Official JetNation 2017 Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Dcat

4 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I would hardly call Clay solid. He's ok. He's like Dustin Keller.  They can help out a bit in the passing game, but no true dominance or gamebreaking ability. Howard has it, has the all around game as well, and is a homerun threat. Comparisons to Greg Olsen are spot on.  Though I think Howard will be a better blocker.

Last 4 season around 60 catches and 600 yards is pretty solid. 

14 minutes ago, section314 said:

What were the terms? Are they made public?

Details of the trade were posted earlier in this thread.  They are also in the notes on the Draft Spreadsheet:

*****TRADE*****

New Orleans Saints send pick #11 to Oakland Raiders.

Oakland Raiders send pick #24, #55 and #129 to Saints.

Spreadsheet is updated

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Last 4 season around 60 catches and 600 yards is pretty solid. 

I had him in fantasy, watched him fairly often, it was the quietest 57 catches for 552 yards ever.  Plus he didn't score until December. Had only like 20 1st downs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14145/charles-clay

Like I said....Dustin Keller.

49 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Question for the draft mods. (Not a complaint).

How does the clock work? Does every spot have a specified time that they need to be finished by - regardless of when the previous team picked?

Ex: pick 1 - 10 am

pick 2 - 10:30 am

pick 3 - 11 am

* So if pick 1 is posted at 8am, pick 2 then gets 2.5 hours to make their pick

---or---

is it that once a team picks the next team has X amount of time (like in the NFL)?

Each team has a 3 hour window to make their pick after the team before you makes a pick.  Similar to the NFL.

Just now, Lil Woody said:

I had him in fantasy, watched him fairly often, it was the quietest 57 catches for 552 yards ever.  Plus he didn't score until December. Had only like 20 1st downs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14145/charles-clay

Like I said....Dustin Keller.

I'm assuming we all watched him considering he played for the bills and fins. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

I'm assuming we all watched him considering he played for the bills and fins. 

OK. I wouldn't make that assumption personally. There are always way better games than the friggin Fins and Bills. God If I felt that I had to watch the goddamn Jets, Bills, Fish and Cheats just because they were enemies and in our division, I'd quit NFL football all together. Blech.

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

OK. I wouldn't make that assumption personally. There are always way better games than the friggin Fins and Bills. God If I felt that I had to watch the goddamn Jets, Bills, Fish and Cheats just because they were enemies and in our division, I'd quit NFL football all together. Blech.

The Fins are always on so if it's not the Jets I watch the fins and hope they lose. 

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

Details of the trade were posted earlier in this thread.  They are also in the notes on the Draft Spreadsheet:

*****TRADE*****

Spreadsheet is updated

Tnx. 

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  As of now, Brandon Lafell is the second option on the outside for Dalton.  Give him Williams to go with Green and you are right.  No excuses.  I would be happy with Williams in green and white.  Its time we added an elite, young offensive playmaker.  Although I am not sure he gets past Tennessee at 5.  

I think Corey Davis is better, but Williams is a good fit for Cincy.

I doubt Tennessee picks him at 5

15 hours ago, King P said:

1) I wasn't on the clock when I made those last posts

2) I can't be constantly on my phone, I'll be on it when I have time (like now)

3) I PM'ed the guys my pick in case I wasn't available.

4) Stop worrying about what the **** I'm doing. I don't have to answer you, so it's none of your gotdamn concern

Ha. He's actually going easy on you.   Many years ago I used all 3 hours for the overall #1 pick. I was in a meeting and honestly, I completely forgot.  @Beerfish was ready to drop me into a shark tank.  Anyway, you are taking @New York Mick way too seriously. He was just trying to be nice in his own, unique,  New York Mick way.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

*****TRADE*****

Spreadsheet is updated

Reggie Mckenize more likely to trade down, than to trade up. ( can't see him ever given up all those picks)      Raiders addressed most of the needs on offense in Fa (Wr/Rb  Cordaelle Patterson, Te- Jared Cook , Swing tackle - Marshall Newhouse , Backup Qb competition - Ej Manuel , Most likely Beastmode- probably comes out of retirement to team up with Jalen Richard, and Deandre Washington.

The Eight picks Raiders have I would expect 7 to be on the defense side of the ball.    ( Probably draft a Rb in the fifth round- best big back left on board as that position too loaded not to address .

Just now, Raideraholic said:

Reggie Mckenize more likely to trade down, than to trade up. ( can't see him ever given up all those picks)      Raiders addressed most of the needs on offense in Fa (Wr/Rb  Cordaelle Patterson, Te- Jared Cook , Swing tackle - Marshall Newhouse , Backup Qb competition - Ej Manuel , Most likely Beastmode- probably comes out of retirement to team up with Jalen Richard, and Deandre Washington.

The Eight picks Raiders have I would expect 7 to be on the defense side of the ball.    ( Probably draft a Rb in the fifth round- best big back left on board as that position too loaded not to address .

Thanks for the scouting report.  So when you are completely wrong as you are every draft can we quote this?

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Bills GM knocked over draft board with Williams pick, but will settle for a big pass catching TE to help Tyrod between the numbers.

Him landing in the division would really bother me.  The Bills have a mountain of money tied up in Clay for the next 2 years.  A ton of dead money if hes cut and a ton of cap hit if he sticks. An overpriced signing from the beginning of the Rex era.  

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Thanks for the scouting report.  So when you are completely wrong as you are every draft can we quote this?

Take it to the bank it will be defense heavy draft for the Raiders.( there is no suspense , as even I can't be wrong on this one - as it clear as day.

The offense is pretty much done with.    The defense needs to be addressed bigtime.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, section314 said:

In my very humble opinion, Lith got the 2nd best player in the draft at #9.:D

some would say he is the 2nd best WR in the draft.  I love the kid, Not sure he is another Clemson Watkins or Hopkins though. But better than a Peake or even a Bryant.

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Don't get me wrong I think OJ is a great prospect but the Bills had much bigger needs and Clay is a solid TE. 

EDIT: I'm talking about the Bills pick. 

Plus they have I think $18 million locked into him for the next 2 years with $9 million in dead money if they cut him.  Clay money

I doubt they would add a 1st round TE to that.  Plus remember who the QB is.  Taylor doesn't use the TE all that much in the passing game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

R-E-L-A-X. This is going to be a long process. Don't rush it. Use it as a chance to REALLY get to know the prospects.

Sure helps me know whats what on draft day.  Especially after a fall when I didnt get to watch nearly as much college as I wanted.  Pathetic.