McCown left without a contract

ManCave Analyst

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

1 year deal for substantial amount of money, per Rapsheet

If its substantial than I am out of the supporting Mac section of jet fans. It would be completely inexcusable to give this guy 8-12 mil per a year for absolutely nothing in return.

Just now, jdeacon said:

If its substantial than I am out of the supporting Mac section of jet fans. It would be completely inexcusable to give this guy 8-12 mil per a year for absolutely nothing in return.

Don't read into "substantial" too much. It's a vague choice of words. Let wait see what the actual amount it.  As I have posted previously I think McCown is the right QB for our situation.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for smoking head gifs

Whatever makes you this upset makes me:

tenor.gif

Love the move. We're NOT drafting a QB in the 1st and Hack will start by mid-October passing to . . . . . Mike Williams/OJ Howard?

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Whatever makes you this upset makes me:

tenor.gif

Love the move. We're NOT drafting a QB in the 1st and Hack will start by mid-October passing to . . . . . Mike Williams/OJ Howard?

Im not upset Im a longtime diehard Jets fan I expect nothing positive and I'm never disappointed. 

I saw them win a Super Bowl how about you?

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Don't read into "substantial" too much. It's a vague choice of words. Let wait see what the actual amount it.  As I have posted previously I think McCown is the right QB for our situation.

I agree. I'd say he signed for $6M?

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Bowles is really taking this once and only opportunity by the horns here. As far as Maccagnan's goes, he's openly admitting his two QB picks suck. 

I actually interpret the OPPOSITE. 

9 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

The #Jets deal for QB Josh McCown is a 1-year deal worth $6M -- fully guaranteed -- source said. NYJ paying big for his tutelage (and play).

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I agree. I'd say he signed for $6M?

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The #Jets deal for QB Josh McCown is a 1-year deal worth $6M -- fully guaranteed -- source said. NYJ paying big for his tutelage (and play).

HA! called it. 

Breer:

Josh McCown's 1-year deal with Jets is worth $6 million fully guaranteed. Also has $2M in playtime incentives, $5M in team-based incentives.

$2M in playtime incentives – McCown gets $125K for each game he plays 50% of the snaps in. $5M in team incentives: playoffs, SB, SB win.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

with regards to what?

That he has confidence in Petty and Hack battling it out for #1 and McCown is the emergency #3. If they all Crap the bed, we're in prime position for a solid pick in a QB rich draft.

It's a very solid hedge. 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

That he has confidence in Petty and Hack battling it out for #1 and McCown is the emergency #3. If they all Crap the bed, we're in prime position for a solid pick in a QB rich draft.

It's a very solid hedge. 

I dont see anyway Mccown doesnt start with that contract.

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Good job!

I'm telling you, if I were running this team we'd have SuperBowl Toe rings  by now :) 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

It's a very solid hedge. 

The perfect situation and imagine if Hackenberg turns out to be good. 

Happy days. 

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

In 2017 McCown, Petty, and Hack as the Jets' QBs will have only $7.26M TOTAL in QB Salary. :blink: WAY TO BUCK THE NFL TREND MAC!!!!

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

In 2017 McCown, Petty, and Hack as the Jets' QBs will have only $7.26M TOTAL in QB Salary. :blink: WAY TO BUCK THE NFL TREND MAC!!!!

Guess it is good that Fitz is not the highest paid QB on the cap anymore (Fitz accounts for 5m of dead money)

although I do love the SuperBowl incentive in McClowns contract 

Archived