one a chance.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcat said:

last year this forum didn't get past round 5 and we had no trading.  People lost interest.  Trading actually increases interest. The format we are using we used to use on JI and currently use on Hampur.  It works fine if you can live with the slow scroll instead of rapid fire.  For rapid fire mocks, you'll need to go elsewere this season.  But it's the same set up over at Hampur.  I happen to like it very much.  

Hey, if it doesn't work out here, then next year JN can try a different set up.  But lets give this one a chance.  

I'm not advocating changing anything - it's all good. Just asking questions, so I do better than the numb nuts drafting around me.

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

This is why you don't do trades in mock draft.This is why you don't do trades in mock draft.

Anyone else read that and immediately think of this movie quote?

"This is what happens Larry. This is what happens when you f@#% a stranger in the ass."

homework.jpg

• Upvote 1

The amount of trade talk reduces as time goes on.  Trades or not these things take time and go in spurts and one thing that has happened in every single mock I have been involved with.

1) Rules are clearly laid out at the start of the draft by the moderator that people accept.

2) People bitch about the the draft being run the way the moderator runs it.

There is literally zero reason to miss a pick in these things outside of emergencies.

• Upvote 4

i have run the mock draft at the Hampur and JI before that for the last 3 or 4 years.  We have always done it with trades and it takes time, but we have always gotten through all 7 rounds.  My goal is to get through a round every 2 days, but it usually takes a little longer than that.

It is a dead time of year for NFL, after the initial free agent frenzy and before the draft, so if it takes two and a half weeks to get through 7 rounds, so be it, it gives us an excuse to talk football for those two and a half weeks.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Love your pick, Lith! I hope our card gets up there to pick him if he's there at 6 as quickly as you put in the pick here. Good job. Andy Dalton just ran out of excuses.

Thanks.  As of now, Brandon Lafell is the second option on the outside for Dalton.  Give him Williams to go with Green and you are right.  No excuses.  I would be happy with Williams in green and white.  Its time we added an elite, young offensive playmaker.  Although I am not sure he gets past Tennessee at 5.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You're on your phone long enough to post twice already so obviously you're available to pick. 

1) I wasn't on the clock when I made those last posts

2) I can't be constantly on my phone, I'll be on it when I have time (like now)

3) I PM'ed the guys my pick in case I wasn't available.

4) Stop worrying about what the **** I'm doing. I don't have to answer you, so it's none of your gotdamn concern

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  As of now, Brandon Lafell is the second option on the outside for Dalton.  Give him Williams to go with Green and you are right.  No excuses.  I would be happy with Williams in green and white.  Its time we added an elite, young offensive playmaker.  Although I am not sure he gets past Tennessee at 5.  

I'd take Davis just as easily. Those guys are the goods. Or Howard. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

My fear as well, but they might go for Adams like in our draft and take a receiver at 18. 

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

I'd take Davis just as easily. Those guys are the goods. Or Howard. 

I have Howard and Williams just a bit above Davis.  I am not quite sure what to make of Davis as a prospect.  Great route runner, technically sound but going up against lesser competition at WMU and not being able to work out at his pro day/combine due to injury (ankle, I think), make me a little nervous about him at 6.  I would take Howard or Williams before Davis. 

Question for the draft mods. (Not a complaint).

How does the clock work? Does every spot have a specified time that they need to be finished by - regardless of when the previous team picked?

Ex: pick 1 - 10 am

pick 2 - 10:30 am

pick 3 - 11 am

* So if pick 1 is posted at 8am, pick 2 then gets 2.5 hours to make their pick

---or---

is it that once a team picks the next team has X amount of time (like in the NFL)?

5 minutes ago, King P said:

1) I wasn't on the clock when I made those last posts

2) I can't be constantly on my phone, I'll be on it when I have time (like now)

3) I PM'ed the guys my pick in case I wasn't available.

4) Stop worrying about what the **** I'm doing. I don't have to answer you, so it's none of your gotdamn concern

Then why are you?

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Then why are you?

Because I feel like it. Now shut the **** up. My pick is made so you don't have to worry about anything. 

And this is my last response to you, dweeb. So don't even bother, we're done here

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Don't get me wrong I think OJ is a great prospect but the Bills had much bigger needs and Clay is a solid TE. 

EDIT: I'm talking about the Bills pick. 

I wanted a WR, or a CB, and I think I can do just as good in RD 2 at both positions after the first 9 picks.  Not a fan of Dee Millner I mean Marlon Humphrey.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Don't get me wrong I think OJ is a great prospect but the Bills had much bigger needs and Clay is a solid TE. 

EDIT: I'm talking about the Bills pick. 

I would hardly call Clay solid. He's ok. He's like Dustin Keller.  They can help out a bit in the passing game, but no true dominance or gamebreaking ability. Howard has it, has the all around game as well, and is a homerun threat. Comparisons to Greg Olsen are spot on.  Though I think Howard will be a better blocker.

• Upvote 1